Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

NW tikiheads? Come see Sven!

Pages: 1 1 replies

I posted this on the Yahoo list and got no response - I have no idea if it's because nobody got it, nobody read it or nobody's interested, so I thought I'd post again here.

Sven will be visiting the Alibi here in Portland to take pictures for his upcoming Witco book. He's volunteered to share his Marquesas slideshow if there's any interest, and I'm trying to see if that's the case. Anybody want to come to Stumptown on Thursday April 4 for a meet-and-greet and an educational and entertaining slideshow? Please email me offlist if you're interested.

Okay, I tried to get my sister and her husband -- who live in Portland -- interested, but no response. And, to think she used to dance hula at the Halekulani hotel in Waikiki. Obviously, we would be there if we could.
FYI, I am trying to get a copy of a film that was shot during an antique car rally at the Hawaiian Village in Tampa in 1966. I have no idea what is on it, but I know they had a banquet in the hotel's Aloha room. Is Sven still working on that documentary project? f so, this might -- I hope, I hope -- have some good views in it.

Pages: 1 1 replies