[ Edited by: crazy al 2016-04-02 12:08 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2016-04-11 17:22 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2016-05-28 19:59 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2016-06-18 17:04 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2016-07-13 08:33 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2017-04-15 10:40 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2017-10-20 08:54 ]

CA

the images of the #1 & #2 mugs are master casts... the glaze colors will very greatly so stay tooooooooooned for updates in a few weeks.....

I saw them casts in person the other day at Bamboo Bens shop and they look "Real Nice" good job you crazy mother F'er!!! Crazy Al Rocks!!

pretty freakin cool !!!!!!

WoooHooooo! I can't wait to own one :)

T

lots of detail on that first one, maybe the most that I have seem, but there is something about that second one that appeals to me more. Looks like a bone daddy.

TM

Nice

Whenever I see Crazy Al's Stuff,(not THAT stuff, but his other Stuff)...

I think of this....

Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know
I'm loco?To the one on the flam
Boy your
temper just toss that ham
In the fryin' pan
spam
Feel done when I come in slam
DamnI feel
like the son of sam
Don't make me wreck shit hectic
Next to the chair got me goin' like General ElectricEEEN!The lights are blinkingI'm thinkingIt's all over when I go out drinkingOh, makin'
my mind slow,That's why I don't fuck wit da big
four-oBro', I got ta maintainCause a nigga like me is goin' insaneInsane in the membraneInsane in the brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the brain!Insane in the membranePlenty insaneGot no brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the brain!Do my shit undercoverNow it's time for the blubbaBlabbaTo watch that belly get fatterFat boy on a dietDon't try itI'll jack your ass like a looter in a riotMy shit's fat like a sumo slammin' that assLeavin' your face in the grassYou knowI don't take a duloLightlyPunks just jealous cause they can't outwrite meSo kick that style:
wicked, wildHappy face nigga never seen me smileRip
that mainframeI'll explainA nigga like me is
goin' insaneInsane in the membraneInsane
in the brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the
brain!Insane in the membraneGoing insaneGot no brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the
brain!Insane in the brainIn the brainIt's because I'm locoInsane in the
brainIn the brainIt's because I'm locoInsane in the brainIn the brainInsaneIt's because I'm locoInsane in the
brainLike Louie ArmstrongPlayed the trumpetI'll hit dat bong and break ya off something soonI
got to get my propsCopsCome and try to snatch my
cropsThese pigs wanna blow my house downHead
undergroundTo the next townThey get madWhen
they come to raid my padAnd I'm out in the nine deuce
Cad'Yes I'm the pirate pilotOf this ship
if I getWit' the ultraviolet dreamHide from the
red light beamNow do you believe in the unseenLook,
but don't make your eyes strainA nigga like me is
goin' insaneInsane in the membraneInsane
in the brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the
brain!Insane in the membranePlenty insaneGot no brain!Insane in the membraneInsane in the
brain!Insane in the brainIt's because
I'm locoInsane in the brainIt's because
I'm locoInsane in the brainIt's
because I'm locoInsane in the brainIt's
because I'm loco"...I think I'm going
crazy..."

I love him. He tell's good story at 5:00 a.m. . :wink:!!!!

Take anutha bong rip, yo.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 28, 2006 12:06 AM

GROG also saw original castings at Bamboo Ben's on Sunday.
Incredible detail (as you can see in the photos).

GROG highly recommend.

If he wasn't so CRAZY, we'd have to rename him AWESOME AL.

To quote Bamboo Ben, " AL ROCKS!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!"

GROG

:tiki: B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!! :tiki:

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

B

Definitely Awesome,Crazy and al all in one. This stuff is so good I got whip-lash from shakin' my head in Disbelief. Al, yer Killin me

M

Leave it to Bamboo to have us reading Cypress Hill lyrics at 6:00 Am ! You guys rock this house. Nice Nice Mugs Al.

Mc

K

I do believe that ookoo and I are the first on the list for the ultra special, hand painted editions of both new mugs.
And Al still has some #13's left. How could that be? We love Crazy Al's art, and his VISA's bill is not getting any smaller.

CA

How many of these mothers can i make before Aug.18th???

i've created another monster... lots of clean up on three parting lines...

no walk in kilns here.....

more! Better!! FASTER!!! mush! mush!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 14, 2006 12:18 AM

Which one is GROG's?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 14, 2006 12:31 AM

On 2006-07-14 00:13, crazy al wrote:

Sorry, knocked this off the first page. Didn't want anybody to miss it.

WHOA THERE Speedy C'Al!... is that 'Hello Kitty' or 'Faster Pussycat' in da kiln with dem mugs??? Oooooh well, I may be a bit late? Meow...GzzzzzttT!

"OOOOooo that smell, can you smell that smell..." --L.Skynard

flip-flOp-fLipPp...

ps Really dig the new mugs.

B

Just make enough for me too. More great stuff. Man Who lit your Fire?? you're starting to give Me a complex, Dam manwhere yo finding all this creativity and Doitivety??

I love that deisgn!!! I can't wait to have one of dem in my collec-shion!!! EeeeeaaaAAAAAOooOOooOuuuUUUuuuuUUWWWWwwwWWWWW

M

I want one. Will you be selling them online or something?

Crazy Al

Is on

FIRE !!!

CA

the debut release is Aug 18th here in LA and the rest of the run will be available via on-line sources, and different runs available at my show in LA Oct 13th.... still working out details

T

Reminds me of The Day of the Dead skulls, and I love that stuff and I love this mug and I love swimming pools.

I am absolutely bent from the details and details, and the details. SUPER SWEET!! The details and attention to detail is awesome! Very meticulous attention to detail. Beautiful work! Oh. And great attention to....
I am inspired to become more detailed with my burgeoning glass Tiki realm.
Fantastic detail!
If you ever are in the mood for some trade, art to art, please, let me know!!
Kyle

CA

Pur'dee little things before they are fired......
all the dang best glazes are 'toxic'... but these non toxic ones should be pretty cool

maybe i should have been doing this a year ago instead of just thinking about it....
the anticipation is a bitch... i wish i had a 100 of these guys all boxed up already.....
but that just wouldn't be normal....
more better faster!!!!! tomorrow....

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 17, 2006 12:58 PM

On 2006-07-14 00:18, GROG wrote:
Which one is GROG's?

Ditto

Looking good, Crazy Al! Shades for reds are my favorite! Standing in line behind GROG for a chance at one too!

• Myke
T

I'll take two of the mug above. I love ceramic and I love terra-cotta as one of the clays. Maybe alittle black stain rubbed on and wiped off on one mine :)

i want a toxic one!

CA

great thing about glazes... the reds turn green, the browns turn blue... i think that gray one will be mellow yellow...
hope at least one looks fantastic so the production machine can start billowing out toxic smoke!
more! Better! faster! CrrracK!! (the sound not the drug you...)

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-07-18 10:11 ]

CA

here's the edition of 100 color For Tiki#2, available starting in Long Bch on the 18th.

An Antique Ochre, It's a burnt orange with yellow highlights and blue gray shades.
Looks like it works ok....

here's another look at the sculpt for #2... seems so long ago... last week was it?

ol' Tiki#1 was a bit of an experiment in R&D...... there is only one #1 mold right now and each cast gets allot of attention. There will be every few available in LB of those able to make it out. But Your orders will be talken at the Tiki fest to assure you get one of each if you wish.

I'm still formulating the launch of the #1 and #2 mugs, so stay tuned

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 6:18 PM

GROG look forward to having a nice tasty tropical beverage in GROG's mug.

K

Nice design and detail Crazy Al. The tapa design is a big WIN!

UB

On 2006-08-03 11:50, crazy al wrote:
An Antique Ochre, It's a burnt orange with yellow highlights and blue gray shades.
Looks like it works ok....

For The Love Of God Al!
Don't come out with this mug.

Blue Grey Shades?????

I love you man!!!

Arrrr!!!!

p.s. anyone have a connection with Grecian Formula ??!!!

P

On 2006-07-14 00:13, crazy al wrote:

Hi Crazy Al! These NEW mugs are the 'Dogs Bollocks!'. The detailing is so damn fine! You must be 'chuffed to bits' with your new sons? They will grace the finest of collections and hopefully find a prime place in my more modest one! How much talent is one guy allowed? I'm sorry to say I think you may have been allocated by share of talent by mistake! No chance of getting it back I guess? Keep up the awesome work Crazy Al!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 9:36 AM

Here ya go Ben.

On 2006-08-04 09:36, GROG wrote:

Here ya go Ben.

I'll take Grey anyday! The brown makes my head look even bigger!!!! But, "hanx" ( Sham??) for the formula GROG!!!

C'Al stopped by today with a truckload full of molds for his mugs and the mold dude did a rubber/silicone casting of one of them and I suggested that he put it up on eBay for any of you Fetish Tiki Freaks out there. It's rather big and blunt, but siliconie and rubberie. I'm sure there's at least a few of you TC'ers into this type of stuff!

Might be a collectors item!!

CA

one! Two!! THREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Finally! Here's the final glaze for #1!! an 'Antique Olive' glaze technique that i personally developed and only available through Bone Productions!!

It's very rich and obscure... this glaze thing is though to figure out when you don't know what the hell you are doing..... not to worry, all non-toxic glazes are used. That's the hard part. All the really cool glazes can kill you I guess.

Ol'#1 goes into production next week!! And many folks opted to buy #2 solo so there is quite a few more #1's available to purchase. Thanks to all who helped me out buy ordering the #1 in advance with just a half-ass sample to look at!! You are the greatest Support!

There are less then 40 mugs available for #2.........

now available to public...BUY NOW!!!
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug1-2.html

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnD!!Drrrrrrrrrruuuuuuum RoooooooLL! Cymbal! CRASH!!!
#3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, a glaze sample anyway... I've yet to name it or nail it.

The King is "10 inches tall" Oh'my! and holds a wap'in 28oz!!
CrazyAL Tiki#3 "King Tiki" sculpted Ten Years Ago in October......."21st Century Tiki Show" 10/04/96

a note from Otto V.S.
"In 1996 I co-curated "20th Century Tiki" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. It was the first Tiki art gallery show ever and spawned many others around the country. The success of that show and the publicity it generated sparked the current Tiki art movement. Meanwhile I had met Crazy Al and had been following his career as a creator of miniatures and a budding Tiki carver. It is no accident that Al's inclusion in that show has led to his 10-year retrospective happening at La Luz in October. His obvious talent and singular creations makes him stand out from the crowd."

I hope to see you all on another Fri in Oct. at La Luz, Oct.13th, where Tiki#3 Mug will debut at my retrospective show.
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALshow.html

Spacial Glazing, Resin Bone and War Club Miniature add-on's... I'm still working out the kinks and pricing.... I think my Bone is two Big... or at least to Long.....might need a trip to the Rabi..

Don't knock Holden till you walk a mile in his 'Chon-es'... making cool crap is slow go and frustrating. But worth it!?!
I think a just paid out a record for a 'per-price' on production. Why do people look at you cock-eyed when you ask them to make it look like the original sculpt......?
Creating a tiki mug that looks like a 'tiki' and not a 'mug' is a bitch, at least to make it some what affordable.

here's a sneak peek at ebay to come.... Custom KINGS!!!

Thanks again for the support.

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-09-08 10:43 ]

T

CAn number two be bought on its own. I guess I don't see where to pay for or the price.

P

click the banana/coconut paypal button that says "AM02A Edition" next to it.

the king rocks! gotta get a custom king. i dig the name, too! :)

I was lucky enough to see a test glaze sample of this #3 mug at the Long Beach Tiki Fest and let me say that it is huge and it is incredible. Feels soo substantial in the hand. It looked awesome, and that was before the installation on the bone nose and war club. I am sure the finished version is gonna be bad ass.

Gonna have to display him separate from the rest of my collection - I would hate for him to get in a bad mood and kick the crap out of all my other mugs.......He is one BAAAAD BOY!!

N

I will take one of everything, oh wait i already am getting one of everything. I think that #3 is just arrrrrrsome when can i get all the different versions of that.

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Sep 8, 2006 4:50 PM

OMFG!!! These are Insane!!! This must be "C" Al's plan "B" for retirement. These are the sickest Group of mugs I have ever seen!!! I have plenty, both very vintage to the recent and I have to bow to these designs and finish. (Huge Applause!!!)

(Now for the Nut huggin)

How do I not have to buy off Tikibay ?

Whoa! I need a drink. I have vessel envy. Must drown it out.

Mucho Mahaoloz!

McTiki

CA

still one left here of both #1 & #2
My mugs, offered at a premium price, do not fly off the shelf unless there is an earthq...... better left unsaid....

so it's the real tiki-freaks that end up with one of my mugs.
Thanks to all of you.
only 30 left of #2...............

http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug1-2.html

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-09-10 17:14 ]

B

Al, These are Incredibly unbelievable.. You Are insane.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 514 replies