Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Special Order Carving...Updated w/new carving and offering!

Pages: 1 16 replies

M

Yeah yeah yeah I know it's not "traditional" Tiki by any sense of the word Tiki, so no flaming me. My Wahine wanted a Mermaid carved out of this log. I think it turned out rad if I do say so myself. Happy Independence day !

Mahalo

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-07-22 16:42 ]

Very Cool!! Looks like a Mermaid Tiki to me. Pretty Unique fo sho.
Chongolio

C

i'm diggin' it McTiki...plenny tiki for me....cool tail!

i like this one keep up the good work.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 8:28 PM

Kool idea man! This piece works :)

Very cool. It has a very vintage feel to it.
And its plenty tiki enough for me.

TG

Sweet! Looks awesome McTiki. I personally had an up close and personal view of this mermaid coming to life. Trish and I spent a little time down in Merrit Island with the McTiki's last weekend. I hacked on a little project while Mr. McTiki worked on this. Hot as hell, but the pool and killer outdoor tiki bar helped alot;) I think my little tiki felt right at home as we left him behind to join the company of all his other new tiki friends.

Props bro', the place looks awesome and so does the Mermaid.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-07 10:13 ]

Love that mermaid tiki, very cool!

thumbs up. I like her lots.

Pretty rad work McTiki!
Love the mermaid theme! Reminds me of the Haitian mermaids meets Oceanic tiki! You nailed it! Thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us!

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Jul 9, 2006 4:57 PM

Thank you all for the props! I was hesitant to post this due to the perceptions of what is and what is not Tiki. I have to give credit to the designer of the Tiki Farm (Tiki Godess) mug, that inspired feminenity to the profiles of her face. I will return to more traditional and original carvings now (unless I get an order of course lol) I have to thank Tiki G (who was supervising) for elaborating on the post as I was going to remian humble. I love this ohana!

Mahalo

J

Nice mermaid, you pulled off the combination tiki and mermaid very well. It must be great to have a TikiG piece. Your bar turned out wonderful and I've enjoyed the postings as you posted progress pics.
JP

[ Edited by: JohnnyP 2006-07-11 12:30 ]

M

Thanks JP. That means alot. Yes, having an original Tiki G is awesome.
Here's how she looks today. A few more details and she's done up nice. Yes, those are coconut shell halves over her appendages. lol Need shells for the string that hold em up.

Mahalo

Mc

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-07-11 14:37 ]

B

Mac. Love that mermaid, although, the one back a few pix swimming in the pool is really Sweet!

man does that look good. it looks even cooler with the color in it. good job.

M

We have a crapload of seeds for this speicies of tree. It grows very fast and can handle zones 8, 9 & 10

Plants

Final Mermaid

New carving!

Mahalo

H

Hey Mctiki,
I had to jump over here to see that ridge beam you mentioned on my tiki bar project thread. I don't know how I missed this---your bar looks awesome! I really like the thatching along the roof edge under the gable, very nice-may I borrow that idea?

The mermaid looks way cool too! I'll be checkin' back in w/ you.

Pages: 1 16 replies