Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Haole Kats at Foundation Lounge, Milwaukee, WI TONIGHT!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just talked to Don the bar manager today and Tiki Tuesday on August 8th just got a whole lot better! The Haole Kats are coming to our city!

Lake Tiki will be there with a table full of goodies, the Kats will be putting us in an island mood and there will be other surprises in store. Foundation has no cover... so no excuses! Stoked that the boys will be almost in my backyard, and if they have time for a tour of the Lake Tiki studios, they will be in my backyard!

For directions and phone number of Foundation, check out http://www.foundationbar.com/
Pictures of the bar and it's decor can be seen on my Tiki Carving thread... I've been busy over there this Spring.

Guys, get in touch with me via PM... I can give you the lowdown on food and lodging in the area... and sounds like Don may be opening up his backyard paradise to chill in earlier in the day!

Really looking forward to seeing you guys here! Can't wait to hear the new tunes!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-08-07 21:27 ]

HK

Dave -- We'll be in touch soon...I'm on vacation in TN right now, but I'll be back home in a few days.

The CD's done and TJ says it sounds great! Unfortunately, I've only heard a few mastered tracks so far...can't wait to hear how the whole thing turned out.

We'll definitely want to hook up while we're in Milwaukee. I'm not sure if we're gonna stay the night or head back to Madison after the gig at Foundation Bar, but we'll keep you posted. Any info on local lodging would be greatly appreciated.

So far, our dates for this mini-tour are:

Thursday, August 3rd - Melody Inn in Indy, IN (pending)
Friday, August 4th - Sandbar in Chicago
Saturday, August 5th - Chef Shangri La in Chicago, IL
Sunday, August 6th - Chef Shangri La in Chicago, IL
Tuesday, August 8th - Foundation Bar in Milwaukee
Wednesday, August 9th - The Foundry Bar, Monroe, WI (pending)
Friday, August 11th - JT Whitney's in Madison, WI

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

P

Man, I'm REALLY wanting to do this tour with the Kats.

Working on that surf CD was theraputic and it didn't cost anything.

It sounds fantastic. I'm super glad to have had a part in it and it's destined to be their best seller and (sorry) make the most waves of any of their releases.

There are some really good originals on there.
You'll be humming them for days or my name isn't Dr. Rebecca Cate!

I'm picking up the posters and cards Wednesday and will post an update of the events planned next week with the Haole Kats at Foundation!

Luau in Riverwest!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-08-02 13:09 ]

Bumped with the flyer...

Tonight!

Hope to see some Milwaukee locals pack the house for the talented musicians from The Sunshine State.

MIlwaukee's best Mai Tai and The Haole Kats!

Who says there's no tiki in Wisconsin!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-08-07 22:15 ]

C

It took me a week to get these posted, but here they are. It was our first trip to The Foundation - great place - great to see some TIKI in Mlwaukee! The Haole Kats were amazing & real treat with a style of music that is SO rare in this area. Thanks, guys, for stopping through!! I'm already looking forward to your next visit to the area.
&, now for a few images from the evening.....

& check out the drink prices on the menu below - one of the great things about Milwaukee!

& Lake Surfer with some of his wares:

& a few Lake Surfer items at home - GREAT new Tiki necklaces - check them out at Hukilau!!!

It was a great show! Here's a link to the pics I took:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20643&forum=11&0

Pages: 1 7 replies