Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

World's largest collection of Tiki matchbooks?

Pages: 1 6 replies

The seller of this Ebay auction claims to be selling the worlds largest collection of Tiki matchbooks.

If this claim is true, would you pay 2 1/2 grand for 'em? ($3.80 each)

No,but it's a great free reference for us designers! The colors and different styles and fonts are priceless!If I was a fancy schmanzy designer with a nice company credit card I'd get it,tho! Wouldn't you?

On 2006-07-22 20:52, tikipedia wrote:

If this claim is true, would you pay 2 1/2 grand for 'em? ($3.80 each)

Naaaw, because luckily I know enough collectors that have similar collections. Of the ones shown, I have seen about 40, have used 10 in the BOT, will use 5 in the upcoming book...and would like to get a closer look at about ten which I have not seen before.

The Hala Kahiki one that I need to borrow for use in the new book is on panel 4, top row, 2nd from left.

T

I have been hoarding TONS of matchbooks, postcards, and menus lately as research for... something I am working on.

Came across the MOTHERLODE today, and it seems to be a re-listing of the above poster's find from earlier this year.

Price has been dropped a bit.

Too rich for my blood, but perhaps there's a TC-er out there who can rescue this seemingly great archive...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290043391696

The largest tiki matchbook collection? They must not have seen Kohalacharms's collection. It is awesome and massive!!!!

R

On 2006-10-28 09:34, Atomicchick wrote:
The largest tiki matchbook collection? They must not have seen Kohalacharms's collection. It is awesome and massive!!!!

Considering the $ he seems to be able to spend on eBay (lost MANY an auction to him) it is no surprise! :wink: :lol:.......:cry:

did you happen to see the carved panels from chin tiki he( kohalacharms) bought on e-bay not long ago?

Pages: 1 6 replies