Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Music Swap at Hukilau '06

Pages: 1 2 replies

I think someone asked about this somewhere before, but my exhaustive search efforts came up with nothing.

I'm just here to say that I'm up for it if anyone else is. I haven't run into too much that's really important or impressive this year, but I could put together a pretty damn good "bird and cricket" compilation from what I have.

Not only that, but it was an enjoyable afternoon and a great way to meet some really cool people.

I vote we shorten the time-frame, maybe, and hold it somewhere near (or at) a bar.

Anybody else interested?

S

If nothing else, it urges all us music geeks to put something together. From what was said last time, I think we need to emphasize that it's not just Exotica that we swap. Any good ol' vintage vinyl. Most of us were lounge junkies, so, let's say lounge is the music, and that can include the Exotica and other styles of the day.

What's an open time in the weekend? Maybe meet at the Wreck Bar? Or on the back deck of the Clipper where the pool bar is?

Great idea! That could include a whole lot of "Not Exotica" Hapa Haole and any amount of lush and lovely Lounge that strikes a fancy.

As for the time...? Hmmmmmm. Saturday is pretty taken up this year. I wouldn't want to leave anyone out because they were attending one of the Seminars (although, there may not be that many of us to begin with). Perhaps immediately following BK's carving exhibition on Friday afternoon would be good. That should still leave time for dinner before the evening hoopla begins. There might be a few other good spots sprinkled throughout the weekend. We'll have to give it a good look-see.

Pages: 1 2 replies