Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TC Exclusive Benzart Mugs-Get yours now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 240 replies

B

A giant Mahalo to all who pre-ordered these for your patience. The TC exclusive Benzart mugs/pendants sets are now available online for those who preordered here at our super duper exclusive TC only ordering page...

http://www.tikifarm.com/tikicentral_benzart.htm

Jorge is on vacation this week so along w/the normal workload, I'm also shipping out these & all other orders. Probably won't start shipping until the end of the week as I just eyeballed an approx. 1" stack of packing slips on Jorge's desk. COME BACK JORGE...COME BACK!!

Holden

The Cut off day is coming SOON, Oct4th at NOON est. If you want the package Respond HERE by noon Wed and you will be counted. Don't be late.

Thanks again for the great response to the Benzart mugs. I am Really proud of them and can't wait to see them in person!
If there is going to be a "TC Only" package, we need to determine what peeps would like.
Who would like a mug/pendant package? All 4 pieces together or 1 mug/pendant seperately?
Any glaze pref's?
Chime in if you have any prefs or ideas. From this list, TF can see the best way to go
Thanks________________

[ Edited by: Benzart 2007-09-16 16:47 ]

M

Ben, I want to be first on this list!!! Any color! I would like one of each. These are awesome!

Mc

T

I would lie a TC package with one mug with one pendent. Its certainly more flexible then buying both

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:35:27 ]

i want both mugs and pendants. they are awesome!

T

Maybe you can offer them as pendant/mug separately, but also as a set at a slightly discounted price. And definitely think about offering hand-painted limited editions!

You know me I want one of each!!!

T

Count me in for one of each.

I like the mug / pendant combination offer the best. I would buy both mugs and pendants however they are offered. I see the #12 (longer face) in a reddish brown glaze, similar to your carving you use in your signature on your posts; the #20 in a warmer honey brown glaze.

Wow.. I might actually get a piece of Benzart's art! yeehaw!

• Myke

On 2006-07-25 07:48, tikiwinebear wrote:
I like the mug / pendant combination offer the best. I would buy both mugs and pendants however they are offered. I see the #12 (longer face) in a reddish brown glaze, similar to your carving you use in your signature on your posts; the #20 in a warmer honey brown glaze.

I agree completely. I was just thinking that the #12 should be the color of totara wood (reddish brown) because it looks like it belongs in a whare and that the #20 should be the color of kauri wood (amber) because it reminds me of a piece that adorn the front of a waka.

Oh, and I'd like a set of both mugs and pendants.

Looks like the whole package is the way to go!

I'd vote for two different mug/pendant sets. That way for the financially sensitive it's not as difficult for us to get something special.

T

it may be good to offer each mug with it's pendant separately for some folks who may not want both designs (i don't know why they wouldn't), but i'm like most everyone else and will probably end up getting both mugs. so maybe do a set of 2 mugs with matching pendants for those who want it, but also the individual mugs for those who only want 1.

B

Thanks for the great ideas. If we had to have only one "Tiki Central Only"Package, what would be the best?
I Love the reddish brown, but I'm not sure it is available. My understanding is that the Good reds have too much lead content and are unusable ?

I like the yellow glaze in the middle of this picture:

I think that would look good for the mugs and the pendants.

TB

Utopiandreem & i will take 1 of each, & i agree with ookoo on the color.

count me in for both mugs/pendants. i will leave the color to the artists. great work and can hardly wait to see how this pans out. i would also be interested in hand painted ones if avail.

michael g

I would like one mug & pendant, and I'd like to see the shorter mug in a nice brown of some sort.

J

If there can only be one TC Special, I'd like it to be both mugs with both pendants. I have no preference on color.

N

On 2006-07-25 06:30, poptiki wrote:
I don't think it matters what you do. These are a HIT right now and when they get into the world, LOOK OUT!

I thought this should have happened a long time ago. GOOD JOB. I"m glad for you. Now I get to be happy, happy, happy.

Thank you Benz.

I have to agree with poptiki, because whatever you make i will buy them all.

what exactly are these?

T

On 2006-07-25 17:01, kingstiedye wrote:

what exactly are these?

Really, inquiring minds want to know...

Yeah, I like the pendant/ mug set idea. But I'm buying 'em however they are packaged

B

Those 3 objects arepieces created to show the effects of glazes on different styles of detail. Some glazes would completely cover some types of detail.
Really, that is ONLY My Guess! We'll have to get Holden to tell us what thewy REally Are. If I had to guess that they were different from my first guess, I'd have to say Christmas tree ornaments or something like that.

Holden?

Count me in for all 3 pieces!

On 2006-07-26 09:39, Swamp Fire wrote:
Count me in for all 3 pieces!

Wow, who would have thought these things would be a hot item!

im in cant wait!....when will this roll out again??

B

Around christmas time...

We'll definitely take the mugs and a pendant!

Put my name on the list Ben.

B

Thanks Again everyone for your great support. It looks like we will have to make quite a few TC Packages.
I stated in the other thread that we are having BodhiBoy (Member since Aug of '04) do the pendants in glass we haven't decided on colors or which glass yet, but will do that soon. You can see some of his work on his website Here I'm really getting Excited to see this stuff and the glass pendants will really be awesome!
All I can say is Thanks Holden!!

K

Benzart-

Love the idea of a TC package. These mugs are so fierce I would not be able to make a choice. So, 2 mugs and 2 pendants it is. Will leave the color choices up to the experts. Congratulations!!

Here are 2 new glazes for your review. These might possibly work but only on the shorter mug.

Here's the entire group.

I've also listed the closest matching pantone codes as what you see on your monitor isn't necessarily what you get.

#'s 4 & 5 can only be used, as mentioned, for the smaller mug. If any of you have a preference for either mug, it'd be cool to reply with the # (1-5) and which mug you feel it best suits.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2006-07-29 13:29 ]

I still like the yellow glaze (#2) because it shows the most detail, and it's the most lifelike color.

#4 on the shorty, and #2 on the tall one.

I like #3 for the tall & #4 for the short.

T

number 2 will give it that Reagen tiki look and I think that will look nice. I think earthtone look best with Benzart and with a more realistic head

B

I think I like #2 and #4 the best. I'm sure all of the colors will be favored by some of us. The package will probably be the 2 mugs with matching glass pendants and the mugs will have one of the shown special glazes that will be different from the normal runs. I believe Holden is looking at 100 of the TC Special packages.

Aloha! since your asking for our opinions, (which by the way it very cool)here is my thought, doesn't look like a brick red or rusty brown is a option for the larger? so I'm with ookoo lady the golden seems to show more detail, but probably not the most original color, glaze. Another question is where are they being produced? China, Mexico or somewhere else. I had this discussion with Holden once & the detail with the product made in China was better than ones made in Mexico. SO, If that is the case (china) the detail will most likely be better than the samples we are looking at anyway. For the Small piece I like the #4 the best. I'm actually looking forward to the pendants! I don't own one. Last time I had anything like it was 1967 maybe haha. One of those fake black tiki's on a plastic lanyard.
LASTLY, maybe this is over the top. Casual mug collectors might not want 2 mug/2 pendent package because of pricing? so stay with single mug release packaging for them. But have the first 100 include the pendant so they are not slighted, after the initial 100 you just get the mug.(non TC edition) I want the whole shin-dig so how bout the Ultimate TC Edition include both mugs, both pendents. In the end, you Dudes know best!

p.s. one of the pic's your holding a pendant against a banana. I like the look, an amber speckle pendent? I like it anyway...anything different.... :roll:

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-08-06 04:14 ]

B

Thanks again for the response. For the "TC Only" package, we will offer both mugs and matching pendants made from glass by BodhiBoy. The colors and glazes have yet to be determined. For those not interested in the package, the mugs will also be available separately from Tiki Farm .
Everyone who wants the package should sign in here in this thread as this is where the list will be from.
Thanks again,

T

Very cool! Please put me on the list for the TC Special!

Beautiful work Ben! Please put me on the list.

Put me down for the "TC Only" package please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those mugs rule!!! Awesome job Benzart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

N

Get me aboard that list please!

T

Put me down for one too then. TC only package, hard to resist. So its confirmed two mugs two pendents. I guess two mugs isn't all that bad, considering that they are cheaper than one mug elsewhere. And the pendent are glass. would that mean that they are slightly different? It would be molded? Will the production on the pendent be limited to a hundred never to be repeated again.

i'm in.

T

Chiming in here for a package Ben... looks awesome!

Now who do I make the check out to! :wink:

Please add me to the list, those glazes are looking very pretty.

I'm sad these are only being offered as a set of two special mugs with pendants, instead of the special mugs separately with pendants.

I have a definite preference and don't want to be stuck with an extra one someone else might like.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-06 12:23 ]

Please add me to your Package list too!! Mahalo!

• Myke

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 240 replies