Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TC Exclusive Benzart Mugs-Get yours now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 240 replies

B

GREAT News about the BenZart TC Mug/pendant Special. The reason this has been taking so long is that the lass pendant end of the special could not happen. It was one of those things where it should have worked and try as he may, the maker through no fault of his, could not get the quality He is used to and that we needed . It may be possible down the line but for this project we sadly had to cancel the glass pendants
We turned to a Silversmith and have a final product which looks Beautiful and Everything looks great for a shipment Real SOON! Here is a look at the masters for Vicious and malicious, the Pendants.

Thanks SO Much for your patience, The reward is Near!

SsweeetT BenZ! Too bad the Bohdi glass didn't work out...but these are VICIOUS! -and, errr...MALICIOUS!
DrrrooooolL! :P

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

The detail on those pendants turned out badass.. NiiiCe!

That's really cool!!!

:o :o Geez Ben I don't know what the glass ones loooked like, but I'm kinda glad plan B happened instead. Beauty!

T

Any chance some of these will be available to latecomers? I already have & LOVE to use my Vicious & Malicious mugs, but the pendents are awesome! (Maybe I should get more mugs & give them to my 2 bosses (they can decide who gets what)...

those look incredible, cant wait to get them!!!

Where oh where...?

P
Paipo posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 2:01 PM

Did we ever get confirmation that the glaze on the mugs would be different to that on the regular edition? I've reread the thread but couldn't find any mention.....

J

Yes, Holden confirmed to me that the TC glazes will be different than what is available to the general public.

B

SOON!!

UB

Congrats Ben,
Those would make some great cufflinks too.

How bout a mug pic post is that possible? I know Holden is now leaving town but since we've behaved (kind of) & been patient (more or less) can we know a little bout the up dated glaze? and a delivery date? :D "well someone had to ask"... should have sent the squirrels........ :D :lol: :lol:

just wondering how things are coming along with this

B

I just got off the phone with Holden and the pendants have arrived! He's
going to do a final quality control on the entirety of the mugs & pendants
and likely next week, he'll post up to TC a TC exclusive hidden web page for
you to place your orders. IMPORTANT: When placing your orders, please be
sure to include your TC name on the 2nd line of the address field in the
bill-to portion of their cart. Mahalo for your patience but we both feel
these are very well worth the wait.
I will post the final list then also

On 2007-06-28 14:47, Benzart wrote:
I just got off the phone with Holden and the pendants have arrived! He's
going to do a final quality control on the entirety of the mugs & pendants
and likely next week, he'll post up to TC a TC exclusive hidden web page for
you to place your orders. IMPORTANT: When placing your orders, please be
sure to include your TC name on the 2nd line of the address field in the
bill-to portion of their cart. Mahalo for your patience but we both feel
these are very well worth the wait.
I will post the final list then also

Aloha Ben,
Good to hear things are moving forward, exciting! Did I miss a post since this one? any news? I thought we already placed orders with you months ago though ..LOL..the list

M

Hope to get these posted up to the hidden url but I'm heading off on biz tomorrow through the 16th & get back on the 17th then have the Bash on the 21st... likely right after that... right when the next shipment of Chiminea's & Mini-Grill's arrive... holy schnikees!!

A giant Mahalo to all who pre-ordered these for your patience. The TC exclusive Benzart mugs/pendants sets are now available online for those who preordered here at our super duper exclusive TC only ordering page...

http://www.tikifarm.com/tikicentral_benzart.htm

Jorge is on vacation this week so along w/the normal workload, I'm also shipping out these & all other orders. Probably won't start shipping until the end of the week as I just eyeballed an approx. 1" stack of packing slips on Jorge's desk. COME BACK JORGE...COME BACK!!

Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-08-12 17:17 ]

I gots mine.
Mahalo!
S
T

On 2007-08-13 20:42, Sneakytiki wrote:
I gots mine.
Mahalo!
S
T

+1

thanks!

Everybody PLEASE read this below (I cut & pasted it from the TC exclusive ordering page)...

IMPORTANT…

When placing your order, please be sure to reference your TC name in one of the address lines in the bill-to field of the shopping cart. This way, we can compare it against the list that we’ve got and check-off the progress of the sales and contact those TC’ers whom we haven’t heard from.

B

Bump.

Got mine today. Thanks!

B

HAppyHappy, Lets see some pictures of you guys with your mugs/pendants? Thanks!

WHHAAAAAAAA! :(

I am watching my mugs drive further and further away with the FedEx tracking system. Somebody at FX or any freakishly smart person needs to figure out a better shipping system. HELLOOO!! HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF TELEPORTATION IN THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY YET?? DUHHH! Sheesh!

I am about 50-55 miles south of TF. My mugs have already traveled 450 miles north. As of 6:09 this morning my mugs are in Stockton. I hope they stay in California. :)

I got mine! wonderful!!! the pendants are cool as the mugs!

Amy

On 2007-08-25 08:22, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
WHHAAAAAAAA! :(

I am watching my mugs drive further and further away with the FedEx tracking system. Somebody at FX or any freakishly smart person needs to figure out a better shipping system. HELLOOO!! HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF TELEPORTATION IN THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY YET?? DUHHH! Sheesh!

I am about 50-55 miles south of TF. My mugs have already traveled 450 miles north. As of 6:09 this morning my mugs are in Stockton. I hope they stay in California. :)

:lol: Everything I send U.S.P.S. goes north of me to the mojave annex first, then passes my house again to go down south which means, a simple letter 50 miles to the south from me takes 3 days for u.s.p.s. to deliver, in a better week. Ridiculous.

I did get my mugs & Pendants. The pendents are so heavy & very cool.

Got 'em this morning. I realy dig the pendants. They are heavy! No jogging with these babies. Not that I was gonna go jogging, but....

I'll post a Fedex travel log on "Beyond Tiki" that has NOTHING to do with tiki or Tiki Farm.

Thanks Benz, Holden and George!
Erik the Red

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-08-29 17:02 ]

J

Mine were supposed to arrive today, but the FedEx driver must've decided to go have a cocktail rather than attempt to deliver my mugs. :x The "delivery exception" in the tracking system said "Customer not available or business closed" at 4:14pm. I work in a large corporate office in downtown San Francisco and we have over 100 people working on my floor. We get deliveries here all the time. The mailroom guy never got a call, nor did any of the other 5 people (including me) on the list to call for deliveries! :roll: I called in a complaint to FedEx and was promised they would be delivered tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, and since it was only 4:35 when I called FedEx, I asked if they could send the guy back today if he was still in the area ... the CSR's response was "we don't have contact with our ground drivers." How is that even possible?! Do the drivers not carry cell phones? Can't they send them messages on that silly contraption they carry around so they can lie about attempting to deliver a package?!? Aaarrrrgghh!

... okay ... rant over ...

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-08-29 17:26 ]

I had to check my tracking info IMIDIATELY after I signed for the package. 13 steps up the stairs and bingo bango they knew I signed.

They always know!

N

"My" FedEx guy walked right up my FRESHLY resealed driveway, apparently the BARRICADE I put up around it didn't phase him! WTF! I have no idea what FedEx's hiring practices are like, but having gone through UPS's and the USPS's I am blown away at some of the incompetency that slips through.
That said I have a slightly damaged black top and no mugs, as today is the one day of the week I work a day shift.

[ Edited by: nitropic 2007-08-29 19:30 ]

Fed Ex totally sucks!!!!!!

I wish Tiki Farm would use another delivery service. Two attempts have been made to deliver my mugs but because nobody is home during the week they keep getting sent back. There is NO WAY I can stay home and wait for these things. I tried to sign the notice they left on the door but they said I have to be there in person to sign for it. After the third attempt it goes to a wherehouse, which is not disclosed. You have to call a 1-800 number. After 7 days it gets sent back.

What a bunch of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

At least with the US Postal system you can sign a waiver and they will leave it at your doorstep. I would rather take this risk than have to hunt like hell to try and find my f**kin' mugs.

Cheers and Mahalo my ass,
Jeff

The guy who delivered my mugs thought, on his own, that maybe he could just hide packages behind all the tikis, plants and logs near the door and forgo the signature the next time. I said "Hmmmmm, that's an idea!" and left it at that.

At least with the US Postal system you can sign a waiver and they will leave it at your doorstep. I would rather take this risk than have to hunt like hell to try and find my f**kin' mugs.

The USPS also delivers on Saturday, a day when many working people are actually at home, and there is a PO in nearly ever town to go pick up a missed package. My local FedEx is about 40 miles away, not convenient for an optional pick up. I'm going to hold of on leaving my house tomorrow until this package arrives, I missed it by 10 minutes today. :(

[ Edited by: nitropic 2007-08-30 12:14 ]

On 2007-08-30 05:29, Jeff Central wrote:

I wish Tiki Farm would use another delivery service. Two attempts have been made to deliver my mugs but because nobody is home during the week they keep getting sent back. There is NO WAY I can stay home and wait for these things. I tried to sign the notice they left on the door but they said I have to be there in person to sign for it. After the third attempt it goes to a wherehouse, which is not disclosed. You have to call a 1-800 number. After 7 days it gets sent back.

Jeff

.why don't you ship them to your work or to a neighbors house that is home during the day???

N

Heck, I work nights and am at home most of the day and they still manage to deliver when I'm out. TF needs to re-evaluate if the sign in person option is necessary. I know it is mostly to prevent "loss" claims, but I'd be willing to waive my "rights" to a loss claim if I'd saves the headache of trying to be home for these guys.

J

Yay! Mine have finally arrived and they're FABULOUS!!!

T

On 2007-08-30 13:04, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2007-08-30 05:29, Jeff Central wrote:

Jeff

.why don't you ship them to your work or to a neighbors house that is home during the day???

Not an option for a lot of folks.

FEDEX calls me today and tells me to pick up my mugs 33 miles away because 3 attemps were supposedly made, I have been left NO notices and it's not like they call ands ask when you'll be home, I'm off FRI. and Sat. and they could easily have delivered fri. while I'm home, FEDEX sucks anus.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:57:15 ]

I got no complaints 'bout nobuddy 'cept FEDEX peeps that prolly didn't even come to my house once since no notices were left but they lie an makes me pick 'em up a long wayz away...

Anyway I was stoked to git 'em. Just saw Pop's pics, looks like I got his mind ray cuz I took the same sorta' photos.

:drink:
Cheers Benz!

PS
Swank Bar Pops, it's looking cherry!

S
T

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-09-01 15:32 ]

Not an option for a lot of folks.

why not?? do you people not have jobs??? maybe your neighbors hate you.....here's what modern folks are doing about it.

I have lived in chicago for about 15 years and i knew i would be changing apartments frequently (10 places to be exact)....rather than have to suffer like "most folks" and have to deal with constant address changes and lost packages and mail everytime i moved, i got a one mail box at a local mail boxes etc. store near home (it's a chain store) and i never missed a single magazine or package. for a mere $20 a month it was a great investment and saved me alot of grief...especially if you live in a big city......they accept fed ex deliveries daily as well as usps and ups....there is always someone at the store to accept all packages and you even get a key to the place so you can pick up mail (not packages) after hours, any time......I reccommend it to anyone that doesn't want to wonder where their mail is....

but sadly, i know what's coming next after posting this ......

" alot of folks don't have an extra $20 a month to pay for the service..." well- each month, just drink 3 mai tais less than usual when you go out and there's your money!!

all i'm saying is, there are always options, and sometimes those options cost a few bucks but it's better than feeling victimized by a postal service gone out of control....or blaming tiki farm for their choice in services.....it's not their fault.

T

Not everybody lives in Chicago with sweet services

On 2007-09-01 16:37, tikigreg wrote:
Not everybody lives in Chicago with sweet services

..kinda makes ya wonder why not, huh?? ....but you're right. .... mail boxes etc., which was the name of the place (it's now been bought by ups and called the ups store) is nation wide....they have stores all over, in all kinds of cities......

back in the day when i used to plunder antique stores in other cities when i was traveling, i would take all the loot to the nearest mail boxes store, wrap it, pack it and send it to my address back home cause it was too much stuff to carry on the plane...usually by the time i got back home all the shit was waiting for me at the box the next day.....

even if you don't get a box, you should remember this service next time you are at hukilau or tiki oasis wondering how your gonna get all your new bought tiki crap back on the plane....just ship it home and rest easy!! ......any phone book will point you to the nearest location,

Yeah, I got my Benzart Mugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look wonderful. Great job Ben and Tiki Farm they look great!!! :)

I am not placing blame on Tiki Farm but rather suggesting that they might choose another carrier for their delivery service. It seems a LOT of people have had bad experiences with Fed Ex. I don't think the customer needs to change a delivery location, buy a box, or bug the neighbors to receive their merchandise that they paid good money for. Goods should get delivered or be easily available for pickup period.

If a lot of consumers complain about a certain service maybe things need to change. If not some people may shop elsewhere.

Anyway, great job on the mugs and the pendents are VERY cool!!!! Heavy suckers too!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2007-09-04 15:52 ]

B

Excellent pictures everyone, Thanks.
Those of you who reserved your Benzart Mug/Pendant set need to get them soon or let Holden know that you don't want them so other people can maybe get a set. Thanks for all your support.

thge wife and i finally ordered mine last week, cant wait to get them!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 240 replies