Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

where is a tiki-type hotel/hostel in LA for us to stay in?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi.
Mr Mai Tai (The Tiki Two) and Kaspia the knife-swallower here from Sydney, Australia. Anyone know where we can stay cheaply in LA (less than $60 a night) on our first visit to LA and the USA in early September? Just staying a night or two and would like it to be an interesting, perhaps even exotic, experience...
Cheers
Mai Tai

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you will probably find prices are much higher than you anticipated.

It will be hard to find anything that's fit for humans for less than $60.00 in Los Angeles.

You should expect to spend closer to $100 per night (including taxes and city fees) for a clean room in a nice area.

H

There are some cheap Motels around $70-100 per night in and around Hollywood Blvd. If you are interested in staying there. I don't know of any that is tiki. There is a hostel across from Grauman's Chineese Theatre on the second floor. Next time I go there I will get you some info if you like.

Thanks Hiltiki. That would be truly kind and most generous if you could find out about a room w three beds in that hostel...! Need all the local tips we can get!!

The Bananna on Highland or Cahuenga is a hostel in Hollywood, but somewhat of a walk to get to the action.

Pages: 1 5 replies