Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Been doing some long days at work...

Pages: 1 4 replies

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 27, 2006 6:07 AM

How long? Well yesterday I started at 8:00am and finished at 1:00am... Thats 15 working hours (after taking out an hour for lunch and an hour for tea!) Today by comparison was only 12 hours...

Been helping a student with an honours research project looking at how fresh water mussels cope with being translocated into constructed wetlands. Some are put into constructed wetlands, some in the river - and they compare survival rates between the two. To be academically rigorous he has had to collect, tag, record data on, and deploy 1400 mussels!

Spent the last 2 days deploying them. Gotta take detailed notes on where they put so we can find em to see how theyre going etc. months down the track from now.

I gotta work Saturday doing workshops with community groups on better water use etc.

I estimate I will be doing 45 hours or so this week.

Anyway, just had to get it off my chest and whine a bit... Hopefully get some tiki time soon.

S

My sympathies, but it could be worse, I am in the middle of a 36 hr shift, and average 80 hr/wk.

I am actually happy with my lifestyle now, much better than the near 120 hr wks I was putting in regularly 2 yrs ago, my longest shift back then was 60 hrs straight.

get some rest when you can, but remember it could always be worse.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 27, 2006 8:47 PM

thanks man, yeh it could be worse. They also have missed my pay 2 weeks in a row, which doesnt help. But yeh, could always be worse

Hey Hewey!
Chin up my good friend! All things must pass! At least you have your Tiki Ohana to help you thru the rough patches! Think of it this way....at least you don't have a lunatic in charge of your country!Those Freshwater mussels would thank you if they had a brain stem and voice box!

H

hahahahahahaha.............

Pages: 1 4 replies