Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Magazine #5

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

N

Tiki Magazine #5 is finished, printed and was mailed out to subscribers this morning. We're starting to place it in stores everywhere. Check it out. Shag's cover art of Bosko is excellent. I hope everyone enjoys the new issue.

H

Exciting!!!!

Damn... did I renew my subscription??? Congrats, Nick... an another issue!!!

• Myke

WoooHooo! Soccertiki and I picked up a Issue at The VooDoo Room last Sunday. Each issue keeps getting better :)

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Aug 1, 2006 6:54 PM

Went to the website and saw the cover, WOW. Great pairing and what a dream to be a living artist captured by Shag, or anyone in that matter. I didn't see this post at all and the website, said that it was current issue. I was like, didn't get mine, but now I know, the ten day waiting period.

M

its beautiful. Every issue just gets better than the last.

We are really luck to have your drive and motivation combined with all the talented contributors..

Very luck indeed to chronicle the hobby we love

Will there be copies at Hukilau?

One of these days I have to get around to getting a subscription... :wink:

TC

On 2006-08-01 21:03, Lake Surfer wrote:
One of these days I have to get around to getting a subscription... :wink:

No time like the present!
http://www.tikimag.net/subscribe.cgi

P

On 2006-07-27 20:38, nicktiki wrote:
Tiki Magazine #5 is finished, printed and was mailed out to subscribers this morning. We're starting to place it in stores everywhere. Check it out. Shag's cover art of Bosko is excellent. I hope everyone enjoys the new issue.

Great news guys! I'll be sure to pick up a copy from CHEEKYTIKI a.s.a.p. Fantastic SHAG cover!!! Bosko, you must be proud my son!?! Look forward to the article on Barcelona tiki bars, they really are the 'business'. We have an article on the Barcelona bars/mugs in our UK based tiki magazine POCKETIKI. It was launched here at the LONDON LUAU in June. We are mailing you a review copy, hope you like it? It is selling well on eBay at the moment, it's the only way we have of distributing it! The feedbacks are very encouraging so far. Keep up the great work!
MAHALO - Trader Jim.

TC

On 2006-08-02 04:06, POCKETIKI wrote:

We are mailing you a review copy, hope you like it? It is selling well on eBay at the moment, it's the only way we have of distributing it! The feedbacks are very encouraging so far. Keep up the great work!
MAHALO - Trader Jim.

Hey Trader Jim. It's great to see you here on Tiki Central. If you haven't already mailed a copy of Pocketiki to San Deigo, you're better off saving your money and directing any info to me (Tiki Mag's UK/European contact).

Also, you might want to check out Tiki Central's Tiki Marketplace, where you can post info about how folks can purchase Pocketiki:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=12&10471

Hope to see you around,
Tiki Chris

P

On 2006-08-02 04:33, Tiki Chris wrote:

On 2006-08-02 04:06, POCKETIKI wrote:

We are mailing you a review copy, hope you like it? It is selling well on eBay at the moment, it's the only way we have of distributing it! The feedbacks are very encouraging so far. Keep up the great work!
MAHALO - Trader Jim.

Hey Trader Jim. It's great to see you here on Tiki Central. If you haven't already mailed a copy of Pocketiki to San Diego, you're better off saving your money and directing any info to me (Tiki Mag's UK/European contact).

Also, you might want to check out Tiki Central's Tiki Marketplace, where you can post info about how folks can purchase Pocketiki:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=12&10471

Hope to see you around,
Tiki Chris

Hi Chris! I already sent the review copy of POCKETIKI to San Diego, hopefully they'll dig it? Didn't we trade a 'Limited Edition London Luau Launch' copy of POCKETIKI for one of your excellent, and highly recommended I might add, 'The Law of the Island' Rapa Nui Travelogues? Thanks for the 'Marketplace info', we'll have to check that out. It seems a shame to have produced this mag and not get it to as many tikiphiles who might want to read it. Anyway, let me know via the POCKETIKI email and we'll keep in touch my friend. Trader Jim.

I was very excited to receive my copy in the mailbox this morning, I can't wait to sit back and have a good read.
Mahalo!

I ordered a couple of back issues and both my wife and I enjoyed them. So I took your advice and ordered a subscription.... Great Stuff, Keep up the good work!

[ Edited by: moondog426 2006-08-02 20:16 ]

Nick and JP, all I can say is: W-O-W! Gettin' better each time. Chock full of good stuff. I just got it in the mail today, from my loving girlfriend. Probably the only issue in Germany right now!

Can't wait for it to arrive...you guys did get my change of address I hope...

UB

Another winner!

So, uh, how long should I be waiting for it to get to vacationland out here?

Was it media mail?

..sbim

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Aug 6, 2006 7:49 AM

I have a question and in doing so I will get to know more about the business of magazines which are my favortie written media after TC ofcourse.
Are all the magazine shipped out at the same time? From Californa? I often wonder if, say the slow media mail is like they say," We just got this shipment in off the plane, what do you want me to do with it?" "Place in over there in the corner so it can sit around for about ten days or so, thats media mail" Do you think that it comes over by a large unmarked truck. You would have to think that a place like Hawaii that can only be flown would get package just as quick as prioity.

How about this, if everyone stopped using the fast shipping methods, than the slow methods would become a lot faster. But, then they would just charge for it more.

In anyrate, I guess I'm just saying that I want my Bosko/Shag issue.

Teakey, I haven't received mine either. I usually get mine about two weeks after the first person posted they received theirs. That means any day now....

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 6, 2006 9:42 AM

GROG got GROG's yesterday, but only because GROG was at Tiki Invasion and bought it from Bosko so that he could sign the cover. Thanks Bosko.

GROG hasn't recieved GROG's in the mail, though.

Media Mail is why I quit selling books on Amazon. It is beyond hit or miss! I got negative feedback from people who asked for the cheapest shipping and then want it yesterday! And Amazon takes a chunk of the shipping cost and doesn't explain that to the folks buying stuff. So then they cry: "I was charged $2.98 for shipping and it only cost you $1.52!"

I also ordered a book for my son on Amazon and the only option was Media Mail. We waited 2 months! But I was among the first to get my recent Tiki Magazine. One thing I learned was that if you use the Zip + 4 you get everything faster. If someone doesn't give you their entire 9 digit Zip you can look it up with Shippers Assistant from USPS.

Another thing with anything going through the post office is how close you and the shipper live to hubs! Honolulu is a hub. Albuquerque is a hub. Many post office hubs are near big airports.

Unfortunately if magazines had to ship things First Class they couldn't afford to get them to you!

Aloha!

I think First Class should be an option for the people willing to pay for it!!

Jeff

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Aug 7, 2006 5:39 PM

Hey Nick, just wanted to say my mags arrived in Aotearoa today - thanks!
Interesting to note what people are saying about the postal service - the enevelope my mags were in was torn open in about 3 places, lucky for me it wasn't raining today.
Oh congrats on your new arrival too - if I wasn't painting the nursery today for our upcoming firstborn, I'd be reading the magazines right now!

H

Nick, your magazine keeps on getting better and better with each issue, the articles are so interesting. Keep them coming for ever.

N

Thank you everyone for the kind words about the current issue, I really appreciate it. Wendy, thank you so much for explaining how magazines are shipped. I could not have explained it better. Mailing continues to be the biggest frustration of the magazine. I'm getting energized for next issue which will feature an article and cover art by Tiki Tony.

Nick

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 8:53 AM

There's ANOTHER one coming!? Damn, GROG guess GROG better start coming up with an idea for the Bamboo Ben comic so GROG can bash it out the night before the deadline.

GROG get GROG's copy of Tiki Magazine in the mail yesterday.
Lotsa pretty colors; looks great, Nick. Now if only GROG could read, the magazine would be so much more enjoyable.

Congratulations Nick!

On the baby and issue #5. I can't wait to see it (the mag not the baby).

GROG get GROG's copy of Tiki Magazine in the mail yesterday.
Lotsa pretty colors; looks great, Nick. Now if only GROG could read, the magazine would be so much more enjoyable.

Tarzan read Tiki Mag real fast to GROG. GROG go to sleep, then Tarzan tuck in GROG's girlfriend.......and read real slow to her.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. shhhhhhh, Jane think Tarzan out hunting pig.

TD

when do you mail the ones going to the east coast? haven't got mine yet.

T

On 2006-08-08 14:32, TIKI DAVID wrote:
when do you mail the ones going to the east coast? haven't got mine yet.

Don't feel too bad it takes about 4 weeks to reach Illinois. It'll make it and it's always worth the wait.

R

Whew... it's weird to see that it's hit the UK already while still waiting for mine in Maryland.

I know it'll be worth the wait, but I could've walked to California to pick up a copy and been back by now...

Note to self: should've just bought it at Tiki-Ti whilst on vacation! :)
~Rupe

Got mine and it's fine! actually,it's FINE! Great mag as always and congrats again on the little menehune!

cant wait to get mine!!

Mine made it to Allentown on Monday (14th).

T

Received ours on monday and it's another great issue. Man I wish it was a monthly mag but I know that would be a ton of work.

T

I'm waiting by the mailbox everyday now. I'm starting to get scared. I was thinking that I know that I renewed my subscription but did it get processed correctly. I guess, if someone just got theirs of Monday in Illinois, maybe today is going to be my day.

Celebrating the "Island" lifestyle. It's like it was put together for us.

Ours came in the mail yesterday and Chip hasn't even had a chance to look at it yet, but it kept me entertained for the 2 hours in the doctors waiting room this morning. I was riveted by the story of Bob Esmino. Mr. Berry I cannot wait to see you at Hukilau and talk about this great story.

Mahalo for brightening what would have been a dreadfully boring morning.

Andy

It's an awesome 2-fer day!

I got my Tiki Mag AND my Atomic Ranch mag!

fap fap fap!!!

--sbim

R

Issue #5 arrived in Maryland today! Yay!

Mahalo for another fine tome!

~Rupe

still waiting in sactown!

T

On 2006-08-16 12:46, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
It's an awesome 2-fer day!

I got my Tiki Mag AND my Atomic Ranch mag!

fap fap fap!!!

--sbim

Hey, I got my Atomic Ranch today too!

Nic and Co.

Mag Rocks!

Congrats too! On the new menehune !!

Waht's nexxt??

N

Bamboo Ben,

Thanks. The next issue is featuring a lot of great Tiki events and the cover is being done by featured artist Tiki Tony. Is the Summer moving really fast or is it just me? Ben, any tips on how to get some sleep with two small kids?

Nick

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 17, 2006 9:11 PM

Alcohol.

For them, or for you.

Either way works.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-17 21:22 ]

On 2006-08-17 20:28, nicktiki wrote:
Bamboo Ben,

Thanks. The next issue is featuring a lot of great Tiki events and the cover is being done by featured artist Tiki Tony. Is the Summer moving really fast or is it just me? Ben, any tips on how to get some sleep with two small kids?

Nick

Aloha Nic,

Sounds Coolio!

Can't wait for the next issue. More! More! More!

I bought one at Bamboo2u last week then opened my mailbox and had one there too! Double Trouble!! Score!!

The only advise (kids) I could tell you is that it only gets worse! :wink:

( nap/ nod out whenever you can. meditate! play tag with your wife. give free subscriptions/mags for baby sitting!! get a vasectomy!!

Rock on man!

#5 has arrived!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 4:23 AM

Anyone get their new magazine with TikitOny on the cover? Ususally people say something when you get theirs amd I would think that they started shipping.

T

My copy arrived yesterday, all the way from Americaland over the dangerous shark infested oceans to our little old island here in Britain.

And it's tip top, spanking cover and now featuring a sexy new ad from the UK crowd - Cheekytiki, Pocketiki, Hot Rod Tiki and Tiki Racer.

Lots to read at bedtime.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies