Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

1910 Craftsman Sleeping Porch is now a Tiki Bar!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Although my wife tried to have me committed several times over the last year, I've finally won out. Thought I'd share this project with other tiki-heads.

http://web.mac.com/cochran/iWeb/Site/Tiki%20Bar.html

And now she calls me before she leaves work to make sure there's enough rum for the both of us! I'd be happy to answer any questions about the materials and such.

Best,

Dan

T

welcome to the site. good job on turning the sleeping proch into a tiki bar. it looks great!! i can see why she changed her mind after it being completed. i like the murals, too. stick around, you'll probably get some more ideas from this place.

I love those porches, what a great use for it!
It's looking very cozy.

T

Oh dear God NO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't deface a lovely old Craftsman.....

On the contrary, we didn't do anything to the original structure. The bamboo "roof" and mat siding is simply installed, without any construction adhesives, over the original redwood siding. So if it ever has to come down all the original construction is intact with nothing to do but patch a few screw holes. The mural was hung by a professional wallpaper guy and we just screwed some primed and treated plywood to the siding to provide a flat surface. And with the exception of all the plants, bamboo, plumeria, hibiscus, the bar itself is almost completely invisible from the street. Although we do get the occasional gawker who wants to know if we're open for walk-in business :))

Our sleeping porch is our tiki room, too (although tiki is taking over the bedroom, too...). I love the way cars slow down at night when they drive past our house (I'm all about lighting). Enjoy it!

On 2006-08-01 13:25, dancochran wrote:
Although my wife tried to have me committed several times over the last year, I've finally won out. Thought I'd share this project with other tiki-heads.

http://web.mac.com/cochran/iWeb/Site/Tiki%20Bar.html

Link is gone. :(

Thanks for the heads up....Apple changed their web hosting stuff and I haven't caught up. But it's better than ever and I have new photos.

Check back in a few days!

Dan

Dan, use the "Add Images To Your Post" feature then I pictures will be here to stay.

Pages: 1 8 replies