Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Kahaka Swag Tiki Lamp For Sale

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

Swag tapa lamp up for grabs! 15" in diameter... 21" total including the carved wood sides (the triangle shaped pieces), 12" tall. Bottom wood slats are carved, painted, and stained. Comes wired and ready through 12' of gold chain. PM me if you're interested or have any ?s.

Mahalos!
Kahaka

LAMP SOLD...

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2007-03-13 17:45 ]

I just got my first Kahaka hanging lamp for my tiki hut. It is absolutely fantastic. After seeing pictures of his work, and his actual lamps hanging at the Forbidden Island, I knew one of his creations would be the perfect touch to my backyard tiki hut. I fell in love with the "volcano" shaped lamp, so after a few months, he created one for me too. Here are a couple pictures...

• Myke
T

That looks awesome Myke. Now that you've had that tikihut for a while, how's it holding up?

Yes...more pics of the hut....it looks awesome. :)

Tedtiki,
The hut is holding out very well so far. It's been just a little less than I year since I purchased it and had it assembled. Since then, we have had at least 7 tiki parties / luaus where the hut was used for dining and just hanging out and drinking inside. We have loaded up to 11 adults comfortably inside for drinks and 9 for dinner.

We had a pretty dry winter around here, thus it was cold (for us). I was checking it almost every night just to make sure there were no splitting bamboo pieces. The thatch on the roof is starting to really turn that cool gray color, but is holding out even the heaviest rainfall. Now that the spring weather is upon us here in Sonoma, I can see a few spots of mold or mildew on the bamboo where the inside of the bamboo was exposed to the elements. But this was expected. I plan to bleach it a little, then dab a little stain on it, then spray it with spar varnish to preserve it for next winter. The floorboards, made from bamboo over the mahogany frame, held out fantastically. No splits or breaks at all!

As you can see by the lamp pictures, I am already preparing it for springtime events. The lamp is the prefect size and casts the right amount of light for the best drinking atmosphere.

VampiressRN,
Thanks for your comments! You can read about the hut on my posting on TC from last year, here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18941&forum=12

Also, you can see more pictures of it on my yahoo album, here:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mykecmi/album/576460762327367285
There are lots of other pictures available to be seen on my album, too. So, if you have some time, check them out. Lots of pictures of our vacations to Maui and our backyard renovation.

• Myke
K

Lookin' good Myke, lookin' real good! Watch out, that hut is SHARP!

Pages: 1 5 replies