Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

mogumbu!! shrunken head hanging lamps are back!!!

Pages: 1 16 replies

..Found a new ceramicist to cast these, so after about a three year break from making these, i decided to blow the dust off the molds and do a short run again.......I bring you -Mogumbu!! the world's best shrunken head hanging lamp!!.....It's a cast ceramic hand-painted hanging swag lamp.....comes with about 12 ft of chain, red bulb, in-line switch and hardware (ceiling hooks) for hanging. Only slightly smaller than a real human head (imagine that) and features real twine stitching, plus there are slits cut out of his face, nose, mouth and eyes to let light out....light comes out the bottom of his neck...that's how you change the bulb as well........i'm offering them for $150 (normaly $175) plus shipping to T.C. folks.....I will be selling them on ebay, but wanted to give you folks a shot at them first...let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions..send me your zip code if you would like me to calculate your shipping cost...I accept paypal, money order and personal check....Thanks for looking!!

Mogumbu shrunken head lamp copyright DSK Designs 2001

B

These look a little to real and frreaky for me, I Love it!

thanks again ben!! look closely at the lower left corner of the last pic and you will see the very top of your tiki #12's head!! -i'll post pics of him in his new home later tonight......

..one more thing i forgot to mention...i can customize these lamps to hang over your bar with shorter chain and a canopy for the junction box if you chose to have them hard-wired in......

HC

GROSS and GREAT !

Dave, I have always admired these, please reserve one for me. My Paypal account is currently empty (hey waitaminit, my bank account too!), but I will give myself one for my birthday once I am fluent again.

..no problem!! -thanks!

bump

...said the shrunken head as it bounced on the counter of the shipwreck bar! :)

thanks all for your interest in the lamp as well as your purchases of the lamp....the response has been great but if anyone else wants one of these, get your order in now.......I'm probably going to make these till the mold falls apart, which should be any week now. ...I have a master cast to make a new mold but probably won't do another run anytime soon so i may get 15 more out of this mold or i may get 5.....or 3 more.....it's a crap shoot so if you really are set on one i would contact me a.s.a.p. to secure yourself a lamp. Hopefully I will have some on hand for the chin tiki event in detroit (see other thread) in sept. so if you are going to be out that way and want to save shipping costs let me know and i will deliver it to you at the show....

thanks again!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-08-14 18:48 ]

bumpity bump bump!!

bump

anyone who bought one of these, feel free to post pics of it hanging in your tiki bar...i'd like to see where they ended up....also any comments, thoughts, etc.

hey tipsy! I love this lamp. Ya know, years ago I saw one of your shrunkin head lamps at a store in Santa Monica called "Brat". Dug it then, and still do. I love how the light comes through the face.

here's my lamp. this thing is awesome! my wife and daughter hate it. :D

thanks for the pic!!

L

Are these still available?

Pages: 1 16 replies