Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Kirby's Off to Oklahoma

Pages: 1 10 replies

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 3:20 PM

yep...beside the fact that im totaly affraid to fly.. Im flyin out to norman oaklahoma tommarow for a friends wedding...Is there any tiki out there, how bout tiki people...anyway wish me luck and ill see ya when i get back,If not it was nice knowin you all.(said with nervious laughter,haha)...kirby

D

The Suttles I think is about a 3 hour drive from Norman.

Tiki in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri thread

Freddie Freelance has talked about having some luck finding tiki in the sooner state. Have fun and good luck!

Well, this might calm your fears. You'll be flying at approximately 30,000 feet in the air at a speed of around 600 miles per hour. Don't worry, if the jet crashes....it'll be over in a heartbeat, no pain, just a quick exit out of this world and before you know it you'll be sayin' hello to all your loved ones who passed on before you.

Feel better?

P

I recommend you start drinking heavily.

Well, at least while you are on the plane. It always helps me. I know that if I am ever on a plane that is going to crash, I DON'T want to be sober.

But really, you'll be fine. Get a drink and try to relax. It's only Oklahoma.

T

Take a thorazine, or a couple of Ambiens. They work well. Better living through chemistry, I always say.
(Thorazine may require some help from the flight crew to get you off the plane, however :wink:).

Also, it isn't over in a second. It takes a while to go from 30k feet to auger in at ground level, and everyone on the plane knows about it. It's never a surprise. I've studied the phenonemon in detail professionally.

Geez! What encouragement! Sorry about that.

Really tho - Don't worry about it! Flying is FUN! (Just keep telling yourself that).

If you get into the plane early enuf, tell the flight attendant that you're not a particularly happy camper, and you'd like to look out the front window before take-off. They may let you look around in the cockpit and meet the drivers.

J

Valium ... valium ... valium. For a couple reasons:

1. It will calm you down
  2. It is the best thing to calm the nerve that causes motion sickness. I'm very prone to motion sickness and when I went on a 3-day cruise a few years ago, it was the only thing that made it possible for me to leave my cabin for more than a couple hours at a time.

Also, I've found that wearing one of the tiki pendants you recently created has so far brought me all kinds of good luck. So give that a try too.

Have fun!

JenTiki

Seriously brethren, flying IS safer than driving. There hasn't been a major airline accident in this country since Nov. 2001. Breathe easy.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Aug 10, 2006 2:25 PM

thanks guys Im posting this from the internet portal thingy in the loby of lax as we speak. I got a couple drinks in me and i think everything will be all right ...

H

Good luck Kirby, may the force be with you. I totally understand, I hate to fly also.

hope you have a safe flight. I also don't care to fly. You arre confined hours in a small space with people you have nnevver met before. Oh how air travel has changed. A week before 9-11 I met a guy in the airport bar and we drank a whole botttle of cabo wabo on the plane. I was suppose to show up in New Jersey with 3 bottles of cabo...I arrived with only 2.......ooopsadaisy!

Howdy Kirby...due to a lack of Okie-Tiki, maybe you can enjoy some other local fun? 'Cow-tipping' and 'Couch-Surfing' are as much fun as a bug zapper and a six-pack of Mickey's!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Pages: 1 10 replies