Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

GROG no have luau this year

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 17, 2006 10:35 AM

GROG's sixth annual luau. If you are interested in coming, send GROG a PM with your email and GROG will send you the invitation with the address and directions.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-17 12:58 ]

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-08-24 12:33 ]

WoooHooooo! Another Tiki-rrific Event to mark on the calendar :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-09-01 17:16 ]

Wish I could be there Grog!

P

will grog give wacom lessons?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 19, 2006 10:39 AM

Slacks, wish you could make it also, it's going to be fun.

Pdrake,GROG not have wacom tablet.Grog use mouse.GROG still live in Stoneage. Mac OS 9.2, Photoshop 3.5, no cell phone, GROG drive 1988 Mazda pickup. But, GROG did finally get cable internet a couple of months ago, so GROG no longer on dialup.
Cavemen CAN evolve.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-08-19 11:02 ]

P

mac os 9.2

ooo, i'm soooo sorry. poor grog's finger must hurt from pressing restart button so much.

hehehe, your mouse skills are very nice. it looks like you're doing the stuff in sketch with a wacom. that's my favorite right now.

WOOOOOHOOOOO! 8 More Days :)

Grog...

OK.

I'm kinda over that last cartoon in Tiki Mag you did of me sitting on the throne.

I'm gonna try to make your luau now.

Can I bring Crazy Al for my date ???

p.s. Can the next cartoon be a lil' mo' on da G rated side?

Maybe a lil' Curious George, Lion King-ish???

Whatz a PM??

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 4, 2006 10:28 PM

Yay B-Ben! Glad you and C'Al can make it to the luau, it's going to be alot of fun. GROG has to put Budweiser on the shopping list now.

So, what is it that you want GROG to draw you doing with Lion King and Curious George? Isn't that bestiality? GROG thought you wanted a more tame comic this time.

Yeah, what's a PM? Actually, if you PMed me GROG has to check it from the computer at work.GROG unable to log in with this home computer right now.

See ya at the luau------Arrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

On 2006-09-04 22:28, GROG wrote:
Yay B-Ben! Glad you and C'Al can make it to the luau, it's going to be alot of fun. GROG has to put Budweiser on the shopping list now.

A-rrrrrrrrr-RRRRRRRRRR!!!

So, what is it that you want GROG to draw you doing with Lion King and Curious George? Isn't that bestiality? GROG thought you wanted a more tame comic this time.

A-rrrrrrrrr-RRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Yeah, what's a PM? Actually, if you PMed me GROG has to check it from the computer at work.GROG unable to log in with this home computer right now.

A-rrrrrrrrr-RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

See ya at the luau------Arrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

A-ya-aaaaaaaa-RRRRRRRRRR!!!

Sabu enjoy hanging out with Grog and using Grog's head to open coconuts. Sabu especially enjoy Grog brand of subtle humor and pansophic badinage. Sabu go to Grog Luau and bring plenty dead chickens to feed Grog's crocodiles.

Sabu

H

I had such a swell time at Grog's luau a couple years back... I wish I could join you guys this weekend! Hopefully I'll be able to toss back a grog with Grog soon.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 11:39 PM

Sabu, GROG glad you can make it to GROG's luau. More coconut- busting fun. GROG send you an email invitation.GROG will have to wrestle crocodiles over dead chickens.

Humuhumu, sorry you can't make it, but GROG looking forward to hoisting a grog with you in the future.Suzy,who bartended at the Lucky Tiki is serving as my Drink Goddess, so you can bet GROG will be drinking more than just grog at the luau.

D

Dark Tiki wish to go to Luau too, what should Darkness bring besides pinholes of light in sky, me give offering of magical potato juice

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 7:51 AM

Come to GROG's cave Darktiki and enjoy food, drink and merriment. Hopefully GROG will debut GROG's piece for Tiki and Terrors show. GROG will send you email invitation. GROG intrigued by magical potato juice.There's going to be pork, chicken, grilled veggies,so if you want to bring a sidedish or a dessert that would be welcomed.

R

Grog,

Sounds like a blast, sorry I can't fly out for the fun. I am sure SoccerTiki and Woohoo will take up the slack for me. Some of the east coast Ohana are coming to Allentown for the christening of my new tikiroom anyway. If I had a webcam we could make it a bi-costal tiki party, too bad I'm tech challenged. You kids have fun and don't tease the crocs!

RugbyMatt

B

Grog, sorry I can't come too. I will be there in spirit and I'll make some sawdust for ya'.
Y'all have FUN!

D

Dark Tiki love to come then, me hope to see cave drawings too

SoccerTiki and I are going to bring a batch of my Famous MacWooHooSalad :)

H

I will be bringing some blood sausages....yummmmmmy....:P

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 5:09 PM

Rubymat, have fun at your Tiki party. We'll all be drinking some nice Rum drinks that night.

Benzart, sorry you cant make it, but GROG look forward to seeing you at the West Coast Chop Chop.

GROG look forward to trying out the Macwoohoo Salad and blood sausages, as long as none of the ingredients are Soylent Green.

Darktiki, GROG decided to forego the cave drawings and try a different medium. GROG hope you don't mind a sculpture made out of mammoth dung.

It's gonna be a fun one---see ya'll there.

WoooHoooo! 1 more day :)

Yay Ernie!

I am SO EXCITED about tomorrow's luau!
I am honored you have chosen me as your drink goddess this year! : )
Along with the traditional tiki favorites, I've definitely got a few surprises up me sleeve (or in my shaker, more like it!)
Tell GROG I will set up his rum barrel in the corner by the pool table.
This should be a FUN NIGHT!
Thanks for inviting all these crazy tiki fans and TC'ers into your home.
See you all there!

-Suzy

H

Grog, Hilboo does not know what blood sausage is, she just likes the sound of it.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 9, 2006 7:56 AM

Well, whatever it is, we'll feed it to the crocs. They'll eat it.

H

I will bring something that is ethnically inclined, being from the deserts of the Far East and all.

GROG LUAU GOOD!!!!

p.s. ( hit button too soon)

Fun chattin wit everyone :)

Who the heck brought that Anti Freeze looking stuff?!?

Serious Doh!!!

Mahaloooooz Mr. Grog!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 10, 2006 7:15 PM

Thanks everybody who came to the luau. GROG hope everybody enjoyed themselves. GROG still cleaning up. GROG pooped.

H

Grog thanks for a great party, great food, drinks and entertainment. Hope everyone enjoyed the blood sausages, I made them myself. Grog, I knew you would be too pooped to pop today.

T

Ernie , I just wanted tho say thanks for all your hospitality and introducing me to all your guests. I had a great time and my son loved the pics of Homer that you showed me .The entertainment was fantastic too . If they hadnt made us do those tribal dances I would never have known how well Soccertiki could shake his ass.( oh my god , did I just put that in print ? ).Anyway thanks again , Tiki-Ray

Gorg,
Bigtikidude very sorry to miss Grog's Party.
Bigtikidude have invite to 3 party's and 1 surf show to choose from.
Bigtikidude very torn on what to do, where to go.
Hope party was good time, hope to see Grog soon at tiki event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 2:25 PM

Grogs party sucked...Kirbys head still hurts from all suzys tasty drinks...

Hey Kirby I thought you were a beer man, what gives?
I could have really gone for some tasty tropical drinks, but had to settle with Corona, and Newcastle at the B-day Party I was at, My head hurt the day after too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

grog,

sounds like your party was a hit. I had my parents in town for my son's 1st birthday. I was busy entertaining them and almost had em talked into coming along - but they were too tired by Saturday night. Looking forward to Grog's 3rd annual Luau.......

michael g

did I just type 3rd annual luau....let's not go back in time now....what I meant to say was I will be at your 7th annual luau.....

mg

Hey Kirby-

Do not blame the Drink Goddess!
Hers is to dispense the glowing golden elixir that makes the mortals dance and sing!
She is all powerful and bends not to the will of men!

-The Drink Goddess : )

T

GROG
One must see pictures of how the left coast does party !!!!

Yeah lets see some pictures! A cave drawing at the very least.
Chongolio

P.S. Chongolio wish he could go to Grog's Luau for fun, drinks and poke kirby with stick

Grog ~ Mucho Mahalo for throwing such a Tiki-rrific Luau. WOOOOOHOOOOOO! What a Party! Great Food, Tasty Drinks, Awesome Entertainment, and Fun TCers. I will post my pics soon. :)

On 2006-09-11 19:11, Chongolio wrote:
Yeah lets see some pictures! A cave drawing at the very least.
Chongolio

P.S. Chongolio wish he could go to Grog's Luau for fun, drinks and poke kirby with stick

Speaking of Kirby, He bummed a smoke from me and I got a necklace off his neck! I offered him the whole pack but he was "not to be smoking". Then!!! Mrs. Kirby catches him smoking with I. Doh!!!! He got it and I scored a necklace and my smokes too! But it was super fun chatting with everyone and throwing cheetos into selected TCers drinks from the kitchen!! I was glued to my chair but next time
( with a lil' rest), I'll be glued to the Jacuzzi!!!! The perfect spot to see the show and nobody in it!!!

Grog Luau very good!!!!

Driving through Tujunga we see a sign

Are we going the right way?

Could this be Grog's place?

SoccerTiki finds the bar

AtomiKitty's drinks put a :) on everyones face

The entertainment begins

Everybody Hulas

Crazy Al shows hs version of the hula

The King takes the stage with the help of Dr. Z

The King's Groupies: Maya & Marsten

More Fans

At Midnight AtomiKitty turned into a Robot. Is that Grog too??

We left with Smiles on our faces

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-09-13 10:49 ]

GREAT PICTURES WOOHOO!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING!

It was great chatting with you and soccertiki and mixing you yummy drinks. Thanks for being 'adventurous' and trying the Pink Zombie and the King of Kingston. I was getting tired of making all those blended Pina Colodas!

Uh oh. Photo evidence of me and Ernie turning into robots at the strike of twelve. . .now, sadly, you must be eliminated. . .

Just kidding! Thanks for making the Luau a blast! Woo Hoo!

Are you going to make it out to the Tiki's and Terrors show this Sat. at Bahookas? Should be a another great night.

See ya soon!

-Atomikitty

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 6:20 PM

Thanks for posting pics Woohoo, I haven't seen anybody elses pics yet. The guy who the hula dancers dressed as "the Çhief" was wondering if anybody got pictures of him. His memory card was filled by that time, and so didn't get anybody to takes photos for him. So, if you have any pics, can you email them to me so I can forward them to him? If GROG gets more photos from other people who came to the luau, GROG will post some more.

Thanks Kirby and Tiki-Ray for bringing some tikis to help decorate the backyard. GROG's backyard had 8 Kirby tikis spread around and two Tiki-Ray tikis over by the entertainers.

Kirbs, sorry you didn't feel too well the next day after the party, GROG guess GROG shouldn't have had Suzy The Drink Goddess put radiator fluid in your drinks.

Chongolio, you didn't miss out on much, GROG poked Kirby with a stick for little while, it wasn't that fun.He was so drunk, he didn't hardly respond.

The Drink Goddess was TOTALLY AWESOME! Not only did she serve drinks all night until 3AM, she also got out and danced the Robot, showed off her mad hulahoop skills, and had a great smile the whole night. All hail the Drink Goddess!

GROG still cleaning up. Sheesh. What a bash. Well, a bit of GROG's time is preparing for the Tikis and Terrors show. GROG showed several people at the luau the piece GROG is doing with GROG's buddy, John. Check it out over on the Tikis and Terrors thread if you haven't already seen it.

Mahalo everybody who came and also for bringing food, tikis, good company, and etc.. Looking forward to next years luau.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-09-13 18:21 ]

In a nutshell -- awesome!

Grog's Luau 2007

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-09-19 21:38 ]

FINE I get it, I need to lose some weight!! :)

On 2007-09-19 21:37, Bora Boris wrote:
FINE I get it, I need to lose some weight!! :)

You!???
I thought they were talkin' to me! & a hula hoop to boot!

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies