Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

GROG no have luau this year

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 24, 2008 12:32 PM

Sorry, but it doesn't look like GROG going to have GROG' annual luau this year. The writer's strike plus the actors in contract negations caused GROG to have 4 and half months of unemployment this year, so the old bank account says we should forgo the luau this year. And GROG was really looking forward to everybody seeing how GROG decorate GROG' tiki room this year.

R

D: BUT WHERE SHALL I GET MY TACKY LUAU THIS YEAR?!

:cry:

Then, can we use your house for a tiki potluck? We wouldn't have to hire fancy dancers, we'll just amuse ourselves at the expense of one another. If Grog want to attend, he can bring a side dish.

No need for Hula Girls :SoccerTiki and Hinano_Paul will dance for Mai Tai's :)

I agree. If GROG want to have luau, GROG friends can make it happen.

Let's see what can happen with the sprirt of ALOHA!

I will volenteer for one bartending shift, bring a bottle of decent rum, and some limes and pineapple juice. :)

Okay. . .who's next?. . . .

(Looks like we might have to just override GROG on this whole silly 'not gonna have a luau' thingy)

That's what I'm talkin' about! Miss Atomikitty, I too would like to bring some hooch. Some spinach dip might be in order as well. And some dollar bills for renegade and under-rehearsed hula men.

On 2008-08-24 13:37, atomikitty wrote:
I agree. If GROG want to have luau, GROG friends can make it happen.

Let's see what can happen with the sprirt of ALOHA!

I will volenteer for one bartending shift, bring a bottle of decent rum, and some limes and pineapple juice. :)

Okay. . .who's next?. . . .

(Depending on the date)
This underworked carpenter, (it's tough everywhere) will bring some Sabu's Spicy Coconut Chicken Skewers (of course I'll bow to the Master...) and either Chicken Long Rice or Thai Pineapple Fried Rice.

Besides, to see these smiles is worth the price of admission

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-08-24 14:03 ]

TT

Hey Grog, great to hear your Luau is back on...

On 2008-08-24 14:02, Tiki Trav wrote:
Hey Grog, great to hear your Luau is back on...

(I wonder if he knows it yet...?)

In WooHoos pics from last year I see drums. It appears that neighbors of Grog have high tolerance for sonic intrusions of a musical nature. Perhaps we can have our own primitive (drunken? inept?) drum circle.

What Grog's address again? The BevMo delivery guy want to know...

when???

I could do a guest bartending shift.. and bring the ingredients for 50 or so Monkeypods...

its all about timing for me.. this is a busy time of year for da monkeyman

T

I'll provide the savage bongo rhythms.

On 2008-08-10 13:47, GROG wrote:

SoccerTiki has be practicing his Fire Act too!!

I think that GROG has done so much to help others on T.C. and the TIKI community it is the least we can do to throw down some donations of food ,entertainment and Drinks in his honor !!
If Grog want party lets have the party !!
Count us in for a round or two of my favorite fruity Rum drink, I'll even bring my own blender and giant straws and a wonderful veggie main dish .

JB

I'll bring rum, limes and a ukulele.

Savage bongos, ukulele, rum, fire - Yay!

H

Cheekygirl, and myself will be hula dancers and entertain you the entire evening. 8)

I can bring good food, sweets, etc.

I can provide the or a Fire Dance

[ Edited by: tyger jymmy 2008-08-24 20:10 ]

R

I am totally down for cookin up some yummo food and sweets!

Now the question is...Will Grog go for it? :lol:

TT

On 2008-08-24 20:11, ravenne wrote:
I am totally down for cookin up some yummo food and sweets!

Now the question is...Will Grog go for it? :lol:

Too late for that.. It's on! Now someone set a date and time!

I wholeheartedly concur! A POTLUCK luau is a splendid idea... but ONLY if Grog is up for that. Grog has done SO MUCH for the Tiki Central Ohana...what with all the Tonga Hut shows, etc. etc...

The writers' strike hit the "Kari Hale" hard too, this year. Nasty stuff. Luckily I'm back at work now, but still... What say you, Grog? Otherwise, you better join me at Damon's soon. My treat.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 24, 2008 9:42 PM

dude grog you cheap bastard... Ill bring a bag of funions, Lets have a party...the small bag though, im kinda broke myself...kirby

I can ask a surf band to donate a set if Grog want?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Grog?

Grog?

Grog?

I will do a set behind the bar for the old caveman. I have seen Grog's bar. It would be a pleasure to work behind it.

Grog & friends welcome at Rincon Room......not cost too much....

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 24, 2008 11:25 PM

You people are crazy. GROG ponder on it.

Meanwhile, by all means go to Bongofury's Rincon Room Aug.30. That's where GROG planning to be next weekend.

Ernie if you do have the Luau I will make up dish or two bring rum for the bar.

[ Edited by: Tiki Teach 2012-02-01 17:56 ]

Is this guy going to be there?

I could bring snacks if I'm off the list?

Yup, Grog, if you decide to have it -- I'll do a bartending shift and bring the fixing to brew up Mai Tais and Trader Vic grog. I've got a tree full of lemons and some tuna pasta salad :)

HIpHIPaHulA! I Mean HiPHipHoRraY! Please Grog!!! I'll bring a 10 lb. tub of shrimp & a couple bottles of Rum, ice ...whatever ya need...
"GeeZ Grog"

T

C'mon Grog , answer up . I still have light up leis and ice cubes from tiki oasis and I make some badass Polynesian pork ribs and a killer suprise from Tiki Kinniki . This girl is a wiz in the kitchen . Maybe we should just show up unannounced with grocery bags . I happen to wear a size 13 key to his front door .

I am sort of in same leaky boat as GROG but if I don't have work I would love to come to GROG's for the first time. I might even rustle up some Miehanas or something.

On 2008-08-26 18:34, TIKI-RAY wrote:
I happen to wear a size 13 key to his front door .

Nice.

DZ

Sooooo...? Luau or no Luau?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2008 12:07 AM

GROG was going to flip a coin to decide, but the damned thing is too heavy. So, in the meantime GROG still pondering.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-09-04 00:08 ]

I think grog might be "pinching the penny" ahhhh kidding. I will up my 10 lbs. of shrimp to ummmm....More! & some rum... COME ON GROG! "We want a luau"

"pot-luck" is awesome! but how 'bout some $$$$ to help Grog pay for table/chair rentals, entertainment (hula troupe) and main course stuff (bbq ribs, kalua pork) and volunteers for clean-up duty?

F

On 2008-09-04 09:17, Daves Not Home wrote:
"pot-luck" is awesome! but how 'bout some $$$$ to help Grog pay for table/chair rentals, entertainment (hula troupe) and main course stuff (bbq ribs, kalua pork) and volunteers for clean-up duty?

Yes, to help clean. Yes to contribute for main course. Let the fuss end there. Don't need no fancy hula troupe, seen 'em before. Bring your own folding chair. Sorry to have foisted the whole idea upon Grog, now Grog is put on spot. Is okay to just say "nay"!

Grog just say the word! I'll have WooHooWahine make her pineapple upside-down cake again...As I remember it went fast last time! I'll help with the clean up...You know, the BBQ, the desserts, the RUM!!!

On 2008-09-04 16:46, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'll have WooHooWahine make her pineapple upside-down cake again...As I remember it went fast last time!

This time you gotta let us have some!!!

O

I can make Mai Tais or maybe Grogs?
Then again there was something strange in those Grogs that got Phil and Richard
in trouble. Yeah, better off with Mai Tais.

Quick! Get Grog to say yes while he too drunk to notice...

G
GROG posted on Fri, Sep 12, 2008 10:20 AM

Didn't get drunk. School night.

R

On 2008-09-12 10:20, GROG wrote:

That never stops me!

On 2008-09-12 10:20, GROG wrote:

I'm glad to see that you are still pursuing your education and that you are only drunk when you are at school!!

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies