Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mc Donalds Hawaii?

Pages: 1 12 replies

Much as McDonalds isn't my thing, it is an Aloha shirt and it does seem to sport the McDonalds arched 'M' although not in Gold, does anyone have any info for me?

HOK

If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the patterns used for the McDonalds work shirts in Hawaii...Aloha :tiki: HOKU

V

that's a great shirt cheeky... looks cool

C

Maybe at this McDonald's?

(sorry that last one is blurry - the only shot I got of the inside!)

Beautiful shirt! McDonalds or not, that's a keeper.
An if you don't want it, I'll give it a good home!

Thanks for the info anybody know its age.
Tikiwahine just to let you know it was bought in Canada for me by a freind in Toronto who deals in vintage clothing.

Oh really! How cool! That type of bright tapa design is one of my favorites, so cheerful! And it's hard to find good vintage orange shirts. He/she must have a fantastic collection!

cheeky, doing a quick search I came across this one:

notice the 'Hawaii 71' under the logo
http://www.thehanashirtco.com/?p=view_product&product_id=243

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-30 11:48 ]

V

Aloha all -

I actually remember employees at McDonald's wearing aloha style shirts way back when I was a keiki. Great shots of the Laie McDonald's - I was gonna post some shots of it but you beat me to it!

VanTiki

T

Has anyone ever eaten at the McDonalds in Hawaii? They're totally excellent. Mmmmm, McTeri. When my wife and I were there last, we had just gotten into Honolulu airport, we were starved for lunch and on our way to Waikiki, we drove by a McDonalds. And they had teriyaki chicken sandwiches and all sorts of great stuff. That had to be the best teriyaki chicken sandwich ever.
Seeing the shirt just totally reminded me of that experience. Awesome shirt by the way! What a find!

• TikiJosh wrote:*
    Has anyone ever eaten at the McDonalds in Hawaii? They're totally excellent....

The Hawaiian Island McD's also is the only place you can get Hot Taro Pies (alternative to the "Hot Apple Pies" they sell). They are awesome...and addicting!

On 2006-08-26 21:55, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
The Hawaiian Island McD's also is the only place you can get Hot Taro Pies (alternative to the "Hot Apple Pies" they sell). They are awesome...and addicting!

I'm going to have to try one of those when the Missus and I go in October! Thanks for the info!

We also loved the "Traditional Hawaiian" style breakfast they serve...SPAM, rice, eggs and pineapple!!

I sure wish I could get a meal like that on the mainland McDonald's!

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM and SPAM!!! That's the way the Doctor orders it!

Dem's good eats! Long Pork!

"Dining with cannibals is always finger licking good!"
Dr.TikiMojo

Pages: 1 12 replies