http://www.tikisandterrors.com

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2006-10-26 03:27 ]

D

Hey Everybody,
just a quick reminder

The Tikis and Terrors Safari Company presents:
The Spooky Luau Group Art Show
(a continuation, with new additions of the
Tikis and Terrors II: the 2006 Lost Expedition)

Idols, Artifacts, Curios and Oddities
collected and catalogued by surviving expedition members

Kirsten Easthope, Derek Yaniger, Crazy Al, Squid, Kalynn Cambell, Tom "THOR" Thordarson, Sam Gambino, David Lozeau,
Steven "Tiki Racer" Foote, Mark Swanson, Tiki Tony, Ernie Keen, D.W. Frydendall, Johnny "Pinstriper" Steur, Susannah Mosher, Dispikable Pirates, Eric Zerkel, Ken Ruzic, Adriana Galvez, Joe Vitale, Dave Burke, Dave Silva, Tiki King, The Pizz, Gris Grimly, Tiki-Ray, Kirby, Louis Hansell, Mike Sosnowski, Scott Tolleson, Brad Parker "TikiShark"...and more...

Exhibition and Reception
Saturday, October 7th, 2006
at Enchanted Deva's Last Wish Revenge N' Treasures
5050 Vineland Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91601
http://www.myspace.com/EnchantedDevas
6p.m. - 12 a.m.

It just kills me that I can't make this art show. What an amazing group of artists- sheesh.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 2, 2006 6:59 PM

GROG now have pictures of the polished FRANKENMOAI that John Keith and I did for Tikis and Terrors show. We'll have it in the Spooky Luau show this Saturday as well, so if you missed seeing it then, and all the other artist's super-talented stuff, drop by on Saturday if you're not in Florida.

Thanks to Mary Measures of Mayzure Photography for the nice pictures of the FRANKENMOAI.

Designed by Ernie Keen and skilfully machined by John Keith.
Polished Billet Aluminum, 8 inches tall, plus a one inch plastic base (also made by my buddy John Keith) 6 pounds without the base.

Polished and unpolished.

Profile.

This is still an unfinished piece. It's got one more pass through the CNC machine to add the hair on the back of the head. There are a total of three pieces made. The first two are prototype/artist proofs for John and I and the third one
will be for sale. John is going to sandblast his, this polished one is mine, and final one still needs to be polished once it's hair has been machined on the backside of it's head. John and GROG hope you enjoy our handiwork.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-10-02 19:02 ]

Grog,
That little shiney guy looked soooooooo cool at the T&T2 Show! It will be an honor to show amongst such a clan of distinguished arteests again! Hey Grog! Are you car-pooling with Rufus? I'll bring the carrots! See y'all on Saturday! Here's a new piece I'll be adding to the work you already saw at T&T2!

Three cheers to Darktiki for busting out some great art shows!
Kudos and Mahalos!

Grog - wow that Frankenmoai looks great! I'd love to see pic of the sandblasted one also. LLT - the round canvas came out great! Thanks Darktiki for such cool themed shows!
Tiki Shark~

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 2, 2006 11:14 PM

Thank you guys. GROG looking forward to seeing you and your fabulous artwork at the show.

C

Can't wait to see all the great art again....ken, better keep an eye on that sweet long board as I'm going to find a way to fit it in my pocket and not be noticed!!!!

see you all at the show!!

Hey Clysdalle!
Is that my longboard in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :)
Make sure to introduce yourself at the show...twice, as I have major short-term memory loss! Hey! Why don't we all wear nametags?

C

On 2006-10-03 09:04, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Clysdalle!
Is that my longboard in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :)
Make sure to introduce yourself at the show...twice, as I have major short-term memory loss! Hey! Why don't we all wear nametags?

hahahaha....i'll be the really big guy, shaved head and nerdy specs.....and the massive trouser trout shaped like a 9 foot longboard....

show intros for sure!!

unique. design. concepts.
http://www.dlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2006-10-03 09:35 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 5, 2006 8:58 AM

You better paint faster Tiki Shark if you want to get your latest painting into this show.

Yeah! Quick, where's that spray can...

B

Grog, that tiki is Unbelievably Cool. I Didn't know you had it in ya'.

M

Grog needs to make frankenmoai Mug! Awesome milling.

McTiki

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-10-05 11:19 ]

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-10-05 11:20 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 5, 2006 12:13 PM

Thanks Benz and McTiki. GROG just did the design and the 3D mock-up out of foamcore. John Keith did the awesome milling, and it turned out great!

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Oct 5, 2006 3:49 PM

Holy Flat-top, that thing looks awe-mazing. Did you make 1 or 200?

Who the heck is Ernie Keen???

T

If you watch the show " I love the 70's " , Ernie was a famous robot dancer on the Gong Show !

Wasn't that Gene Gene, the dancing Machine?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 5, 2006 6:59 PM

Glad you like it Cammo. It looks even better in person.

Ernie was one of the kids from MY THREE SONS.

Ernie Keen is the hack artist who does the Bamboo Ben comic
for Tiki Magazine.

WOOOOHOOO! SoccerTiki and I are looking forward to seeing some of the things we missed and the Tiki & Terror Show. :)

GROG lie!
Gene Gene-the Dancing Machine do Bamboo Ben comic! :lol:
GROG should only make 1,000 FrankenMoais.Good Round Number!

D
DJLee posted on Fri, Oct 6, 2006 2:34 PM

One copy of each Heather Watts'"Offerings" and "Insert Coin" prints will be for sale at the show on Saturday. These paintings are in the Tiki Art Now 3 show, both have sold.

See you there!

Exhibition and Reception
Saturday, October 7th, 2006
(LA’s only dedicated Pirate store!)
5050 Vineland Avenue
6p.m. - 12 a.m.

The Spooky Luau Group Art Show

Signed numbered edition giclee prints of artist Heather Watts’ paintings Insert Coin" and Offerings” will be for sale at this show along with works by Kirsten Easthope, Derek Yaniger, Crazy Al, Squid, Kalynn Cambell, Tom "THOR" Thordarson, Sam Gambino, David Lozeau, Steven "Tiki Racer" Foote, Mark Swanson, Tiki Tony, Ernie Keen, D.W. Frydendall, Johnny "Pinstriper" Steur, Susannah Mosher, Dispikable Pirates, Eric Zerkel, Ken Ruzic, Adriana Galvez, Joe Vitale, Dave Burke, Dave Silva, Tiki King, The Pizz, Gris Grimly, Tiki-Ray, Kirby, Louis Hansell, Mike Sosnowski, Scott Tolleson, Brad Parker "TikiShark"...and more...

[ Edited by: DJLee 2006-10-06 14:35 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 7, 2006 3:47 PM

See ya'll tonight.

GROG

ernie, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful and different.......I am blown away by how amazing that is...

Amy

WOOOHOOO!! Revenge is a Must See Extraordinary Pirate Shop.

It was great meeting everyone! Squid, Mrs. Squid, Sam, Ken, Kirby, Grog, Dark Tiki, Dark Tiki's Mom, and everyone else whos name I forgot, all the folks who showed up - Teri, Scott, Vic, Kev, Doc Skinner, Eric, and my best buddy the Pakistani Prince. Plus thanks to the fine wenches running the REVENGE! Pirate Store! ARRRRRHH!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 8, 2006 11:09 AM

On 2006-10-07 18:05, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
ernie, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful and different.......I am blown away by how amazing that is...

Amy

Thanks Amy.
GROG can bring it to your party if you'd like to see it in person.

Thanks Christian and Revenge Treasures(awesome store!) for having the Spooky Luau show. You've managed to get a great bunch of extremely talented, super-nice artists together for this show.Plus Kirby.And thank you to the people who came out to see the show.

Brad, GROG REALLY looking forward to seeing your show in November.It was good you hung the glowing shark painting up high.GROG could barely see the numbers in the areas where you
didn't get your paint completely opaque.

GROG really enjoyed hanging with the artists, plus Kirby, and seeing your awesome work. It's very inspiring stuff. Makes GROG want to paint, and GROG extremely lazy
artist. Maybe if GROG watch TV awhile the feeling will go away. Ken, you are a machine.GROG not know how you do it.
GROG can't beleieve how reasonable you guys have your stuff priced.GROG tempted to buy one of each from everybody, and GROG is cheap bastard, as Kirby will attest.

GROG will have to see if GROG can get GROG's lazy ass going and crank out a pirate drawing for Christian's coloring book.

Awesome stuff you guys!

GROG

Hey Gang!
Fun Show-Amazing Talent and Brain Pool! Mahalos Christian and Crystal and your mom and everyone who participated,the artists,the store staff, and the attendees.I'd like to thank the Academy....blah!blah! Well here's some pictures of some of the amazing art and hijinx that night...

The Show will be up until the 21st (i think!) so give the place a visit!
It'll Swash yer buckles!

That was a fun show!!...It was great to finally meet Squid and family and see Kirby, Ernie, LLT and Dark Tiki again. Along with the great art there is some really cool pirate swag...

Aloha!
Went to the Enchanted Devas myspace and found this special photo from the Spooky Luau. I will post it without permission,so I hope Woohoo isn't angry with me! Here's a shot for the ages...
Darktiki/Squid/Little Lost Tiki/and I'm not sure how GROG got in the picture, but that's him!
That "thumbs up" is CLASSIC!

Please Feel Free to remove our heads and photoshop them on animal bodies or something!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-10-11 09:35 ]

On 2006-10-11 08:58, little lost tiki wrote:
Aloha!
Went to the Enchanted Devas myspace and found this special photo from the Spooky Luau. I will post it without permission,so I hope Crystal isn't angry with me! Here's a shot for the ages...
Darktiki/Squid/Little Lost Tiki/and I'm not sure how GROG got in the picture, but that's him!
That "thumbs up" is CLASSIC!

Feel free to remove our heads and photoshop them on animal bodies or something!

WOOOOHOOO! That's my photo. I sent it to Enchanted Deva but forgot to post it on here with the others. OOOOPS!!! :)

D

The Spooky Luau Group Art Show Closing Party Friday Oct 27th

Hey Everybody,
just a quick reminder

The Spooky Luau Group Art Show Closing

Kirsten Easthope, Derek Yaniger, Squid, Kalynn Cambell, Tom "THOR" Thordarson, Sam Gambino, David Lozeau, Heather Watts,
Steven "Tiki Racer" Foote, Dave K., D.W. Frydendall, Johnny "Pinstriper" Steur, Susannah Mosher, Kirby, Dispikable Pirates, Joe Vitale, Dave Burke, The Pizz, Gris Grimly, Kirby, Mike Sosnowski, Brad Parker "TikiShark"...and more...

Exhibition Closing and Reception
Friday, October 27th, 2006
5050 Vineland Avenue
6 p.m. - 10 p.m.

--
Christian Simpson
http://www.a-stuart-gallery.com
http://www.tikisandterrors.com

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2006-10-26 02:51 ]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2006-10-26 02:55 ]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2006-10-26 03:24 ]

[ Edited by: darktiki 2006-10-26 10:09 ]

D

I apologize for my lateness on this posting and there had to be a few edits in my last posting, it is now corrected. There are still some very important artists from the community in the show and their works need to be seen and appreciated before they are gone, so those of you who made or did not make the Spooky Luau opening or Tiki's and Terrors II, this is your last chance to see their works from the show.

Sincerely,
Christian A.K.A. (Dark Tiki)

Pages: 1 32 replies