Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

There is no Andy Landry. This reads like the Enquirer.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 286 replies

On 2006-09-26 12:02, TikiJosh wrote:
I'll take a sour turnip! Does that come in a souvenir tiki mug that's shaped like a turnip?

No, it's carved from a Turnip. And you have to carve it yourself, with a dull knife with a cracked handle.

I'm waiting for the Sour Pumpkin Bowl (for 2). Mmmm, Punkiney goodness!

CL

Arggg, just when I thought I was done with this gosh derned thread, Chongo puullls me back in. :D

Okay, I met Wendy at the SuperSale. She's a very nice lady who was very sincere in her intent to help. She seemed legitimately upset about the results of this situation....very upset about it actually.

She's very sweet and open and even showed me pictures of Dan's Tiki rooms. Did you know that she creates ceramic Tiki bowls? Pretty good too in my opinion. Jeez, this goes down in the book of TC legends...but don't beat the poor woman up, she's already beating herself up.

Initially many of us bought into this because people we knew and trusted bought into it. We can each beat ourselves up, but what would that accomplish? And my contribution to this situation...? I sent some good wishes to a kid who I thought existed. Then I got angry and then moved on.

I prefer not to milk a sour turnip...unless it comes flaming in a Forbidden Island bowl! :wink: Hey Martin, NEW Seasonal Drink idea...maybe you can call it the Razzin Milkin Turnip and serve it in the Fall! Turnips are a Fall vegetable, right?

On 2006-09-26 08:43, Chongolio wrote:
Wendy, I am glad to have met you this past weekend. Thanks for coming up an introducing yourselves to me. You are a very nice lady with a heart of gold. There is nothing warped about changing your post titles and linking to other relative posts. Yes there is a connection to the FI sale because the Andy Landry incident was a very hot topic and it was your chance to meet some fthe people who you have been coresponding with over the past few weeks. Don't let any of these salty barnacles and their bitter posts get under your skin and get you down.

Unga- Dude you need to get to Hukilau fast. I think you missing out on all the fun over the last few weeks has made you the sour turnip. :D You know I jest but simmer down and rest assured that your cocktails are waiting for you.

Hewey and Bullet- I agree with you %100. If the haters don't like what they are reading then bug out. Posting negative and sarcastic replies are doing nothing constructive.

I think this thread is far from dead! What were the motives behind Barbara's elaborate scam? Was this really all Coco Loco's fault :wink:, Will the word andylandried be asorbed into our volcabulary as the word to express being taken advantage of and the root of anti-zazz? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

First a note to Unga Bunga: I only changed the name one time when tikiwahine and dogbytes asked me to. They thought more people might not read far enough into the thread to know how it played out. I didn't change it to hook people but to make it sound like something not worth reading - the Enquirer. I also added a note at the top of the first message that shows it was a scam.

Also I thought about what you wrote and could see how you feel so I guess you no longer want an Andy Landry mug. I think that this will come to an end it's just not yet the time. Reason Being that Barbara emailed me last night for the first time since she "took Andy to see his grandmother".

So Barbara I'm betting that you are still reading these. I do not plan on responding to your email in a personal way because you are still not telling the truth. Maybe you haven't read everyone of these posts to know that no one believes anything you say including me. We know there is no Andy and no dead soldier husband. The Andy photos were copyrighted and found on line and identified as someone else. We know that you are not renting and giving up the house to stay with your mother.

Most of all Barbara we know that there was a time when you could have just come clean, told the truth and asked to be forgiven. That time has passed.

I don't want back anything that I sent to you, every time you see one of the items I want you to remember how you hurt so many people. How you let them all down. I feel that you should return everyone else's boxes. Including the necklace that Benzart sent to you and the box from Gekco (Mike Sourelli) of Ewa Beach, Hawaii. Hewey and others also put a lot of effort into the gifts. You should put a lot of effort in returning them and include an apology too.

Make this right. I don't want you on my mind every day we all want this to be over. Wendy

To all my new and old friends thank you so much for sticking up for me it was very much appreciated.

Holy soap opera, I'm addicted to this thread. It's become like a car wreck in my life - I know I should keep driving, but I can't keep my eyes off of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2006-09-26 18:05 ]

T

On 2006-09-26 18:04, jpmartdog wrote:
Holy soap opera, I'm addicted to this thread. It's become like a car wreck in my life - I know I should keep driving, but I can't keep my eyes off of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Me too - I think it's safe to say that is better than America's Top Model at this point!

I to have been duped in the past with much less noble causes than this "scam" because I to am a Kind, Trusting and Honest Person!
All I see are an incredible group of people I am PROUD TO CALL MY FRIENDS AND OHANA!!! :) :wink:
There is NO shame in that!!

As I read through this link it plays out like the Hallmark Sunday Night Special, "Tiki Sub-Culture rush to aid child with cancer and widow only to be duped by a wealthy Texan named Earle!"

Should we end this link? The Doctor says, NO! I want to see how this soap opera plays out!
Does "Earle" get away with $1000's in Tiki treasures?
Is the child for real?
Does the first volcano in 350,000 years pop up under a house in Texas belonging to "Earle" consuming this villain and....the Bush Compound!?

This whole situation has made me realize that I need to be MORE giving! I agree with the posts that said we, TC Ohana, should do a "Tiki for Tots" type benefit or the like....not only because the good this obviously selfless group of people could do but for the attention that we could draw to the entire Tiki sub-culture to ensure that fewer vintage Tiki locals close down and to perserve the Tiki way of life for future generations! :wink:

Come on people let's make something positive out of this negative ....then later we'll send Tonya Harding out to Texas with a Steel Pipe while we all sit back and laugh over a few hardy Rum drinks!

Mahalo my TC Ohana for your kindness to strangers!

Oh, yea and a little P.S. here....I'm pretty sure if anyone happens to see the items they sent or knows were sent on ebay you can contact ebay and report the items as "stolen" and they will be kicked off ebay!
Doesn't mean they can sell or profit by them another way but it would make it harder.

Other than that....let it go! Do something positive with all the energy and momentum this has generated! :wink:

"The kindest Cannibal devourers the Savage Heart!"
Dr.TikiMojo

T

On 2006-09-26 17:52, danlovestikis wrote:
I think that this will come to an end it's just not yet the time. Reason Being that Barbara emailed me last night for the first time since she "took Andy to see his grandmother".

She e-mailed you again? Can you post it? I can't believe this thread, it is like a train wreck.

CL

I'm curious too. Morbidly curious, as in covering my eyes and squinting through my fingers at a horror movie...

On 2006-09-27 09:37, TikiJosh wrote:

On 2006-09-26 17:52, danlovestikis wrote:
I think that this will come to an end it's just not yet the time. Reason Being that Barbara emailed me last night for the first time since she "took Andy to see his grandmother".

She e-mailed you again? Can you post it? I can't believe this thread, it is like a train wreck.

On 2006-09-27 09:44, Coco Loco wrote:
I'm curious too. Morbidly curious, as in covering my eyes and squinting through my fingers at a horror movie...

On 2006-09-27 10:55, TikiJosh wrote:

does SHE need tikis?

Only if the Scottish Clown doctors are treating her. :wink:

On 2006-09-27 11:00, Johnny Dollar wrote:

On 2006-09-27 10:55, TikiJosh wrote:

does SHE need tikis?

S

Move along. Nothing to see here folks. Just move along.

On 2006-09-27 11:00, Johnny Dollar wrote:
does SHE need tikis?

No, but I seem to remember GROG saying something about a jacuzzi.......

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 5:32 PM

I've been watching and waiting for Barbara to post. I guess at this point we can be sure this was a scam?

-Gman

SCAMORAMA-Ding-Dong! :P

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Holy kowloon! Hanford & Humu weren't kidding when they said this thread was long. Heard the story (short version) last night while toastin' in the hot tub at the Cabana. Glad everything's worked out. My friend is a clown doctor actually, so I'll share this with her. (She danced for Waitiki way back when).

T

On 2006-10-09 14:13, professahhummingflowah wrote:
Glad everything's worked out.

Everything worked out? Please explain...

On 2006-10-09 17:50, Tangaroa wrote:

On 2006-10-09 14:13, professahhummingflowah wrote:
Glad everything's worked out.

Everything worked out? Please explain...

Having been one of the 20 or so in the hot tub in Ft. Lauderdale, I believe the Prof is referring to the fact that we now have new friends the Clown Doctors, we've fully tracked down the slime queen Barbara Landry, the horrible situation created chuckles when the Scottish Clown Doctors made an appearance, and so forth. If you want more details, pm me and I'll fill you in.

On 2006-10-10 10:00, Coco Loco wrote:
... we've fully tracked down the slime queen Barbara Landry, ...

I thought her address was pretty well established from the get go. Are you suggesting she actually replied to somebody since she was outed? Is she sending stuff back?

Yep, reiterating all of the above. There's not much more to tell except that there was 1 additional contact from B to W. Same stuff as before. She was told by Wendy to return all of the items. The authorities (and military - dead husband soldier lies get them a little upset) are involved. Don't know if anything will ever come of it, but one can hope. Don't know anything more than that.

Specifically what we talked about in the hot tub was how a horrible situation could end up with us chuckling at the concept of Scottish Clown Doctors. That's all.

Man Hukilau was a blast. Early morning swim parties in the ocean, everyone standing around in their underware, or less, sitting in the hot tub till 5 am was awesome.

And yes, I meant to change the subject.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 10, 2006 8:19 PM

but Grog is still bald...

O

I would like to see a Scottish Clown Tiki Doctor mug, Andy mug and Slime B mug made. It would be an interesting way to recall all of this both the good and bad. Wendy, you have made some cool mugs in the past, what do you think?. I would go for one of each and pay extra for a donation to SCD's. Your severered head mug for the Slime Bit...I mean Slime Barbara would be fitting.

i love it! :tiki:

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 2:06 PM

There was some discussion on Shout! the other day about a limited editon "Andy Landry Severed Head" mug and a companion "Scottish Clowndoctor Mug", but I won't repeat the conversation in full as some folks will probably be offended :) Maybe we'll see some prototypes in the next TC mug design comp...?

H

While we are at it why don't we have a limited edition "Help Grog get his hair back" mug along with the other two.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 2:45 PM

yes, YES!!!! Im up for one these mugs :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 4:03 PM

but Grog is still bald...

Good point Hewey.

On 2006-10-11 14:19, hiltiki wrote:
While we are at it why don't we have a limited edition "Help Grog get his hair back" mug along with the other two.

Now we're talking!

On 2006-10-11 14:45, hewey wrote:
yes, YES!!!! Im up for one these mugs :)

Yah, man. Pogo for the good people.

H

Psssst...Grog. I have lots of hair more than I need or know what to do with you want some??????

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2006-10-11 23:30 ]

O

OK,OK. set of four mugs. Tiki Clown Doctor, Andy, Slime B. and Grog
with donations to SCD and monoxidil fund for Grog. If enough participants we can go with the Hair Club for men hair grafting treatment.

W

A proposal fer the Grog mug: The world's first ever (I think) CHIA MUG. A mug in the likeness of Grog's noggin on which a luxurious head of alfalfa sprouts can be grown. And maybe some alfalfa stubble, too.

Hello everyone!

This is the first time we have checked back for a while! Thanks for all the interest - our website is now fixed if anyone still wants to make a donation - http://www.heartsminds.org.uk.

Grog - I have spoken to the other Clowndoctors and they say you should massage your head with jelly while hanging upside down.

If anyone does make a Clown Doctor mug we would love to see a picture!

All the best from Scotland,

The Scottish Clowndoctors
xxx

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 31, 2006 9:16 AM

GROG willing t try anything. Thanks SCDr.s.

I just tried the link and was able to make a donation. Now I'm off to design a Scottish Clown Doctor mug....

O

Found this post, maybe we can can help Grog.

On 2006-09-24 08:57, ikitnrev wrote:

Last weekend, Johnny Dollar and myself were bartenders (again) for the Trixie Little/Evil Hate Monkey fundraiser.

Johnny Dollar was kind enough to sample the original 'Evil Hate Monkey' drink recipe, and derive a much better tasting drink. Here is the new recipe.....

The Evil Hate Monkey

1.5 oz Creme de Banana
1 oz Meyers Dark Rum
1 oz Coconut Rum
1 oz Orange juice
.5 oz lemon juice

We also served the above drink in a furry mug, to enhance one's tactile drinking sensations. The mug was a simple opaque yellow plastic cup, but with a 1.5 - 2 inch strip of brown fake fur glued to the outside. (and also served with plastic monkeys hanging from the rim.)

It turned out well, and I would like to see more fur incorporated into tiki mugs.

Vern

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 1, 2006 6:33 PM

GROG not need furry mugs. If you leave a little drink in them and not wash out your mugs,
they grow their own fur.

On 2006-11-01 18:33, GROG wrote:
GROG not need furry mugs. If you leave a little drink in them and not wash out your mugs,
they grow their own fur.

Grog should wear a pumpkin on his head.

Will grow fur overnite!

KK

What the?
Can someone tell me da whole story in a quick summation? I spoke with Gman briefly about what happened and had my own "Barbara Landry" scandal (check my post! Its sad and funny!)...
Im so blown away by the deceit and lies. Well, it does show how big the hearts of the people here on TC are to make such generous gifts of their work and collections to a sick boy and dead soldier husband that never existed!!!
I personally spoke with "Matt Landry" (and Barbara) a few times, so I guess the moke no make die dead, huh? And not once did that thieveing wahine EVER tell me about a sick cancer stricken boy!!!
Pupule....Just pupule.

Somebody fill me in as I dont have enough time to read the whole thread just yet! i just came back to TC and I still have 6 months of posts to read!!! Shootz!

Malama pono!

O

well, in a nut shell. There is going to be Andy & Barbara severed head mugs, a Scottish Clown Doctor mug and a Chia Grog mug. And who would have thought the Scottish Clown Doctors would join TC.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-12-14 15:09 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 3:08 PM

Kahakaii

The Landrygate scandal… [takes deep breath]

Barbara came on TC, sayin you disappeared with her cash etc etc. she was buying a tiki for her son. I PMd her saying you’re a nice bloke, he’s prob just got other stuff on his plate, given he’s going through a divorce. She replied saying it was for her sick son with cancer, she has no more money to buy him anything else etc etc. I got a few people to donate tiki stuff to send to her sick son Andy. Wendy (Danlovestikis) in particular did an awesome job of getting even more people involved. A lot of people posted tiki stuff to Andy.

Then the sob story just got better and better. The husband was killed in Iraq last year, just before the kid was diagnosed with cancer. Some bright folks on TC did some maths and worked out that the years and ages weren’t matching. More research found (don’t know how!) that the picture she sent Wendy of Andy was actually an image stolen from the Scottish Clown Doctors website. The clown doctors were contacted and quite concerned, “Andy” was definitely a kid from Scotland. Unfortuneately this creates issues for them as far using images in future promotions and stuff.

Barbara tried to talk her way out of it, but just dug herself in deeper. Wendy contacted the cops and army (?) who were quite interested, obviously they don’t like people making up dead military husbands to rip people off. Don’t know what happened with this…

And Grog started to go bald, so he wanted help with this…

Basically lots of good people got burnt, in a bad way. Ive got mixed feelings myself – embarrassment/shame of how many people got burnt basically because of me, anger at Barbara for all the bullshit, anger at the fact the clown doctors got screwed over when they had nothing to do with this and it will have serious ramifications for their publicity work, but also pride in the TC ohana and how many are willing to put themselves out to help out people in need.

Grog is still bald…

H
hewey posted on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 3:10 PM

and to remember this significant event, mugs are being made... :)

On 2006-12-14 15:08, hewey wrote:
Kahakaii

The Landrygate scandal… [takes deep breath]

[SNIP]

Grog is still bald…

I am still waiting for an address to send my ChiaGrog(tm) to....

Brilliant summation hewey.

Ch, Ch, Ch....Chia

KK

Wow Hewey!
I bummed I missed the whole saga whilst it played out here on TC! You talked about being "burnt" by her but I think the Akua will bless all of you that tried to help make little suffering (non-existent) Andy's life a bit better!

It was so funny to hear the messages I got from her & her ALIVE husband about the FBI and consumer fruad division going after me! And that my "local" authorities were gonna me and lock me up!!!
I am sorry to drudge this all up for you all here, but I definitely missed something big (although I was silently a part of her whole SCAM!) andI feel fro all who were decieved and Lied to...

Read my new posts to hear what they tried to pull on me!!!

Hi, kaha ki'i, ive been trying to email you about your items on your web site, I must have emailed you 5 times and didnt get a response, are you still making your art work?

KK

Okay, Well it appears the "Barbara Landry" scandal still has not stopped for me I guess...
DOES ANYONE KNOW A PUNK NAMED "PETE" FROM BOSTON? I just recieved this message from my webpage:

MailFromName - pete
Address - 8755 waller
Address (cont) -
City - boston
State - ma
Zip / Postal Code -
Country -
Phone -
MailFromAddress - [email protected]
WebAddress -
Comments - you are such a f****** liar, you didnt send s***! you skipped town
you jerk off. ur a f******* con. bra? lol what a joke u give a bad name to
anyone that lives in Hawaii

It looks as if Barbara Landry still has some "friends" out there. Well, birds of a feather... Funny how he didnt leave a phone number or last name! But the bobooz leaves his address? If anyone knows who this kook is, please let him know who the real con artists are...
This moke is what my friends from Boston would call a "Mass-Hole"...

And I thought I could start up again fresh and Ive still got the stink of Barbara Landry surrounding me...What should I do?

Shauna- Sorry sweety, I just PM'd you!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 286 replies