Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

There is no Andy Landry. This reads like the Enquirer.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 286 replies

P

i've been shaving my chest hair and weaving it into a nice rug for GROG. it will be presented to him at the west coast showdown carvathon. i hope it helps. we have a special ceremony planned. i hope i didn't spoil the surprise.

"Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy -- the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation." - Eric Hoffer (American social writer)

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 19, 2006 11:02 PM

Thank you Paranoid and Pdrake for remembering GROG. GROG truly grateful. Now GROG must go back out to the jacuzzi for more therapy.

If everyone who mailed something off called Barbara's local police department, I'm sure they'd have to open a file and check it out.

G

On 2006-09-19 19:02, danlovestikis wrote:
Now I feel really bad about the joke, Dan made it up and I thought it was funny, guess not. Wendy

That's right. When in hot water, blame the husband. That's what my wife always does.

"Officer, my husband told me to make that u-turn on the interstate."

"Officer, my husband told me to wave around this water pistol at the airport. He said it would be funny."

(Okay, I made that last one up, but the first one.... I plead the Fifth.)

J
JTD posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 6:28 AM

On 2006-09-19 16:01, danlovestikis wrote:
I do feel blessed in that I have seen and met so many more TC members who are angles on earth.

And in this case, the obtuse angles.

On 2006-09-20 06:28, JTD wrote:

On 2006-09-19 16:01, danlovestikis wrote:
I do feel blessed in that I have seen and met so many more TC members who are angles on earth.

And in this case, the obtuse angles.

dude, harshing on the ohana might lead to the revokation of your hut...

Obtuse\1.not sharp or quick of wit 2.exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees 3. not pointed or acute: blunt

Grog did you go bald by pulling your hair out by trying to understand the meaning of life or did you do it trying to understand posts written about you?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 9:31 AM

Rubbing on the bedpost.

Actually, GROG not understand what you mean.

GROG not care about meaning of life. GROG just try to live GROG's life the best GROG can, treat people as GROG would like to be treated (except for Kirby) and GROG will find out
what 42 stands for when GROG is dead.

kirby or tikikirby?

On 2006-09-20 02:13, hanford_lemoore wrote:
If everyone who mailed something off called Barbara's local police department, I'm sure they'd have to open a file and check it out.

She lives in Fort Bend County, not Harris, like most people in Houston. I think it would be fun to have a progressive tiki bar party in Houston and make the last stop her well stocked tiki bar. Just a thought. It would be some consolation for the delay in the opening of the Dallas Trader Vic's.

PS Anyone with a son, or daughter, who is about three, PM me, I have a bunch of gently worn Hawaiian shirts. No disabilities are required. Seriously, I have a bunch of shirts for free. Ebay is too much of a pain.

In my opinion, "Barbara" is a GUY. Look at the first post. It's written like a guy. And whichever collectors tiki bar this is, TC should be able to make full use of it.

Hanford's right. Anyone who sent anything should contact the Houston police department: (713) 884-3131 http://www.houstontx.gov/police/contact.htm. Just give them the address and "phone number" provided.

Their open file might be closed by this. After all the IP address might match the computer in this "Barbara" guy's house. Though a long shot because the a*h**le probably had the gifts sent to an unoccupied house.

The police might have an open file and name associated with an IP address though. *Wouldn't it be ironic if "Barbara" was actually stupid enough to live there or nearby and actually gets nailed by our police department reports *. I'm curious if the house was ever even occupied -- during the time of this event.

There is also a possibility that this may be a federal crime even though no money passed hands. This is a very slick and sick scammer. If you'd like to directly contact the FBI: houston.fbi.gov 713-693-5000, FBI Internet fraud division: http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm, FBI complaint link: http://www.ic3.gov/

From now on, I will refer to "Barbara" as the scummy slimy scamming tiki collecting a**h*le guy. But that's just my personal opinion. Have a good one.

**P.S. GROG, I am still very compassionate to your affliction. :( Your situation should be TC's #1 supported cause. May tiki comfort come your way soon. :wink: **

On 2006-09-20 10:14, Benehune wrote:

She lives in Fort Bend County, not Harris, like most people in Houston. I think it would be fun to have a progressive tiki bar party in Houston and make the last stop her well stocked tiki bar. Just a thought. It would be some consolation for the delay in the opening of the Dallas Trader Vic's.
Drats, my brilliant evil scheme has been discovered!! Now I, Forbarbarahini, will have to return the contents of my newly well-stocked bar.

Seriously, I have wanted very much to make a little trip way out west of Houston, but haven't been able to so far. And I wrote Barbara offline last week trying to arrange visiting the little tiki tyke! Now, however, I don't belive my trip will be to comfort the sweet little ailing child....

F

I sent my "Best of Buffet" CD, my lost shaker of salt and a couple of "ParrotHead Onboard" bumpstickers.......Maybe those weren't "Tiki" enough for her and she'll send them back!? Oh well "It's 5 o'clock somewhere..." :wink:

Perhaps we can send her a different type of gift:

http://www.mailpoop.com/

I like it, packing a box now and gonna forget the postage so they have to pay to get there poop!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 6:19 PM

Thanks Coco loco for your compassion.

Please don't anybody send GROG poop.
GROG deals with enough crap at work.

So, is there any chance of changing the title of this thread to say..."Scam-a-lama-ding-dong"... or...... "Don't mess with Texas...For REAL!" :)

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 8:43 PM

How about a tiki central tiki charity auction where we KNOW its a legit cause?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21113&forum=1&0

[ Edited by: filslash 2006-09-21 12:35 ]

On 2006-09-20 14:44, Formikahini wrote:
[quote

Seriously, I have wanted very much to make a little trip way out west of Houston, but haven't been able to so far. And I wrote Barbara offline last week trying to arrange visiting the little tiki tyke! Now, however, I don't belive my trip will be to comfort the sweet little ailing child....

F

Yes...Come back out West...we can round up a posse...no, not to go find everyone's stuff, but to go find a good place for drinks!

TT

So, Tikiwahine, that says what?
Everyone here has been fuckin duped??
Good job on the site all. Jesus.
Ivy

Barbara sux!

ST

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2006-09-21 08:55 ]

Dear all,

Thank you to all of the members of this site who have contacted us about the photograph. We have already sent an email to one of your members already to explain that due to data protection legislation and our confidentiality rules we do not keep records of the names of children in our publicity photographs but do seek consent from the parent or carer for the images to be used. We can however confirm that this photograph was taken in Yorkhill Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland in 2005.

This has caused a lot of distress in our office and we will be removing the photograph from our website just as soon as we can contact our technical advisors.

This image is under copyright and we would very much appreciate it if you would remove the photo from this website immediately and refrain from using the image of Dr McFlea or the little boy in the photograph in any of your own "funny" photos.

This is a real image of one of our Clowndoctors visiting a real sick child in hospital and this whole business is likely to cause a great deal of upset for ourselves, the hospital, the child and his family. We are a charity that aims to promote the quality of life for children in hospital and hospice care and we depend on our fundraising efforts to keep the work going. We will now be forced to inform the hospital who in turn will have to notify the family of the child in the photograph. This will mean that it will become very difficult for us to use such publicity in the future - something that will have an impact on our public profile and our income.

For the most part you seem like very open and friendly people and we are saddened that there are people out there who would take advantage of such generosity of spirit. We hope that you will all understand our position regarding the photograph and that this whole sorry episode can come to a peaceful end.

If anyone would like to know more about us and the very real work we do you can find us at http://www.heartsminds.org.uk

Many thanks,

Hearts&Minds

T

This thread has become the online equivalent of 'America's Top Model'... You can't believe what you are seeing (in this case, reading) - yet cannot pull yourself away...

H

More like 'Tiki Central's Most Wanted' thread.

G

Well, one thing's for sure. I never thought I'd see the day when someone named Scottish Clowndoctors joined Tiki Central. :)

(Joking aside, I totally respect what they do and sympathize with the pickle this has also put them in.)

On 2006-09-20 02:13, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Sorry Hanford, wrong jurisdiction, using the US Mail to defraud is a Federal crime. Send your complaints to US Postal Inspection Service.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 21, 2006 9:03 AM

On 2006-09-21 01:31, Scottish Clowndoctors wrote:

This has caused a lot of distress in our office and we will be removing the photograph from our website just as soon as we can contact our technical advisors.

This is a real image of one of our Clowndoctors visiting a real sick child in hospital and this whole business is likely to cause a great deal of upset for ourselves, the hospital, the child and his family. We are a charity that aims to promote the quality of life for children in hospital and hospice care and we depend on our fundraising efforts to keep the work going. We will now be forced to inform the hospital who in turn will have to notify the family of the child in the photograph. This will mean that it will become very difficult for us to use such publicity in the future - something that will have an impact on our public profile and our income.

This had a bigger impact than just some TCers being duped out some mugs and necklaces.GROG definitely feels that some sort of legal authority should be contacted.

GROG really sorry for the distress and labor this will cause for Hearts&Minds organization and the impact it may have on their publicity and money raising.This went from pretty sucky to completely sucks.

S

I am lost. I have not read all 12 pages here. Can someone explain what exactly is going on?

Nutshell version: TC'rs were scammed into sending stuff to someone on the pretense that it was for a sick kid with cancer.

-A person named "Barbara" started posting negative threads trying to get her money back from a former TCer.

-This person started PMing TCers explaining why she posted neg. threads. "Kid has cancer" "husband killed in Iraq'

-TCers tried to help by sending the sick kid stuff

-Her story/lie gets busted through several venues. There's no kid and he/she "Barbara" disappears with the loot.

-The kid pictures used, supposedly hers, were from a Scottish Cancer Center site (Scottish Clowns) -- not her kid. The Scottish clown doctors are now upset. The thread provides full details.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-09-21 10:30 ]

S

What kind of weirdness is that? I mean, I might go to a Hummel figure group and get them to send me stuff, or some other commonly traded item that I can turn over for cash, but not tiki. I doubt the stuff will go anywhere but the trash unfortunately. Or maybe they will take it work and start putting it inside ceramic yard elfs...

M

On 2006-09-21 10:23, Coco Loco wrote:

The Scottish clown doctors are now upset.

With all due respect to these people and their excellent work on behalf of sick children, that is one seriously funny sentence.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.