Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

watch!!!

Pages: 1 12 replies

K

cool stuff, miles! at that pace you oughta be turning out a coupla paintings a day. beach bontiki is now proudly hanging in my tiki art room. mahalo also to you and my wife for the hulala t-shirt. my wife, cuz she found it in the packing materials about a week after i got the painting!

Nicely done.. At 2 points you went over lines that looked finished to me then replaced them just as well as they were- Amazing!

How do you do that without smearing paint all over the place??

K

my favorite thing about the whole video is the fact that you can watch the paint dry and change color...if that thing was played in real time it'd be about 25 minutes long - maybe a bit less...but there are all kids of things that you just don't see which is cool...this was a test really - i'm painting a couple of surf boards soon and i'm going to shoot and blog the whole thing - when this painting is done i'll post it - it is SUPPOSED to be @ Roq La Rue friday but life has truly happened to me this summer - i'll never rush another painting again especially one i LIKE - prints forthcoming in limited number

thanks for the support
ALOHA

Miles, that's AMAZING how many layers go into just a small detail of your fabulously character-dense paintings! And I agree, it's equally neat-o to see the paint dry and change color as you go. Great idea- I can't wait to see the surfboard time-lapse sequences!
By the way, how can a guy, say uh, like ME, buy prints/lithos/serigraphs of your fantabulous artwork? I've e-mailed a couple of times of the past two years from your website, but haven't gotten a reply.
Lookin' forward to hearin' from ya, bra!

K

thanks for the feedback...it's nice to hear good things like that ...

about prints... when this painting is complete it'll be the third print that i have made available independently - these will be more affordable and less sizable than the Tapa print which is still available (one artist proof left here) - this image is also available at a smaller size and cost

at any rate...details and footage to follow

thanks again!
M

T

Happy as a calm. Miles, that calm certainly looks like a Kooche......painting. :)

I'm going to one of your painting some time in my life.

Miles,
That was really fun to watch! Always great to see how the masters lay down paint! that's gouache you use? I'm guessing from the color change/ and your animation background. Having a day job plus the fine art jonez it's hard to find time to paint( like you say-life happens) Now, whenever I don't have any time to create, I'll just watch your hands and pretend! Thanks for sharing that with us! Your art is SuperRad!
Ken

M

woao! I was scared the hole time you were goin´to miss the outlines!That was faaaast! :D

Your work is supercool! Always!

Very cool Miles! I assume that's some of the music that you like listening to while you paint?

Sabu

S

M-

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Dude, your board is going to be insane, I would be afraid to ride a blank that you painted, the first ding walking down the cliffs would kill me. It would have to stay hung in the house.

K

thanks everyone! feels great to hear things like this!

many thanks Sabu - i listen to EVERYTHING ... i mean all of it - it's all good so why not - sometimes i listen to nothing but that can last only so long

see you in the future!

Pages: 1 12 replies