Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The return of The Bomboras - December 31, 2006

Pages: 1 33 replies

T

The Bomboras are playing at Spaceland in Los Angeles on December 31st! See you there!

YES! There is a god and he loves the Bomboras! This one show I am gonna have to definitely try to make!!

Chongolio

That is if it really happens, word has it it's still in Negotiation, and the Bomboras shouldn't have posted it on their myspace.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Hoo that's great news if it comes to light - hope it's more than a one-off show(wasn't too crazy about The Satisfaction).
One of the times they played here in Van we asked the guitarist (who was manning the merch table) something about their incredibly-awesome matching bowling shirts and I think there was talk about us getting some made, since a friend of theirs did 'em up.
We were pretty damn hammered, tho', so my rememberance of the conversation is really sketchy. They broke up before we could get any shirt info from them...

Jeff,
If you doubt it will happen, don't go to the show.

On 2006-09-16 14:17, bigtikidude wrote:
That is if it really happens, word has it it's still in Negotiation, and the Bomboras shouldn't have posted it on their myspace.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

SAKES ALIVE!!!
I'd love to see them again.
I still treasure my glow-in-the-dark Bomboras Keychain!!!
Pea

Hey Gregg,
Welcome...I know I'm going
Jeff - Ouch! :wink:

Ran

On 2006-09-20 17:20, Gregg Hunt wrote:
Jeff,
If you doubt it will happen, don't go to the show

Greg,
Oh I'll go if it happens, I just hope I can hear the Guitars.
The last 4 or 5 times I saw you guys all I could hear was Bass, Drums,
and Organ.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

the creepy creeps should be on that bill! hotdamn!!!!!

K
Klas posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 3:07 PM

As I mentioned on another forum, I too would most likely be there to see the Bomboras if it wasn't so far away... BTW, we did a show at the Spaceland venue many years ago:

The Daytonas at Spaceland, Los Angeles, CA, 1996

I'm already there...waiting...scratching at the back door!

the last time i saw them WAS at spaceland......that was maybe 5 years ago or so.....it would be fitting to see them there upon their return!!

Jeff, Johnny & I fixed our amps last week so we should have volume for the show. Thanks, we're looking forward to the reunion.
-Gregg

On 2006-09-25 16:03, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2006-09-20 17:20, Gregg Hunt wrote:
Jeff,
If you doubt it will happen, don't go to the show

Greg,
Oh I'll go if it happens, I just hope I can hear the Guitars.
The last 4 or 5 times I saw you guys all I could hear was Bass, Drums,
and Organ.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Greg, could you PLEASE bless us with an Invisible Men reunion next!!!!!??????

Also, could you change your name to "Grog" Hunt? Thanks

Tikitortured: there's a new comp called the Spooky, Swinging Sounds of Kreepsville Manor which just was released. It has two new IM tracks plus some fantastic surf bands on it. Check it out at:

http://www.myspace.com/1313midnitekreepshow

[ Edited by: Gregg Hunt 2006-11-12 21:33 ]

T

I got my ticket!

I stopped by the venue on Sat night on the way to the Tonga Hut event. to pick up tix for me and Ran(Kick the Reverb), Tiki San, and TikiTina( Kristina)
and it seems real nice place, good sound system.
they don't have the tix printed yet, but if you pay for them, they'll put your name on the will call list.

20 bucks even no tax/service charge.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

On 2006-11-13 10:22, bigtikidude wrote:
I stopped by the venue on Sat night on the way to the Tonga Hut event. to pick up tix for me and Ran(Kick the Reverb), Tiki San, and TikiTina( Kristina)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Looking forward to ringing in the New Year w/you guys! $20 is a bargain for any New Years show.

Same Here TheJab, looking forward to it...

Ran

The Tiki Ti will be open from Dec 27th on.
I say we hit there first and have 2 or 3 or 4 drinks, first.
then go over to the show.

whaddya say?
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm all for hittin' up the Tiki Ti.

-Kristena

You twisted my arm, you can drag me kicking and screaming to the Tiki Ti. TheJab, will you join us?
Ran

T

Definitely up for a Tiki-Ti visit!

I am pleased to inform you that The Whale Rider and I just purchased our tickets and will be joining you all on New Years Eve!!! I am looking forward to hanging out everybody!!! EEEEEeeeeEEEAAAoOoOoOooOuUUuUuuUUWWWWWWww
P.S. We are definitely in for the Tiki Ti too.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-11-17 20:30 ]

Great News Spermy, good to hear your jumping on the bandwagon.

Who else is gonna join us?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-11-18 16:15 ]

hey another idea, we gotta eat right?
I was thinking we should check and see if El Chavo next door is going to be open and what time if so.
maybe hit that up at 5 ish and then tiki ti when they open around
6 pm
whaddya all think of dat? Unless you think of something else cool/good

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-11-18 16:20 ]

bump, if your planning on this get your tix soon, as they are going fast.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-11-25 19:56 ]

last minute bump for anyone who hasn't seen this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

so thrilled they are now back again and touring. one of my favorites; live shows were amazing

Touring???

Looks like they got together to play in Mexico City recently....

https://www.facebook.com/The-Bomboras-162879217683450/

I don’t have any insider knowledge, so take this with a grain of salt, but the way the guys have been talking, I’m thinking the reunion was a one off unfortunately.

Looks like the boys are playing September 2. We just booked our travel out there. I’m so stoked!!

Pages: 1 33 replies