Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Are your pants falling down?

Pages: 1 24 replies

Well we've finally done it! Our original mosaics are at last for sale. You can also purchase prints, notecards and coasters at our website http://www.velvetglass.com

Thanks to the many of you who have made inquiries and requests concerning our artwork. It gives us the warm fuzzies to know that you appreciate our efforts.

Mahalo,

Maggie n' Mark

Mmmmmm......... warm fuzzies

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2006-11-02 11:39 ]

J

Your mosaics are absolutely fantastic. There are at least a few I would want in my own home if the budget allowed. Alas, it does not. But please keep us all informed as more of them are added.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2006-09-18 10:28 ]

Congratulations... this is wonderful news! Your art is truly beautiful.

I have been to your website many times, aways coming away drooling. You create some fantastic stuff! I craft stained glass as a hobby, but can't seem to come up with the great tiki motifs you have created. My work is more geometric (prairie, craftsman, Frank Lloyd Wright), and I haven't been able to get a decent looking wahine or tiki in that style. But you give me inspiration and ideas. I really appreciate your craftsmanship and artistic flair!

Keep up the great work!!

• Myke

Those are really beautiful. Hope they all find a good home.

Wow! The mosiacs are incredible! Wish I could afford one or two!

I really like the tikis made from fences, too.

Those are fantastic! Nice work.

plus, glad to see the net neutrality link!

..sbim

CL

OMG, I LOVE these! Will you be vending at Hukilau?

Thanks for all the positive comments and interest!

We know that our mosaics won't fit into everybody's budget which is why we didn't want to put them up for sale until we could also offer prints, cards and coasters as a more economical alternative......and they make great gifts!

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make Hukilau this year. Right now we are planning on attending Tiki Oasis '07.

cheeky half

yeah! i just scored fireside kahona. i can't wait to see it in person. mahalo m&m!

M

"yeah! i just scored fireside kahona. i can't wait to see it in person."

Me too. Do keep in mind I have your address. Not to say anything will definitely happen to the Kahona piece, but things have known to go missing in the mail. Ohh, I wanted that, but I lose out again. Good thing I still gots my four Ohana Huts.

Arrghh...mine mine mine!!! But my middle name is "Kahona"! Ok, I lied, it's actually Cyril.

That's ok, I understand.
midnite

crackin' on the post office will get you nowhere with me, a letter carrier for 22 years! :)

P

NEWMANNNN!!!

hello perry!

M

crackin' on the post office will get you nowhere with me, a letter carrier for 22 years!

Ya know, I'm thinking the addressee would like to receive that letter by now. No rush though, I understand the USPS.

Arrghh, I wanted that Fireside Kahona. Not that I think I deserve it, but given my circumstances it would have meant so much. Some here know my predicament, it's not been easy these last few years. Not with the thing, and the stuff, and those other things. It's not that I'm asking for a hand-out, more of a hand-up. Awright, Ok!, actually I'm trying to get that mosaic.

Didn't I put my name on the "I want Firside Kahona" list? I distinctly remember signing something. I mean, I put my name down...oh wait, that was signing my soul away to Satan. Well, it did get me five Ohana Huts. Mwooha haa haaa.

Yes, I should just buy the "midnight tiki" mosaic...but Kahona is so much cooler. My birthday is soon, I had life-saving heart surgery at age five, my Dad's name was Andy, he was a Vet, he's dead, yes, from...

It's all true, 'cept the signing my soul away to the Devil. I didn't do that! My Mom took care of it.

Love for sale!
midnite

Great plan of attack...

Accessory items based on the original artwork... Nicely done...

Very professional

And those originals are second to none... Absolutely amazing work.

Ditto. 20yrs for me before i got out, same route all those years.

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Sep 19, 2006 3:59 AM

Unbelievable, these are something else. The composition and colours are beautiful.
Bullet strikes again - you're gonna need bigger walls soon man!

On 2006-09-18 15:10, kingstiedye wrote:
yeah! i just scored fireside kahona. i can't wait to see it in person. mahalo m&m!

Sweet grab King! That bad boy is built into a light box. How cool is that. People will love it during the day time...and then at night, when you click it on - Holy Smokes!

mg

Arrrrrr........

Avast mateys. We be hoistin tha mainsails an swabbin our decks down here in Olde Tucson Town. Cap'n Cheeky and his wench are flabbergasted at ye outpourin's o' love an praise fer our glassy arty.
We be thankin' each and all fer their words o encouragement an' we promise to keep makin our goods an chattels just as fast as we can.

If we be sailin' into the murky waters of Californee in the future we be trollin' fer invitations to come visit our glassys in their new homes. We could bring cake.

And on another, less Piratical note.......we just realised there was a bad link on our Gallery page so if anyone had trouble trying to check out our "For Sale' stuff, it should all work properly now.

The young feller who put our site together should be keelhauled!

Ye Mahalos

On 2006-09-18 22:40, redpilldog wrote:
Ditto. 20yrs for me before i got out, same route all those years.

i needed red pills too after 20 years in the p.o.

On 2006-09-19 13:59, cheeky half wrote:
If we be sailin' into the murky waters of Californee in the future we be trollin' fer invitations to come visit our glassys in their new homes. We could bring cake.

anytime, m&m!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-09-19 19:15 ]

...if so, you may need a Velvet Glass mosaic belt buckle.

We have some new pieces for sale and wanted to plug them here in the marketplace. Not all of the belt buckles are tiki. We are working on designing more tiki images that we can produce in glass on this small scale.

New mosaic - Faded Foursome

There are more belt buckles and other new mosaics on our gallery page.
http://www.velvetglass.com/tikipages/gallery02.html

We've also had quite a few requests to purchase our greeting cards individually so we are now offering them seperately or as a set.
http://www.velvetglass.com/tikipages/forsale.html

Cheers!
Mr and Mrs cheeky half

great new pieces, m & m. i just scored the sufferin' bastard buckle. still a couple of tiki buckles left. i really dig the faded foursome, too.

B

Those buckles are Really sweet, As are the Mosaics and the rest of the stuff causing me to Drool.

Awwww. You're pretty Drooly yourself Benz.
And your Bastard Buckle is all wrapped up and ready for mailing KTD.

m & m

Pages: 1 24 replies