Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Anyone know of a drink recipe called The Voodoo Priestess?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I'm calling my October drink special at Forbidden Island "The Voodoo Priestess". I was talking with Martiki and he seems to remember a drink called that in one of the old bar/restaruant menus from his collection.

Anyone else remember seeing "The Voodoo Priestess" anywhere?

Cheers,
~T

M

puamana?

bump! Let me try this one more time...

P

I don't remember, but I'll take 1 next time we are there.

C

I thought I would bump this because the Voodoo Priestess was posted in the SF Chronicle.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/27/WIG3TLV2J11.DTL

I am going to make up a bottle of the spice syrup so I can make this one.
It sounds like it will be fantastic, my wife likes pumpkin pie so maybe she will like it too.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2006-11-07 07:41 ]

Yep!! Here's the other thread about it:

Haole'akamai's Voodoo Priestess in SF Chronicle

G

On 2006-11-07 07:37, captnkirk wrote:
I am going to make up a bottle of the spice syrup so I can make this one.

As I mentioned on the other thread, you might want to lower the syrup to 1.5 oz. That makes for a more pleasing balance to me. And tell us what you think of it!

Well, I didn't get a reply on the other related thread - probably because it's in the General Tiki forum - so I'll re-post my question here:

I'd like to try this drink, but I don't want to whip up a batch of pumpkin pie spice in the "off-season". Has anyone tried subbing something like 1/2 cinnamon syrup, 1/2 allspice syrup instead? Or maybe cut those to 1/3 and add 1/3 of ginger syrup? I've been craving spicier cocktails lately and in the last couple of months have made my own allspice and cinnamon syrups as well as falernum, but pumpkin pie spice is such a seasonal thing for me. Would it last in the fridge until the fall?

Anyone try using a commercial pumpkin spice syrup, like Monin's, for this? I know it's not that difficult to make at home but I made this into a punch last year for a Halloween party and might do the same this year. Just seems like it'd be a bit easier (or lazier) using a commercial version already done. Also a bit more precise. It's hard to know what you're going to get for volume once the syrup has boiled down a bit.

Pages: 1 8 replies