Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Help Adopt-a-Bench in NYC Central Park: 9/11 Memorial

Pages: 1 0 replies

Let me preface this by saying that I realize this may be bad timing what with the whole Andy Landry episode just recently.

But hopefully, there will be a difference to most of you because I've been on TC for some time and many of you know me personally. I'm trying to help out one of my best friends that has been an important part of my life for 14 years now. Her name is Erin and we met in college where we became art-partners-in-crime. And although she has moved around a lot, we never lost touch and write to each other frequently.

Her brother, Brent Woodall, was killed on 9/11 in one of the towers. Since she has no gravesite or permanent memorial for him she is trying to raise money for a memorial bench in Central Park (a program set up in NYC). She is asking for only one dollar from all she knows to go toward this memorial and I'm trying to help her out by spreading the word and get the money raised. If you need verification that he was one of the victims, he is listed on a part of CNN's web site for 9/11:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/page108.html

(Incidentally, she does have an appreciation for Tiki and Hawaiiana especially since she spent many years living in Hawaii as a child. Whenever her 3-year old daughter sees a Tiki, she calls it a "Tee-Tee Man.")

If you'd like to help her create a permanent memorial for her brother please go to this link and scroll down to the Just-a-Buck campaign:
http://www.brentwoodall.com/
She's just asking for one dollar from everyone she can reach. If you want to give more, you certainly can. But another way to help is simply to pass on this info to your friends and family as well.

Please remember that this is not regarding someone I don't know. This is my own friend whose loss I witnessed for myself when she watched the towers fall on TV knowing her brother was still inside. (She was still living in L.A. at the time.) Please help if you are able to. She's been such a great friend to me and I really want to see this happen for her and her family.

Pages: 1 0 replies