Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Ohana Hut Registry

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

ST

82 made it! Time for a biggass mai-tai !

It looks like I owe you guys a picture of hut #5 in holiday mode. I just noticed that the lid is on backwards. Unfortunately I can't take another picture as I'm a state away from it right now so this will have to do. And by the way, it's glorious.

K

#96 finally made it all the way to Florida. Barely made in on the list.

I

I received mine .... via special request (long story), I now have #69.

Vern

K

88!

Ohana Hut #91 has taken its place on the shelf of distinction in Hinky Drinks at Lund Manor.

Our humblest gratitude to Stuckie, and his team at Munktiki, for persevering through what I can only guess is a bit of a rough patch. Mahalo Nui.

still waiting for mine ordered it back in sept.or oct. almost a year ago

On 2007-04-30 22:11, Haole'akamai wrote:
Our humblest gratitude to Stuckie, and his team at Munktiki

You mean his dogs?

T

On 2007-05-05 19:07, Mai Tai Matty wrote:
still waiting for mine ordered it back in sept.or oct. almost a year ago

Me too. Stuckie mentioned elsewhere that there were some extenuating circumstances involved with the production of these, so I think we just need to be patient. Sounds like he's back at the huts, though, if #91 is out in the world! Maybe soon!

Hey!
Alright! I am definitely back in the hut grind and should be having the last few done real soon. Unfortunately there were quite allot of setbacks in the last few months. But its good news for the Huts.... I really needed the break from them. Production gets real monotonous and after doing 50, 60, 70 of the same thing you start to lose drive.

-s

Through Trade #30 has a safe new home. It's a TC thing & it's good to be a part. :)

F

#98 made it's way to my doorstep today. It's an great looking addition to collection.

T

#93 finally made it to the Quiet Village! Sweeet! It holds four Mai Tais! Plus tons of ice! Awesome!

#63 is safe in Los Gatos, CA.

number 95 finally made it !!!

I see one of these is for sale on that one site. Kinda sad to see it there...

HT

On 2013-02-10 23:00, Cool Manchu wrote:
I see one of these is for sale on that one site. Kinda sad to see it there...

Take solace in knowing that it'll probably be a TC member that buys it. I missed getting one at the time, and although money's a little tight right now, if one comes up when I've got the cash to spare, I'd gladly scoop it up.

OK! Over the past few months, I watched 2 of these huts go for over $200 on ebay. Each time, it killed me not to bid on them, but it certainly wasn't in my budget. When this one came up with a "Buy It Now" a bit higher than the last 2 had gone for, I couldn't take it anymore! I was like "Squints" Polydoros with Wendy Peffercorn! I just had to get my hands on it! Once again, I had no dough, but I had to do something. I scrounged around the garage & lounge looking for stuff to sell; a car club plaque, a couple of mugs & some vintage license plates. It was worth a try. Onto ebay they went! After 4 agonizing days, I had the dough & the hut was still for sale. BUY IT NOW! The best thing is, the stuff I sold to raise the dough only cost me a total of $38.00! Without further ado, I bring you Ohana Hut #54 in it's new permanent residence, the Mauna Kai Lounge.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2013-02-21 21:15 ]

Could not have found a better home!

Congrats BK. You need to find out who the original TC owner was.

DC

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 7:43 PM

Congrats Big Cojones!

Great purchase! The Ohana Hut is one beautiful design and I hope someday I can buy one.
Big Kahuna, you can apply for Bill Me Later through PayPal. You can make monthly payments if something expensive comes up again that you must have.

On 2013-02-21 18:06, Dustycajun wrote:
Congrats BK. You need to find out who the original TC owner was.

Already logged-in on the registry apparently. It looks great in its new home!

[ Edited by: Trader Tom 2013-02-21 21:33 ]

So happy to see that it ended up here! It was my intent in bringing it up.

Thanks, everybody, I'm so glad I finally got one. The funny thing is, how easy it was for me to raise the money, once I tried. I've got to shuffle my Holy Grail list, now to figure out what's next. haha
Cool Manchu: Thanks, for the heads up.
Rick

I

I received my Ohana Hut Bowl nearly 6 years ago. But it was put on display, and I never really officially used it.

That is until tonight. A group of fellow tiki friends came over, and I served up a rum concoction on the fly that I could not reproduce tomorrow if I tried, and it went over very well.

Ohana Hut Bowl #69 is now in service, better later than never.

43.Berdoo John
Now registered #43 Dr.TikiMojo

I was on the original waiting list for cancellations...it's been my longest ebay continuous search with many hits and misses and after 7 long years I've finally acquired mine just as we are moving into our MCM home and join the Sacramento Ohana! CHEERS!

Congrats, Doc!

So, not knowing who originally had it, but I am officially registering number 77-

Alive and kicking ass!

PTD

T

Mine is number 85.
Better late than never.

I took soooo much crap from locals when I got on the list for one.
Wish I had a Shecky.

H

Registry updated!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Jun 16, 2018 11:01 PM

Wow, these are great. If at any point someone out there must reluctantly part with their Hut, think of me....

Pages: 1 2 78 replies