Greetings all...
My RSS feed of new releases on Netflix turned up this thing:

A horror movie called TIKI
the box says:
Evil Things Come in Small Packages
TIKI
Killing Soon!

Not much more info at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Tiki/dp/B000H5U5IU/sr=1-1/qid=1160495849/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0359276-8823361?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

And... it's in my queue. I must see it. It'll be horrible, so maybe a mai tai or two first... or three...

~Rupe

T

Beware of the Dollar Store tikis. They're evil

T

These are the things found inside the hollow resin tikis from Christmas Tree Shoppe. Run!!

That headline looks mighty suspect if you ask me.

I've been getting lots of spam about the same problem.

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2006-10-10 09:33 ]

Took a little digging but I found it. Phew! I was getting a little worried.
Thanks for the heads-up!

T

I'm a fan of bad movies especially horror or sci fi. So I must have this movie!

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Oct 10, 2006 2:49 PM

They should have premiered this thing at the "Tikis and Terrors" show.
also:

TK

from movies unlimited:

"If you thought Greg Brady's experiences with a Tiki statue were scary, check out this offbeat horror tale following a drama student who moves from Hawaii to the mainland to pursue her craft. After a prank by a vicious group of co-eds leaves her in a near-vegetative state, her spirit possesses a magical Tiki idol and she begins taking revenge against her enemies. Stars a bright young cast. 120 min. Standard; Soundtrack: English Dolby Digital stereo; biography; featurette; theatrical trailer."

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D96163&redir=%2Fmusite%2Fdvd_listing.asp%3Fid%3D%26n%3D&mscssid=CTCG5JWQRPP48G4MT77JK28L1QARF753

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 10, 2006 8:16 PM

Gotta love dodgey tiki horror movies :)

just in time for Halloween

[ Edited by: IsleConch 2006-10-10 21:24 ]

R

Well, we did get the DVD from Netflix in time for Halloween...
but unfortunately I was making Mai Kai Barrels O'Rum that night...
and...
I could not stay up for the whole thing. It kicks into gear pretty fast, though, and seemed unrelenting. It's done with a fair amount of humor too.

Did look at some of the extras and they were kinda fun. It's definitely gory, so if that's not to your taste don't rent it. Am thinking about trying again next Halloween if "DEMON RUM" doesn't have its way with me again.

Best,
Rupe

Sequel Idea: TIKI vs. TIKI BAR TV!

[ Edited by: rupe33 2006-11-14 14:40 ]

Boy, you must have been really lit up. :) Those barrels of rum are dangerous. I don't know about the gory part, though. I think it's red water. I don't even think they were using ketchup. It was a fun movie, but laughably bad. Having said that, I'd totally buy a copy of it. Thanks for the heads-up. I hate to think I would have missed it.

[ Edited by: TikiJosh 2006-11-15 11:04 ]

F

I just watched this last night thanks to Netflix. Now I love B and bad horror movies. But this one was really bad. I agree with Tikijosh, They really used some really watery blood.

T

Sequel Idea: TIKI vs. TIKI BAR TV!

TikiBar TV could use the dollar store tiki and make their own version just as bad or go way higher effects with that. TikiBAR could never run out of ideas if they used some of the inside jokes that pop up on TC from time 2 time. Scottish Clown doctor do little

T

On 2006-11-15 11:24, fenrir wrote:
I just watched this last night thanks to Netflix. Now I love B and bad horror movies. But this one was really bad. I agree with Tikijosh, They really used some really watery blood.

I'm with you. I love some bad movies but this was bad by my standards. Thats bad.

This is from my pal Fred Olen Ray, who also made "Curse of the Erotic Tiki." I knew he was working on a horror flick called "Tiki" but I didn't know it was out yet. He's a big tiki freak. He's been making low budget horror flicks for decades, sort of the modern Roger Corman. His company Retro Media releases a lot of classic drive-in flicks, including his own....http://www.retromedia.org/

Here's an interview with director or "Tiki":
http://www.spokane7.com/movies/stories/?ID=4279

[ Edited by: AquaZombie 2006-11-18 11:05 ]

P
pdrake posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 9:09 PM

this movie made me laugh out loud several times. the scene where the tiki was wearing the flip flops and the one where it's climbing the brick wall. oh, mah, gawd!!

i highly reccommend this movie if you just want to laugh at a very, very, very, very bad movie.

ooga booga

(yes, that's a line the tiki says in the movie.)

That kind of a script just really scares me. I remember going to the drive-in as a kid and seeing so many of these bad scary movies.....but they had great music when the virgin was being sacraficed.

I just watched this movie..even the tom collins I was drinking couldn't help...don't get me wrong I'm all for indie movies... but this one should have been left in the can.

P
Pyro posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2009 9:42 PM

wow. just got this from netflix. it was awful. I love bad movies though, and was entertaining. And I dare say, it was at least better than "Curse of the Erotic Tiki".

Pages: 1 19 replies