Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

Britiki goes a right royal Bratiki!

Mahiki Menu - illustrated by yours truly, appeared in the National Newspaper [News of the world] yesterday on page 5.

S

Wow, great publicity! That ought to keep the joint hopin' for a while!

M

Yeah, Mahiki is really starved for attention.

P

Poor martiki, no Royals to drink your menu up in one night.

You need to send the Prince an invite!
Or Ted Kennedy, he could do it.

I had heard about this place, but not seen the thread.
Absolutely amazing looking!!
, and keep up the great work on doing Drinks the right way.
We need more Tiki Bars doin' it that way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Early in the thread there is mention that the drinks are served in a diver's helmet and treasure chest, etc. Are there any photos of those?

On 2007-04-16 12:01, Digitiki wrote:
Early in the thread there is mention that the drinks are served in a diver's helmet and treasure chest, etc. Are there any photos of those?

In answer to your question...Yes! We've used the second 'Pieces of Eight - Treasure Chest' photo in POCKETIKI #2 in our lowdown on London's MAHIKI Bar! The first shows the bottle of champagne being poured over the fresh strawberries to finish it off a treat!

The second shows a group of young folk, used to be one myself you know, enjoying the 'Pieces of Eight'.

I don't have a photo of the ultra cool 'Neptune's Bounty - Mini Diver's Helmet' but believe me they are way cool, all brassy and coppery...Mmmmmmmmm shiny things!

Check out our article in POCKETIKI #2 for a no punches pulled expose of London's hottest tiki establishment, as opposed to Trader Vic's which has always been, and will always be...the coolest!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai or a Mahiki Ultimate Mai-Tai both are spot on!

PS. TIKIRACER! I picked up a copy of the NEWS OF THE SCREWS...How neat was that? You couldn't afford that kind of promotion my friend! An advert that size in a 'national' paper would cost an absolute fortune. WELL DONE! BRITIKI Rules...even if William or Harry never will at this rate!!!

You know, I saw the Prince William story on the local news here in my little neck of the woods, of all places. They called the Mahiki a trendy London hot spot. I laughed to myself because I know how some people despise the word trendy. Then my friend e-mailed me this class piece of gossip. Celebrity is a double-edged sword. I hope the paparazzi factor doesn't ruin your place in the aftermath. But congrats for the free world press in the meantime! People don't usually flock en masse to crap places so I'm assuming it's for the drinks as well as the ambiance. I know when ever I make it to the UK the Mahiki has been on the top of my list of places to see, now I just hope I can get in!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies