Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mahiki - New London TIki Bar - secret photos

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

Secret spy pics of the NEW tiki bar in London, called the Mahiki. You
didn't see these, I was never there...

Anyone have any info on the opening date for the Mahiki? I'll be in London in late December and would love to check it out!

V

Yes, it should be open very very soon (like next week ?)

WOW!!!!

Can't wait to visit (and stagger out) looks really good, top job all round!!

its great to have another oasis in this country (and I don't mean the "our kid" Beatle lite, one eyebrow kind.)

So are we gonna have a pre Christmas UK tikiphile get together?

Myself and my wahine will be up for it.

Good to see so much progress. I'm really looking forward to visiting at the end of the month. Save a Mai Tai (or 3) for me!

T

Is it true that Madonna is hosting a party for her new snatch & fly child.

Lookin Good!

I like the lighting a lot. Sort of modernized, isn’t it? Great!

KK

On 2006-10-24 08:02, TikiLaLe wrote:
Is it true that Madonna is hosting a party for her new snatch & fly child.

You don't know how close this could be to the truth!
I will let on more once we are open properly next week

Here's some more spy pics to keep you going...

I got to design all the branding for this project and once the Mahiki is open I'll share the work I did.

Thanks to Cheekytiki for getting me aboard.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 5:07 AM

Nice mix of modern and traditional tiki bars - very nice.

Wish somebody in New York would get their act together and do up a place like that.

On 2006-10-25 05:07, tikiracer wrote:

I got to design all the branding for this project and once the Mahiki is open I'll share the work I did.

Thanks to Cheekytiki for getting me aboard.

tikiracer's work for Mahiki is gorgeous! Wait until y'all see the menu he designed.

For more "secret" Mahiki photos, visit CheekyTiki's blog:

http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/index.html

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2011-09-02 03:38 ]

Wow! The spirit of Joe Banks will be carried on, very cool! I love those rock walls! And some of the Tikis look vintage, are they collected, or repros?
Congrats Cheekytiki and Tikiracer!

As a very fortunate eye witness to these happenings, I can affirm that everyone at Cheekytiki deserves a lot of credit and recognition! It will definitely be a tiki landmark on this side of the pond!

[ Edited by: tikidrome 2006-10-29 01:32 ]

Some more shots

http://www.cheekytiki.com

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2006-11-05 02:14 ]

V
virani posted on Sun, Nov 5, 2006 2:38 AM

Woaw, the final result looks amazing. You did an amazing job in a few weeks...

V
virani posted on Sun, Nov 5, 2006 2:40 AM

tikiracer, you should post pictures of the menu, I just love the design you did...
just look how amazed Pocketiki is by it :

[ Edited by: virani 2006-11-05 02:42 ]

Looks like the perfect hidaway from the dark and cold season that's upon us now.

P

On 2006-11-05 02:40, virani wrote:
tikiracer, you should post pictures of the menu, I just love the design you did...
just look how amazed Pocketiki is by it :

Actually this isn't me (Trader Jim), it is a carefully constructed 'stunt double' made from surplus materials left over by CHEEKYTIKI after their awesome work on the MAHIKI! Three cheers & a Mai-Tai for Jamie & Anjy...Hic, hic, hooray! I was at the bar blowin' me brains out with Coconut Grenades! Thee coolest of tiki beverages!! When in London... Virani is right on the money though...TIKI RACER's artwork & designs for the MAHIKI are so evocative of all that is exotic. Truly inspired and spirited work - Keep it up my son! Evidence that BRITIKI is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Watch this space!! If you are at the MAHIKI on Friday come and say hello. I'll be the guy with a Coconut Grenade in one hand, my lovely wahine in the other, and a stoopid grin from ear to ear! Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Trader Jim - Pocketiki Magazine.

Coconut Grenade...is that the Mahiki drink of choice?

I'll also be there with a stupid grin, a beautiful wahine and various drinks.
Look for the green aloha shirt and coco joe pendant.

Roll on Friday.

Cheers

Bugger my wahine is ill so I can't make it tonight.
Please take plenty of pics. I'll have to get there soon though.

On 2006-11-10 04:18, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Bugger my wahine is ill so I can't make it tonight.
Please take plenty of pics. I'll have to get there soon though.

I don't think we're meant to meet. Too much mana in one room? Don't worry - I'll be sure to take plenty of photos.

Let me know next time you're in London. I'm all for visiting Mahiki again and again and again and ...

Hope your wahine gets well soon,
Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2006-11-10 04:55 ]

Cant make tonight, so pull out the pin and lob over a few Coconut Grenades for me!!!

Have fun everyone, and remeber drink responsibly, yeh right, who are they kiddin?

maybe we should get a pre Christmas Britiki get together arranged

On 2006-11-10 08:22, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
maybe we should get a pre Christmas Britiki get together arranged

It has been mentioned before so somehow we gotta sort it out. We are hoping to be launching Issue 2 of POCKETIKI magazine at the beginning of December so maybe that would be a good time. That way we can find a fair way of offering the limited edition of 50 colour cover/centrespread copies! Be there to bag a copy!! I'll have a word with a few people tonight at the MAHIKI and see if we can get the ball rolling before it's 2007!!! Jeeez! I can barely remember the Millennium? Gotta 'easy up' on those Mai-Tais. One problem... the MAHIKI does a killer 'chili' MAT-TAI and the ULTIMATE MAI-TAI that is to die for! 'Easy up' my arse! Whoa...I don't mean easy up my....Mind you, after a few drinks, blimey...don't even go there! Now where's the car keys? We got a tiki bar to visit! Keys...keys...keys...Oh Bugger!

Hope to meet up with you guys soon and hope you are both in good health a.s.a.p.

Take care - Trader Jim (you know what mine'll be!)

Jusht got back from the Ma...Ma...HIKI, MAHIKI, yeah, jusht got back and it was really, really, really great, no not great, FANTASTIC, no not FANTASTIC...BRILLIANT, yeah, BRILLIANT! It was so cool and BRILLIANT, did I already say BRILLIANT? Yes? No? Well it was, it was FANTASTIC, no not FANTASTIC...BRILLIANT! Did I already say BRILLIANT? Well whatever, it was so...so...what was I saying? Oh yeah, it was FANTASTIC, no not FAN...Oh bugger, those drinks are devilishly intoxicating, what the hell are they putting in them? wgd!88jcdJyj**0hdm...Who jusht moved my keypad thingy, uh? Oh sorry, did I? Well as I was saying....what was I saying? Yes! That's right, the drinks! What about them? Oh yeah, they role! Role? No, rule! They Rule! Blew me brains out again with a Coconut Grenade, you could have heard the 'pop' from a foot away! That's twelve inches in British money, and about a centimetre in European Euros! Haven't a clue old chap as to what it is in dollars? 7 maybe 23? Anyway I digre...digre...ssss, yeah, I digress, what was I saying, oh yeah, the drinks. The signature, hic, the signature MAHIKI was pretty potent, hic, and as for their ULTIMATE MAI-TAI? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! FANTASTIC, no not FANTASTIC...BRILLIANT! Did I already say...what? Yes my lovely I am putting my pyjamas on, hic, my pyjamas on. Anyway, as I was saying, did I already...no, what I was going to say is...hic, no not hic, MAHA...MAHA...MAHA...LO, yeah, MAHALO! Oh bugger, time for bed. Goodnight Tiki Centra...cCEntra, hic, Centrali...tes, yeah, good night Tiki Centralites! MAHA...MAHA...MAHA...LO! Hic! Ruddy hic...ruddy hic...ruddy hic...ups, yeah ruddy hic...cups!

Trader Jom, oh rats, those bloody keys keep movin' about! Trader Jim, yeah, Trader Jim (make mine a hair of the dog!) Hic...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

Went to the Mahiki on Friday night too, what a great place and the kool cocktails, wow!! Drinking out of an actual coconut or pineapple, what a great idea. The decor is fantastic and it is so great to see another tiki bar over here! Jamie and Anjy have made a great job and it was great finally seeing the place in the flesh. Well done you two, keep up the good work!

Thought you'd might like to see the menu upclose.

I got to design the logo, menu, postcards and some patterns for window frosting vinyls.

Cocktail menu cover

Inside the menu
Cocktail lineup is amazing - by London bar consultants, Soul Shakers. With lots of unique barware, made by the Cheekytiki team. Yes, the drinks are served in an actual divers helmet, treasure chest...

Promo postcards

T

Your history in the making and that menu cover and menu looks super. I love that Neptune's drink. Is it really served like that. What an idea. Loved reading your story in the Pocketiki magazine where, Tikiracer.

T

OK, I see that they are in fact severed in a helmet.

M

Oy! Them's some nice snapshots of the new place in my favorite city, London. It looks very good, indeed. I have not been by this topic since the first few posts almost a month ago. Looks like a visit is in order.

Team midnite shall be in London town one night, yes...one night only!...during our next excursion to places far and farther. Dare I say, can a visit to Mahiki be included along with the requisite stop at Vic's? I must visit London Vic's, the ladies there just love me, for some reason I am a real hit with the London babes. At least at Vic's, actually, only at Vic's.

We'll be there in about a month, night of the 20th, that's wednesday I believe. It does appear Mahiki will have to be put on the itinerary. Must try Mai-Tai,and whatever else is within sipping distance.

For Christams, Santa is bringing me a new liver. I've been extra nice this year.

Traveling man,
midnite

Hey wow, the mahiki looks great. Nice architecture and fine Tikis.
And i also love the menu design!!! very good cover, communicate the feeling very well!
Nice work, i hope we will be able to visit you in London at the next Luau.

Wow, guys, how great to see the thing done right, by the right people, who are into it, and have the talent! Jamie and Anjy, you are supplying all those mugs, too? You must be in heaven! Man I wish I would be in Hamburg, I'd hop a ferry for the weekend, but here in the Bavarian foothills...it all seems so far away.
I have to make it for the next London Luau, hope I will be on the continent then!

Jamie, Have you got any of those mugs for sale to the public?

This has been such a great job from start to finish (although very hard.
We were given virtual Carte Blanche by the owners on everything from the original concept, naming through to design and build, hence getting to use the great talents of Tikiracer.
We also worked with the bar consultants on what has to be one of, if not the best cocktail menus in London (excluding TVs of course :wink:), all of the drinks are of superb quality made by a team made up from our countries best young bartenders. The food is fun too with things like "Shrimp my ride"(Tempura prawns), "Sushi in the sky with diamonds" and more
The mugs will be available to the Public soon and it will be one of the venues for next years 'London Luau', but you don't have to wait till then.

Excellent menu and graphics, cant wait to see the mugs and to visit Mahiki myself, love the look of "neptunes bounty", cant wait to see that beauty - "dive, dive, dive!!"

M

Am I reading that right? Does the pieces of eight really cost 70 pounds?

Can you fill us in on the drink pricing at Mahiki?

Yes it does, but it is an extremely large drink for eight people served in a treasure chest and contains a whole bottle of champagne along with Mahiki grog, brandy, peach liqueur lime and sugar. For Two it's a bad hangover as me and Patrick, the manager from TVs found out.
Mahiki's pricing range for coctails starts at £6.50 up to the Pieces of eight at £70, it may sound pricey but they fly out the door, especially in this part of town.
The drink prices are also pretty much in line with most of Londons Cocktail bars and only use freshly squeezed organic juices and premium spirits

Thanks for all the great feedback on the menu, I had loads of fun doing and hope that shows through.

Spent a great day with some tiki pals in the British Museum, checking out the Power and Taboo Exhibition, then scoped out some bookshop and rounded off the day with a trip to the Mahiki.

Here's some more pics of details:

Using my new camera - tikimatic2000 [which captures aloha on film]

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2006-11-23 09:24 ]

TT

WOW! Simply wow!
We vowed to check out other destinations in Europe before we go back to London, but I think Scotland just has jumped to the top of the list. Fly in to and out of London--worry about getting to and out of Scotland at the Mahiki.

[ Edited by: ted tiki 2006-11-23 21:34 ]

So I'll be in jolly old England the week after Christmas... in London specifically on Dec 30th and 31st. I definately want to make a stop at the Mahiki during the short visit. But I really don't know my way around London at all. I also haven't selected any hotels yet for those two nights. Can anyone help this poor California boy nagivate their way to the Mahiki, or suggest any good hotels in the area?

Is there anything swingin' gonna be going down on New Year's Eve there?

Heres another picture of one of the tikis outside, unfortunately some idiots blocking the picture.

and another

Hang on found another, where at least the tiki is visable

http://www.cheekytiki.com

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2006-11-26 02:30 ]

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2006-11-26 02:33 ]

U

I was excited about going to the Mahiki on my next trip to London. But if that's the kind of lowlifes that are frequenting this establishment then to Hell with it. I'll just nip down to the nearest freehouse for a pint. LOL All kidding aside, I guess I better put on my best Aloha shirt for this joint!

On 2006-11-21 17:09, cheekytiki wrote:
only use freshly squeezed organic juices and premium spirits

Oh, those magic words! Such a beautiful thing. And the pictures are SO enticing. Wish I could be there! Someday...

I'll be there in May for the Heineken Cup Final at Twickenham so this place is definitely on the list. I just hope some of the initial glitz has died down about as I hate being harassed by the pop-o-razzi. Can't wait to endulge myself with that drink menu. I'll also stop by next September when I am over for the World Cup matches in Cardiff. Mele Kalikimaka to all and to all a good night!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies