Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One-of-a-kind Tiki Murphy (wall) bed for sale

Pages: 1 0 replies

If you live in the Bay Area and need room for extra guests, this is the item for you. We have a rather fabulous tiki "Murphy" bed which we have owned for the last 10 years. It is a full-size, custom-made piece - very well constructed and easy to put up and down. Our guests rave how comfy it is. It has only ever been used by the occasional houseguest, so the condition is excellent.

My husband is a creative director and had the tiki imagery recreated from the cover art of one of our vintage albums - "South Sea Island Magic" by Alfred Apaka and his Hawaiian Village Serenaders (Decca DL 8180). The sleeve notes tell us that the painting "...is an accurate depiction of the new Kaiser Hawaiian Village Hotel." The decal is applied to the outside of the bed, and repeated on the inside. It has built-in overhead lighting and the inner shelf is an ideal spot to display tiki mugs (not included in sale).

Unfortunately, we have moved and we now have to sell it, preferably to a good tiki home. That, or toss it onto Craig's List and run the risk that someone will tear off the artwork and bamboo trim, which would be a real shame.

The dimensions are 89" high, 16" deep (when folded up), 89" deep (when folded down) and 64" wide (the frame). I think the mattress is full size rather than queen.

We live in SoMa and would be able to show it to buyers in situ - my husband will deconstruct it with the buyer and explain how to put it back together. I'm looking for an offer close to $750. Hoping someone knows someone who would love this bed.

Pages: 1 0 replies