Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Demise of the pink flamingo

Pages: 1 9 replies

i have 2 ,but they are concrete. guess io will have to score a couple plastic ones.....soon!

..looks like some companies expressed interest in buying it....i wouldn't worry about it....stuff like this will never go away...it's like lava lamps, martini lamps and scores of other americana items that seem to enjoy a resurgence with every new generation.....now stop worrying about it and finish your mai tai....i'm ready to pour another round...

What we really need to worry about is if the Avian flu virus ever mutates and hits the plastic pink flamingo population.

Vern

F
foamy posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 8:28 AM

I dig mine. I was going to get a new pair as mine have faded a bit. Guess I better jump. My friends don't think much of them, but they've gotten used to me.

Anyone like those colored reflective balls that sit on a concrete pillar? My Grandmother used to have one and I think I may have to too.

I have 3, down from 5.

Love the Pink Flamingos.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Apr 7, 2010 7:07 AM

"With our plastic products, we brought poor taste to the poor people."
Donald Featherstone

I want to do some diner decor in my kitchen and a tropical scene over my kitchen cabinets with some pink flamingos...I know...TACKY, but that's me!!! I have some ceramic flamingos that I will probably end up using. Last year I gave my plastic lawn flamingos to a friend since my HOA would kill me if I put them out. Just ordered some replacements of the plastic ones though as I wanted to see what they would look like in the kitchen...I was so surprised to get them...wrong color pink...boo hoo...wish I had my old ones back.

K

My pink flamingos didn't survive the winter this year...

I have eight of these - 4 in the yard, 2 at the office, and 2 more for inside.

I have two. I only roll them out for special occassions. That keeps them in decent shape.

Pages: 1 9 replies