Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Blue Whale mug? Looking for info.

Pages: 1 11 replies

I recently found this mug at a flea market in Pollock Pines, CA. When I first saw it, I thought it was a vase, etc.. Upon closer inspection, I found there to be a little "islander dude" on the inside bottom of the mug. You can't see him well in the pic, but he is laying on his back with his hands behind his head. Pretty cool mug. I was wondering if anyone has come across one of these or have any insight about this mug?

:tiki:

I am no help at all but I think its a great find!!!

Thanks! It's not a Tiki, it still has appeal. I really like the guy in the inside bottom of the cup. I'm going to try to get a better pic to see if anyone recognizes the trademark (if it is a trademark). By the way whale, I think this would fit well in your collection. :D

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-17 17:40 ]

I was thinking of the same song myself. Here are a few shots of the inside. It is pretty hard to get a clear shot with the cam I have.

T

No Jonah in the Belly but Fil wins the prize for remembering seeing this mug... I showed him it before I bought it off of eBay.

Here's where mine is from

& bad picture but made by John Todd Co Seattle in '82

Thanks Tikisgrl!!

Although MM, your's looks older than the one posted by tikisgirl. So perhaps they copied an older design, and remade it at one point?

Chris

I'm not sure, Tg's mug has inscriptions on the bottom..my cup does not(I kind of wish it did though).
:drink:

Is there a cocktail called the whale, whaler, blue whale etc..?

T

if its from Maui, I would say that it makes it a mug in the tiki mug club. Does anyone know if that bar it came from sell other tiki mugs or is it even still around?

F

I have had my whale mug with the guy inside for years It has John Todde Seattle usa but no date or company. Has there been any more info as to where it is from. i thought and use it as a vase

Pages: 1 11 replies