Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

tikiyaki orchestra - new exotica for download

Pages: 1 37 replies

Hey all,

My Exotica / Lounge project The TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA has new clips for listening and downloading at :

http://www.cuefactory.com/music.html LISTEN to the clips in the Exotica section.

DOWNLOAD the clips at http://www.cuefactory.com/store.html

Thanx to Chongolio's excellent http://www.coconutwired.com Podcast , I've received some requests for downloads, so mahalo Chongolio and everyone who inquired. :)

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2006-10-25 12:32 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2006-10-25 12:33 ]

K

I'm listening right now...

Excellent work!

S
squid posted on Fri, Nov 3, 2006 12:23 AM

Very tasty stuff! Can't wait to hear a full blown CD (or 8-track). Keep it goin' man!

R
rupe33 posted on Fri, Nov 3, 2006 4:10 AM

Bought these tracks and quite like them! Definitely let us know when a CD is available... keep up the fine work!!

Best,
Rupe

T

Aloha All

There is a new song "Crossing Kiluea", posted on http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com for listen and $.99 download. More of a latin flavor exotica track.

Check it out.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-02-11 17:51 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-02-11 17:52 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-02-11 17:52 ]

S

Great stuff! Sign me up for the CD!

[ Edited by: spy-tiki 2007-02-11 21:34 ]

ditto , I want to buy a real cd when you have one ready
great stuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Mahalo

Spy, and Big Tiki dude....Thanx....I will naturally make the big announcement when the CD is available.

In the Meantime, there are 2 new songs to download.

"The Road to Punalu'u" , and a nice, slow Hawaiian style one named "Koko Sufu", which marks my debut at playing Hawaiian lap steel....That's a tough instrument to play...I muddled through. :o

For the other tracks on the record, I've managed to persuade Gary Brandin, from the Blue Hawaiians to play. He's an AMAZING steel player, in case you've never heard the Blue Hawaiians, I HIGHLY recommend their "SWAY" album, as well as a record he did with his son called The Vanduras. "Sway" is one of my absolute favorite surf record, bar none.

Anyway, once I have all the tracks finished he'll be doing his thing on a number of tracks.
Check out the new tracks at http://www.tiiyakiorchestra.com

Aloha

Sounds great! My faves are 'exotique' and 'The Road to Punalu'u'
Did you try to add Birdcalls on 'exotique'? I could imagine that this could sound fantastic.
I watch out for the album!

[ Edited by: lemonsqueezer 2007-03-27 16:11 ]

T

mahalo lemonsqueezer....

"Exotique" was the second song I did for this record ( "Mai tais on the Moon" was the first) and was recorded a few years ago, before there ever was an intent to release anything. Now that I've committed myself to releasing an actual record, the more recent stuff has become more elaborate, production-wise. "Crossing Kileua" pretty much raised the bar on how the songs should sound, so, things like birdcalls and jungle sounds will be added to some of the older tracks as I get closer to finishing everything.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, once I get the Lap steel on these tracks (some, not all) it will go to another level.

That being said, I love the recordings as they are, but I know I will juice them up before the CD release, so that everything sounds as good as possible.

Brilliant stuff - listening to it now.

Release more (easy for me to say) verrrry nice

Cheers

T

** TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA UPDATE ***

Aloha All....

First off...thanx to everyone from here who downloaded songs from http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com !!! I hope you're diggin' the tunes, and they're accompanying your Mai tai well :)

Haven't posted any new songs as of late, but there IS news....

TC's own Brad Parker aka Tiki Shark is bestowing his artistic genius to the The Tikiyaki Orchestra CD.... He's doing the cover art, and so far it looks great !!!

This is very exciting having a great artist like Brad giving visual life, and Big Island inspired art to the music. In case you haven't already see his stuff...go to http://www.tikishark.com and see his work...Great stuff!!!

Also...gary Brandin from the Blue Hawaiians laid down some amazing Hawaian Steel guitar on 3 tracks (maybe more, if time permits) and took it to a whole nother level...

Very Exciting stuff...the record is almost complete, and I'm pushing for a realease by End of June / July.

Also, the Drink Coasters will be included in the CD packaging, as well as a drink umbrella in the front spine of the CD case...making for a nifty package.

This will be limited to the first pressing of 1000.

These Coasters will also be showing up in Goody bags at various Tiki Events around the county and abroad, so look for them at the events....

Aloha for now.

Jim

Tikiyaki Orchestra

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-05-17 16:15 ]

sounds great. Can't wait,

I keep listening to the 6 songs.

how many songs are you gonna have total.
Can you please Ask Gary when he's gonna do another Vanduras cd?

Mahalo, you da kine, bruddah
Jeff(bigtikidude)

IZ

Really looking forward to it! Great stuff!

~glen

T

There will be 11 or 12 songs total...

Gary told me that him and his son are starting a new Vanduras CD very soon.

Great record huh ? I LOVE that "Rope and Pineapples" song....He shreds...

I'm really hoping for 12! And of course, 13 is my favorite number!

What I've heard is amazing! How often does a great NEW exotica album come out? Really! Not that freaking often! This is a really great project to be a part of. I'm thrilled to be able to help out!

Aloha~

On 2007-05-17 20:59, tikiyaki wrote:

Yeah I love the Blue Hawaiians too, but that Vanduras is just over the top.
I call it audio Heroin, I put it on and nod out in 2 songs.
thats a good thing, no drugs wanted or needed.
maybe some RUM though :)
thanks for the info,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-18 17:58 ]

T

On 2007-05-18 17:57, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2007-05-17 20:59, tikiyaki wrote:

Yeah I love the Blue Hawaiians too, but that Vanduras is just over the top.
I call it audio Heroin, I put it on and nod out in 2 songs.
thats a good thing, no drugs wanted or needed.
maybe some RUM though :)
thanks for the info,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-18 17:58 ]

Audio heroin...LOL....I love the Vanduras and the Blue Hawaiians...I think "Sway" by the BH is one of my favorite records EVER....I've owned it probably 9 years now, and STILL listen to it all the time. I wish they would sing less and go back to this instrumental style...they are SOOO good at it. "The Last Days of Summer" from that record is definitely Audio Heroin.

WooooHoooo! What a Tiki-rrrfic CD. Tikiyaki gave out his sampler CD along with this coaster at The Tonga Hut on Saturday Night. This is going to be a CD that everyone will need to add to their music collection.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-05-28 20:46 ]

TM

I love me some tikiyaki!!

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2007 12:38 AM

The sampler is awesome Jim! Thanks. Can you make another sampler of the other tracks that aren't on this sampler? :)

T

On 2007-06-05 00:38, squid wrote:
The sampler is awesome Jim! Thanks. Can you make another sampler of the other tracks that aren't on this sampler? :)

(In my best Curly, voice) Ahh...a WYSE guy huh, nyuk, nyuk!!!

Actually, CD is going to press mid month....CD's by the end of June. Drink Umbrellas, coasters and all....

BTW.... Awesome art by TikiShark man Brad Parker, escpecially the inside, which is B/W, but doesn't suffer from lack of color...just wait and see :)

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-06-05 22:00 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-06-05 22:01 ]

R
rubz posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 6:59 AM

"Exotique" was the second song I did for this record ( "Mai tais on the Moon" was the first) and was recorded a few years ago, before there ever was an intent to release anything. Now that I've committed myself to releasing an actual record, the more recent stuff has become more elaborate, production-wise. "Crossing Kileua" pretty much raised the bar on how the songs should sound, so, things like birdcalls and jungle sounds will be added to some of the older tracks as I get closer to finishing everything
http://www.twincitiesfun.com

T

Well, I have no idea, why you quoted me from my email, but hey, that's cool... :)

Anyway, Here is the cover, Most excellent art by Brad Parker, aka Tiki Shark.

Record is going to press June 15th, and we're lookin at an official "street date" of July 1st.

M

Love the music and will buy the album in a blink! It's great, great stuff.

http://TelstarLounge.blogspot.com

On 2007-06-06 12:36, tikiyaki wrote:
Well, I have no idea, why you quoted me from my email, but hey, that's cool... :)

Anyway, Here is the cover, Most excellent art by Brad Parker, aka Tiki Shark.

Record is going to press June 15th, and we're lookin at an official "street date" of July 1st.

Will it also be available for download? Love your stuff BTW.

T

On 2007-06-07 20:53, Vonratnick wrote:

Will it also be available for download? Love your stuff BTW.

Mahalo...Yes....It will be avaiable for download, tho' I may keep a few tracks as CD only tracks.

Yes, down load vs CD.
Liner notes or no liner notes?

I just got my VooDoo II CD. And I gotta say I loved seeing the liner notes and photos of Robert in the studio. Of course, I then downloaded it to my I pod, and put the CD away. It's like back up storage I guess, with all my other CDs. I noticed Robert's CD didn't have the cool wrap around art like we did. I always think of a CD still as a small Album. Now, it's a cover art by SHAG, so that's awesome! If I only downloaded, and then my hard drive crashed, and I wasn't smart enough to back it up, very likely, I'd loose all my music! Yikes! Maybe CD's are for lazy people like me who don't back up enough?

Well, CD or no, This Tikiyaki album is kicking!

I heard from a friend that the tikiyaki Orchestra cd is available now.
is this true?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

On 2007-06-27 16:36, bigtikidude wrote:
I heard from a friend that the tikiyaki Orchestra cd is available now.
is this true?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes Sir ! Now available.

sweet thanks,
jeff(bigtikidude)

cool trip down memory lane,
interesting to see who chimed in on this,
and even more so, who didn't chime in on this.
:o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Three possibilities come to my mind:

• potential commenters like it, but are broke
  • potential commenters don’t like the music and would rather not make a bad comment
  • bigtikidude said it already

[ Edited by: Kawentzmann 2009-07-20 10:54 ]

On 2006-11-03 00:23, squid wrote:
Very tasty stuff! Can't wait to hear a full blown CD (or 8-track). Keep it goin' man!

Wow, the new tunes are so far out! I too am so jazzed! Keep on truckin' !!

I think Squid was referring to the tunes Jim had up on the site,
even before the first cd came out,
and I believe that was way before he joined the band.
nothing to do with the new cd at all.
:o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I know this is a OLD thread,
but wanted to bump it up for the hell of it,

and thought that this post on SG101,
would be a good reason to do it.
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/17367/

Surf fans are really catching onto what Tikiyaiki is doing.

Cheers to Tikiyaki Orchestra.
and here is to many more years of great music and great times.

Jeff(btd)

T

Thanx, jeff....it's nice to see that we're crossing over into the surf microcosm and getting some love there.

It' a nice change from 2 years ago when a guy came up to my vending table and said" yea, I've heard of em'....it's an acquired taste" :o

Back at Don the Beachcomber for NYE show. 2014

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48314&forum=17&11

Pages: 1 37 replies