Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Tiki Christmas Stockings

Pages: 1 10 replies

Following in the success of the stockings I designed for Party Partners a few years ago, I am delighted to present two new styles. These felt stockings are individually hand crafted by me. each stocking comes with a small tiki infused with Mana to ensure you receive that special gift! Production has been limited to 50 of each style. "Ornament Totem", and "Bamboo Spirit" sell for $30.00 ea shipping included. sophista-Tiki.com is not an official website yet, sorry. but I will provide ordering info to all interested. several have already sold to the local crowd with rave reviews! Dawn

So this was the mystery TikiTotem project you mentioned! Very sweet and fun! You're such a perfect blend of artist,designer,and cool person! My wahine looooves your VW! I bet cutting all that felt was exhausting but worth it.Wasn't it Matisse who, in his later years,would cut gouache colored papers with scissors,then have his assistant arrange it on the wall? Last year I got hooked on colored tissue paper collage and tinting for backgrounds,etc. Sooo tempted to start glueing macaroni and pasta on paper plates,then spray painting 'em gold!You are an inspiration Dawn! Thanks for giving us little windows into your world!

I had a request to post the pics of the felt christmas products I designed for PP
here they are. Dawn

R
rupe33 posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 8:08 PM

Heya Dawn -
I was given the green/orange stocking last year as a gift and it's much appreciated! Not sure where you are, but they made it to the Washington DC area...
It's a festive part of our holiday tradition!

Mahalo for your design!
~Rupe

Hope all had a nice time over the thanksgiving weekend.
Now that we're past that holiday, I want to update everyone on the felt stockings,

Purchase of these stockings will help fund the development of the museum project. I am trying to raise the money to pay for filing the non profit paperwork.
Order soon so you will receive your stocking before Christmas.
PM me with your information and I will ship them out asap. Dawn

S

WOOOOOHOOOOOO
I stopped by Miss Dawn's swingin' cool pad last night (di the mood lighting!) to pick up my tiki
stockings!!! yup, had to have one of each!!! Too cool to try to choose just one!!! They are absolutely swellegant, Way cool, nifty and all that jazz!!! I can't wait to use mine!!! They will be most excellent next to the Silver Christmas tree!!! What's super cool too, is that
hte profits from the sales of SOPHISTA TIKI ART helps fund the DEVELOPMENT OF POLYNESIA AMERICANA this cool museum gig Dawn is working on.
Check out some of the info here....
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21353&forum=1&start=0

Totally RAd!!! I'll work for Mai Tais, and I have my uniforms already!!!!!
Wheeeeeee,
Good luck in this project Dawn!!!!

please read past page one to get to some really nifty info

Got my stocking today. Beautiful! Now I'm in the Christmas spirit!!

S

Hey Dawn, how many stockings do ya have left???

SWEEEET! Love the stockings Dawn!

Thanks, to alll who have purchased stockings, there are still pleanty left and I will be making another small batch of them. For any TCr who still wants to order one , get on it, cause I would like for the stockings to get to you before christmas. 3-5 days for west coast, and about one week for east coast. So far the people who have ordered and received their stockings have also recieved a special prize!!!!!!!! Maybe some of them will post pics. Dawn

the stockings were hung by the tikis with care, in hopes that St Mai Tai would soon arrive there!

both the new and older variety

fill 'em up!

Pages: 1 10 replies