Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

what I like about you

Pages: 1 13 replies

I like this group because for the most part everyone here is really nice and aren't stuck up or rude this is an asset to you all don’t change it!

M

I'll second that. Since joining, it has really struck me how versatile and talented so many members are. I am very humbled. I should probably keep my mouth shut more and just read and learn but nah...it's too much fun to enjoy a libation and share in the intoxica and exotica of it all.

I can't help but reminisce here about the "Just a Thought" thread we had going at one time. That one always manages to bring a tear to my eye....I was feeling love everywhere.

M

A. ...you hold me tight
B. ...you really know how to dance
C. ...you keep me warm at night
D. all of the above

-martin

On 2003-01-03 15:59, martiki6 wrote:
A. ...you hold me tight
B. ...you really know how to dance
C. ...you keep me warm at night
D. all of the above

Thanks Martin -- I just spewed juice all over my monitor. :)

M

Oh sure, everyone is giggles and hugs...until someone introduces a Tiki Gardens bootleg cd into the mix. Then, well if you missed it or have a weak constitution it's best to not have seen what happened, but imagine Jerry Springer mates with Geraldo...and the offspring is without their respective charms. It was uglier than Madonna after the airline lost her makeup case.

Then...eeek, there was the Ren Clark severed head mug free-for-all. Now that made the Tiki Gardens cd lovefest look like Romper Room.

Yep, we get along pretty well and all, but throw in the odd rare Tiki collectible and it's gonna be a fright night worthy of a Stepehen King story...with Jimmy Buffett providing the soundtrack.

"Jimmy Buffet?"
Yeah, Buffett!
"Oh yeah!?!"
Well, the jerk store called and they're running out of you!
"Yeah?, well I slept with your wife!"
Oh yeah? Jimmy Buffett slept with your wife!

Tiki Spirit and all,
midnite

with Jimmy Buffett providing the soundtrack.

"Jimmy Buffet?"
Yeah, Buffett!
"Oh yeah!?!"
"Yeah?, well I slept with your wife!"
Oh yeah? Jimmy Buffett slept with your wife!

Tiki Spirit and all,
midnite

So true So tuue

S

On 2003-01-03 16:36, midnite_tiki wrote:

You're their all-time best seller...

man.....I hate that jerk...

but overall the people here are really nice and are actully helpful !

Yes they are. And funnier than sh*t for the most part.

I'm glad you didn't take that seriously. Some people take this stuff way to personally.

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-01-03 23:08 ]

I've just heard on good authority (Queen Liz 2 - The UK's foremost Tiki collector) that Buffett has been stockpiling Ren Clark mugs AND original Tiki Gardens LP's using his ever-growing Marguaritaville cash. He then plans to smash the whole lot of them to a vinyl/ceramic mush in front of 5,000 mulletted buffoons just to spite us.

Maybe we should've been nice to the tequila-quaffing fukka.

Trader Woody

On 2003-01-04 11:36, Trader Woody wrote:
Buffett has been stockpiling Ren Clark mugs AND original Tiki Gardens LP's to smash the whole lot of them to a vinyl/ceramic mush in front of 5,000 mulletted buffoons just to spite us.
Wow, Woody! Is this for real? Does Jimmy Buffett really give that much credence to the opinions (and insults) of Tiki fans?

Pages: 1 13 replies