gouache on paper
parties interested in acquiring this original should contact Roq La Rue
another 2 paintings to follow

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche 2006-11-09 16:52 ]

OHHHHH, AHHHHH, WOOOOWWW.

B

Woah, Kooch, Nice one.

I'm blown away! Enough to look at for hours! Masterfully painted as usual, Miles!

K
kooche posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 3:29 PM

thanks you guys

there are a bunch of cloesups on my blog...

koochekoo.blogspot.com/

mahalos!

S

A little late... but well worth the wait.

The 2007 La luz "California" show is going to be incredible.

Keep painting bro, little Erik needs some more Kooche hanging on his walls.

-S

K
kooche posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 5:07 PM

you are the man, man - thanks!

i'm getting so salty tomorrow with none other than darren ham! 6AM HB!!!

not my usual stomp but - F it...hey there is a show in laguna this weekend at the Surf Gallery that i'm going to hit with a couple of people - i may get some waves with a bunch of artists and shapers prior to the show ... wish you guys could make it - i may hit SD this weekend? want to grab a wave or two schedule permitting?

thanks again bro!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 5:15 PM

awesome! love it

K
kooche posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 5:03 PM

thanks you guys - one more to complete and it'll be the end of this years contribution to the TIKI ART NOW V3 installment - the last one is the black light painting with the multimedia elements - remember this one?

this one will take some time - i have an entire bar full of decorations and hanging dealy bobbers to paint and then make over with jewels and glitter!!! OOO!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 6:15 PM

Someone got cut in each painting. Your work is without peers.

V

I love the last one so far. Excellent.

K

thank you - thanks - thank'ems- gracias again - it means so much to me right now - you have no clue what encouragement is today - really - MAHALO!!!

K

sheeeeit - dang - sorry for the bumping - HTML QUIZZLER IN EFFECT MODE

[ Edited by: kooche 2006-11-10 08:41 ]

K

Salamandra en el Cuarto Verde

P

Absolutely incredible.
I could stare at these for hours, they're so much fun.

I dropped a shout out to you over on ohana and then discovered this thread. Obviously I was feeling the vibe of the new stuff calling me.

Your work just floors me.
Looking forward to buying you a few chi chis whenever I get back to LA.

OHMIGAWD!
Those are the coolest paintings I've ever seen!

H

Stunning! You've been a fantastic artist for a long, long time now, which makes it all the more impressive to see that you're still growing as an artist. Wish I could have seen Wahahine in person -- it must have been awe-inspiring.

K

thanks everyone - it's nice to have a fan base here - i can't tell you how many people i've met that know my work from TC and i don't ever hit the massive events - i merely enjoy the tiki ti just about once a week - but i've met a LOT of you...thanks!

i'm going to start a couple of new things tiki related tomorrow that'll eventually be available as prints - small format and affordable but no less colorful - more info to follow!

mahalos!

Phenomenal works, u are the gouache master! Your cartoons are so fun. Thanks for sharing.

ST

S

Dude-

Just seeing your stuff makes me smile, and that is a huge thing when I am starting a 30 hour work shift.

Hope to be visiting a "cuarto verde" with you sometime soon.

Thanks for posting and painting,

-S

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 15, 2006 8:29 AM

Not bad for an animator.

K

that's cartoonist wisenheimer

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 15, 2006 9:52 AM

That's not what Mr. Newcomb said, and stop wasting paint!

K

Mr Newcomb - is that you?

to me the difference between an animator and a cartoonist is as intrinsic as the difference between a fine artist and a designer - i know they seem to do the same thing but the last thing i was born to do is put drawings between another person's drawings - that's a deadbeat gig baby - sorry - i know you're an animator

T

I PMed you, anything, anything?

K

i hit you back via PM baby - painting right now ! thank you for the enthusiasm!

F

Whachoo saying about designers? I make things pretty too. Stop picking on me cause I sucked at painting in art school. I have to go cry now. sniffsniff*

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 9:25 AM

Don't cry Frosti (GROG pats Frostiki on the back consolingly) these painterly-type artists have been breathing paint fumes all day and it does things to their brains, so you have to forgive them their indiscretions.

K

pagan gods in christ man - please don't operate under the assumption (you know what they say about those) that you can only wear one of those hats exclusively - i'm a designer animator director producer cartoonist painter fine artist illustrator fashion maven - hows that for rocket booming??? go big with your bad self!

S

Keeeeeeeeeeeripes Miles! Thems is beautious paintings! Once again pushing the envelope. I'm always amazed and humbled.

K

humble thanks sir! i think i'm going to get me a squid full at the tiki and SOON!

you rock dude!

K

humble thanks sir! i think i'm going to get me a squid full at the tiki and SOON!

you rock dude!

(Wiping tears away) Thanks for the consoling, Grog. I know Kooche didn't mean it, but us sensitive designer types (where is the Damn sarcasm font, it keeps hiding on me) wish our brush skills were up to par with our Photoshop/Illustrator skills. Though the other half of Frostiki (Wife, not left side) is pretty talented at the painting. I'm still working on finding my niche in the tiki creativity. I think I found it in some burned wood panels. We did have some cool prints at the Hukilau that showed what a "designer" can do when they want to. Now I have to get back to fixing my sarcasm font.

K

i ***WISH ***there was a sacrasm font - so funny

P
K

i don't like to brag - but yeah i am a total music WHOPPPER of a WHOOORE!

though in this case i think the words "takes one to know one" apply

i need another external hard drive and BADLY!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 1:12 PM

On 2006-11-16 12:47, kooche wrote:
i need another "external hard drive" and BADLY!

Is that a drink at the Tiki Ti that we don't know about?

K

ha! it will be shortly -there are so many new "special specials" there based on the "new regulars" that are in the house every damn night - Alex is a great guy, try his special - for me it's the same lick no matter who walks in the door and concocts whatever - my drink has always been on the menu and it's easily in the top 10 drinks there

CHI CHI mofo! lookin good Miles, you are the tiki painting masta!

K

danny - from you baby - that means too much - i love your work!

YOU DA MAN!

Pages: 1 39 replies