Name:China Inn
Type:restaurant
Street:877 Hornblend St.
City:San Diego
State:CA
Zip:92109
Phone:858-483-6680

Description:
Good little Chinese restaurant in Pacific Beach area that has a separate bar where they make tiki drinks. The menu has a colorful page listing their tropical libations: Mai Tai, Navy Grog, Zombie, Missionary's Downfall, Planter's Punch, etc. Most drinks are $5 or $5.50. Also have Volcano Bowls. The food is pretty standard Cantonese, but good. The drinks are tasty. Plus, this place is a nice respite from the usual crazy bar scene in PB. While no tikis on the premisis, most drinks come in tiki or related mugs. Bar has a thatched roof overhang supported by two large ceramic poles made to look like bamboo. I had both the Mai Tai and Planter's Punch and thought they were both pretty good.

M
Moki posted on Sat, Nov 11, 2006 9:21 AM

This is one of our favorite places to eat. Thanks for posting about it.
But I beg to differ about the lack of any tiki on premises. We personally placed a Bosko on site at least five years ago.

If you look really hard you'll find it. If you give up, ask Amy the bartender. She'll point it out to you. They have named it Abraham.

Happy hunting!!

A

Thanks for the correction. I honestly didn't see it there, but I'll look more closely next time.

A

Here's a postcard I spotted on ebay showing what the China Inn used to looked like. The exterior really hasn't changed that much. Same rock wall out front. Building to the right is no longer there though.

"I am Lono!" -- Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge

[ Edited by: arriano 2011-02-26 11:52 ]

S

i've been to the china inn several times, and yes it still looks like that, cool drinks and good food. if your in the area give it a try.

A

Another Chinese restaurant with tiki drinks bites the dust. RIP Chinna Inn

Pages: 1 6 replies