Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island 11/26-11/29/08 Anyone?

Pages: 1 29 replies

Mrs. Lurker and I will be in Alameda for turkey day. Anyone up for Wed night before at FI? Hoping for Fri and Sat as well. Hope to see some of the ohana if your around.

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-02-27 20:55 ]

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-06-26 21:22 ]

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-11-20 22:51 ]

J

On 2006-11-17 13:14, Hinano_Paul wrote:
Also think we are going to Vic's for dinner! hope to meet some of you Nor Cal tc'ers!

Which Trader Vic's are you planning to visit, and what time? There are three in the Bay Area. I was just thinking about popping into the one in Emeryville tonight for a cocktail or two and would love to meet up with you there if that's the same one you were planning on.

CL

Wow, welcome. Not sure if we're going to be able to make it. What time were you planning on going to FI? Are you in for only one day?

Recommendations: Vic's in the city (San Francisco) is recommended for dinner. The have a $25 prix fixed 3 course special right now that's quite tasty. The places I would hit up here in this order, beyond FI of course, are the Tonga Room (Fairmont hotel, SF), Trader Vics (SF), Conga Lounge in Oakland, and the Kona Club in Oakland. If you only have time for TV and FI, you're good as well. Definitely try the Voodoo Priestess while at FI. Everything's really top notch on the menu.

On 2006-11-17 13:14, Hinano_Paul wrote:
Making our first trip to FI tonight from So. Cal, any suggestions??? Also think we are going to Vic's for dinner! hope to meet some of you Nor Cal tc'ers!

T.V. in Emeryville about 7:00 I believe, and should be at FI by 9-10, Hope to see you there, Just look for "the tiki bar is open" shirt. Have a party Sat evening so I think we only have Fri to party but you never know!

Leaving for the airport hooray, hope to meet some of you tonight.

Well finally had a chance to reply. First JenTiki, sorry we missed you plane was late and didn't get in till 7:45.

As for FI, WOW what a place! Glad we have family there so we can visit more often. Martin thanks a million for the hospitality you have a fine establishment and we look forward to seeing you again, soon I hope.

Finally Coco Loco, a pleasure meeting you and your significant other (sorry I'm terrible with names) we ended up back at FI on Sat and had another great time, also pretty sure we had all the concoctions you guys recommended were looking forward to seeing you guys hopefully at the Tiki Crawl!

Again for those of you who haven't been FI is a must visit tiki bar, Martin truly has a passion for tiki and it shows! my only disappointment was we forgot our camera!

Mauruuru to all and hope to see you all again soon!

Wow this place looks awesome...thanks for the pictures. I am going to check it out when I am off for New Year's week. I've got a craving for a Krakatoa. :)

On 2006-11-24 11:17, VampiressRN wrote:
I've got a craving for a Krakatoa. :)

Drat! The Krakatoa slipped off the menu a coupla months ago. :(

If you bring your own iced coffee, perhaps we can convince Martiki to whip one up!

Darnit!! I'm sure I will find something good anyway. Will try to catch a Wednesday or Friday night sometime....it sounds like such a fab place....and the menu looks awesome. :)

Mrs. Lurker and I will be returning to FI on 3-14 & 15 hope to see some of the Nor Cal Ohana while we are there - Mai Tai and Coco Loco hope to see you there and Bill if I kiss Maria know it's from Little Lost Tiki!

Ia Orana, Tei hea te fare inuinura'a? Hina'aro oe e inu? Or Hello, Wheres the bar? Do you want a drink?

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-02-27 21:00 ]

T

Bump. Who's in?

Kim and I will be at FI tonight working on the Kill-Devil list!

Spring Break!!! Woooo! (o)(o)

(()(|)())

J

Oh, what the heck! I don't have any other plans tonight! Gotta keep working on that list!

CL

Mai Tai and I are probably out tonight. Parents and family friends in town visiting and all...

Hinano_Paul and Mrs. Lurker, sorry to miss visiting with you...but I'm sure we'll see you down South sometime in the next few months. Have a great time at FI!

Of course, disclaimer here: All this may change at our whim and discretion...we may NEED a drink as the evening progresses and therefore have to sneak away from the events here. If ya see us, we'll be there. :wink: Have a great time guys!

J

On 2008-03-14 16:43, JenTiki wrote:
Oh, what the heck! I don't have any other plans tonight! Gotta keep working on that list!

Oops! Changed my mind. Long week, way too sleepy! Have fun kids!

WooHoo! We just received a text message from Mrs. Lurker. Hinano_Paul has just finished the menu at FI. Now he's on the rum list. YIKES!!!!

Congrats Hinano_Paul on finishing the Forbidden Island menu tonight!!! Besides the Capt.'s Grog seemed like those last few were kinda tough to get through. :)

Now the real challenge starts with the Kill-Devil list! At least you got the Murray McDavid's done.

On 2008-03-15 00:44, Tikitastic wrote:
Congrats Hinano_Paul on finishing the Forbidden Island menu tonight!!! Besides the Capt.'s Grog seemed like those last few were kinda tough to get through. :)

Now the real challenge starts with the Kill-Devil list! At least you got the Murray McDavid's done.

Mark/Kim,

great seeing you guys again..Now that new damn list...I got 6 in last night lets seee what damage I can do tonight! Viva La RUM!

Maitai - Thanks for stopping by great to see you too!

Haole Mackeral! I totally forgot about the FI menu when I was there week before last but I am pretty sure I finished it. Jen and Steph can vouch for me but other than a round of Zacapa 23 I bought on Tuesday night I hadn't gotten to the rum list. Oh well I'll have to get back out there again and get started on it. Paul good luck tonight, can they make a cocktail with Guinness?

What a weekend! Great to see the Nor Cal Ohana again! Mark, Kim, Bill, Thayer, Scott, and all those at FI always a pleasure! And brother Matt that Kill-Devil rum list is gonna be the death of me, but I want to be the first Tc'er not from the FI area to finish it off...7 down 90 to go!

M

I love it when folks get thru the FI menu. I random drank my way thru it...probably twice. Now I either drink the specials or stick to my most faves. hmmm maybe it's time for a new menu? :wink:

Mrs. Lurker and I will be in town for another weekend of debauchery! Hope to see some of the Nor. Cal Ohana! Mai Tai? Coco Loco? Thayer? Scott? And I need to work on my Kill-Devil rum list!

Ia Orana, Tei hea te fare inuinura'a? Hina'aro oe e inu? Or Hello, Wheres the bar? Do you want a drink?

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-06-26 22:17 ]

J

Well, I just got back from my 3rd visit to FI since Sunday, but what the heck! I suppose I could squeeze in another appearance or two before the week is out. Let us know what times ya'll are planning to be there.

We're shooting for 7:00-8:00 both nights.

MT

Funny thing, I'm supposed to be at the Tiki Ti this weekend, with Mark, Kim, and Nacho. D'oh!!! Nacho is going down to pick up the Ku Bar, and Mark is towing it back home in his Tikitastic Express Van. Well, Coco Loco isn't travelling with me, so she should be around this weekend. And it's not 100% confirmed that I'll be going to SoCal this weekend, so maybe I can help ya a little on that Kill Devil list!

Mrs. Lurker and I will be in Alameda for turkey day. Anyone up for Wed night before at FI? Hoping for Fri and Sat as well. Hope to see some of the ohana if your around.

Mai Tai's - Mai Tai?

Copyright © 2008 Moai Mafia, All Rights Reserved

May your first child be a Moai child..

[ Edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-11-20 22:53 ]

J

Pretty sure I'll be there at least on Wednesday. Don't know about Friday or Saturday yet. I'll let you know. It'll be nice to see you two again!

I will be at Forbidden Island Wednesday night. See you there!

Dammit! Wouldntcha know the TofuJoe and I will be outta town.

Drat!

Funny, we will be down in Orange County drinking at Kona that night. Looks like we're switching bars for the eve.

Pages: 1 29 replies