Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Big Kahuna Wheel of Debilitating Drunkeness

Pages: 1 7 replies

Well, this is my first foray into tiki inspired art. It is a carnival style spinner wheel made from a pine table blank, bolts, and mounted to a board with a metal sleeve in the hole to allow proper spin action. I painted the bolt through the mouth to look like a cigarette and even glued cigarette ash to the tip.

This was debuted at a luau last summer and is used in conjunction with drunk blackjack. Basically,you bet drinks(gulps) of beverage against the dealer and play just like regular 21. If a player loses, they may choose to challenge the Big Kahuna(dealer) by spinning the Wheel of Debilitating Drunkeness. If it lands on "Big Kahuna" you must consume a full mug of beverage(I used the Grog mug by Tikifarm). IF it lands on "Little Kahuna" you must consume a smaller mug(Don Ho Tikifarm). "Tourist" means a bystander must drink. "Dealer" means the dealer drinks the Big Mug(notice how it is a small section.) And on and on... Anyway, we all got really debilitated.

I like it...and I like the idea.

T

Great game I can see the family playing that after Thanksgiving Dinner.
Ok Granny spin the fucking wheel !!!!!

Arrsome!

You got to make the "Dunk"Grog" Tank" next!

I could see a whole old school tiki carnival at Oasis 7 or what not.

How many mugs can you break booth, gold fish in shot glass toss, etc.....

You're a freakin Genius! You need to keep that in your truck and tour the coast! Dunk GROG tank???? That attraction would be first on my list! Would there be a stick so we could keep pushing him under? :lol:

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2006-11-21 09:26 ]

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. I am completely inspired by all the kickass artists on TC.
Looking to carve tiki, mold some mugs, and who knows what else in the future. Keep an eye out(or an eyepatch if you're BambooBen)!

S
squid posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 9:06 AM

It's art! It's a drinking game! It's tiki! It doesn't get any better...
unless, of course, you're coming out with the compact travel version complete with mini-bar. :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 9:09 AM

On 2006-11-20 09:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
Arrsome!
You got to make the "Dunk"Grog" Tank" next!

Yeah, you know Ruzic would like that idea. Bastards.

Pages: 1 7 replies