Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

painting in process - blog

Pages: 1 8 replies

K

this is going to be a really limited color pallete - surfing is a new theme that's going to be predominant in my paintings - it's back in my blood!!!

it looks as though my return to tiki is official - but the time i spend painting on these new tiki peices is going to be limited - something like this would take a couple of days to finish before. now i'll spend a couple of weeks or a month depending on how much of a roll i am on for my next show or how busy i am with group endeavors. the up side is that image quality won't be rushed at all. understand that there may not ever be another exclusively tiki show from me and that it's going to be one at a time and SLOOOWLY

Nice! I like the lighting on the tiki!
VEEEERy nice!

F

Miles, I means this with all due jealousy. You suck.

Nice structure and composition so far. have a great Turkey day.

S

I subscribed to your blog and I wanna see daily updates on this work! :wink:

Please do somethign about the video way down on your blog that starts up when I go there. Like a minute later, I am scrambling to find out how to turn down the sound in the office!

POst often!

Great Pallette and style on that top posted piece! Just what you have there right now would make great stationary! I'm gonna hop on that blog and check it out! Glad you're gonna be playing around the Tiki and surf theme for a little while! The drama and craziness you put in those paintings is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing more great art!

K

thanks you guys!

i killed my quicktime vid on my blog - it was killing me too!

i haven't had a chance to get more done on this painting - this morning i'll get some paint rolling - i'll update this thread with a new picture of the progress tonight

aloha!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 22, 2006 9:32 AM

Yo Miles,

Did you do a sketch of this painting first, or do you let the painting "lead you to where it wants to go?"

S

Miles-

Digging it so far, I think LLT has a good idea with the stationary thing, what you got there would absolutely make a great journal/stationary page.

have a happy turkey day, paint me a hand turkey.

-S

T

hats what I thought it was too, stationary. And therefore it would be a done piece. Master of the head spin

Pages: 1 8 replies