Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

A-A's Art - "Leroy & Bob" Now Up For Sale

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha,

These two tikis are now up for sale. They are an affectionate tribute to our friends at OA. "Leroy" on the left is a replica of Leroy Schmaltz' famous tiki shown on page 242 of the BOT (but much smaller scale). "Bob" on the right is a companion piece, sort of an upside-down inside-out exact opposite version of Leroy.

They are offered at $150 apiece, or $250 for the set. "Leroy" has a large lightning bolt shaped crack down the front, which in my opinion only adds to his charm! Both are exactly the same size, 9" dia. x 18" tall, carved from ficus wood from two different trees. The finish is natural wood color, with a generous coating of marine spar varnish for longevity and durability.

Delivery is gratis if you're local, however shipping would be additional. Please PM if interested.

"Leroy & Bob"

"Leroy"

"Bob"

Cheers!

A-A

Wow Aaron.

Those are super sharp. That ficus wood looks really nice.

I have me a peice that ive been waiting to carve... looks promising.

It will be a lucky person to have your work in their home....

Right ON

Aloha A-A, those are a pair of killer carvings!! Hmmmmn I am seriously thinking about that deal. One question...regarding the crack in "Leroy", is that something that will continue to grow?

WOW!!! these are absolutely outstanding! beautiful work!

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Aloha John, The crack in Leroy developed while I was carving it. However, after I was done carving, I sprayed a ton of marine varnish directly into the crack and it hasn't gotten any larger since then (around April '05). The whole thing is so well sealed that I don't think it will be a problem whatsoever.

A-A

SOLD!

I am really looking forward to adding this amazing pair to my tiki lounge!!

Mahalo A-A.

-Aloha John

Pages: 1 5 replies