Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

I've been looking all over for this CD (The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter) and I can only find it for upwards of $70. I was wondering if maybe someone who owns it could copy it for me? I would be happy to copy some of my CDs for anyone who can help me out. I don't have much exotica but I probably have something everyone will like. If you can help me out send me a private message. Thank you.

I have it, although it is a little too spacey for me.
Send me a PM.

Of all my exotica....it is my favorite....and the cover art is a hoot. Les Baxter is just awesome!!! This one is a standard in my car.

S
sounds posted on Tue, Jan 9, 2007 1:54 AM

Exotic moods recently posted on my blog ........www.1soundsational.blogspot.com :)

sounds thanks for the post.

is your blog spot got a FULL download of the album or just afew tracks?

I'm looking to grab a cheapy copy of the album too
thanks

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Jan 11, 2007 5:23 PM

I got my copy from the local library, which I've searched for every Duke Ellington, Sinatra, Deano, Exotica, etc. album they have. I even got to know the purchaser for the midtown branch, and she admits to not knowing what to order, so she's going through my wish list this March.

Our library system lets us take out 10 CDs at a time, nobody ever seems to take them out, and they are eminently MP3able.

S

All tracks , both albums for download @ 256VBR :)

got was confused with only track highlighted but got them all and the sound GREAT.

thanks

A

On 2007-01-11 17:23, Cammo wrote:
I got my copy from the local library, which I've searched for every Duke Ellington, Sinatra, Deano, Exotica, etc. album they have. I even got to know the purchaser for the midtown branch, and she admits to not knowing what to order, so she's going through my wish list this March.

Our library system lets us take out 10 CDs at a time, nobody ever seems to take them out, and they are eminently MP3able.

Excellent tip, and I feel stupid I didn't think of it myself. Searched our Library's catalog online. They had it. Reserved online and they emailed me yesterday that it was ready for pickup at my local branch. Now on my iTunes.

T

I love this set. I got really lucky a few years ago and got one on Ebay, in excellent condition for like $15 or $20. The person was selling it in a lot with about 5 other CD compilations, mostly showtunes. When the package came, the other CDs promptly went in the trash-- I mean does the world really need more Andrew Lloyd Weber? I was actually just listening to Les the other night in honor of his birthday......

S

Anybody still looking for this ? I'm not selling my box set but may have found another . Let me know soon .

S

$ 45 shipped from Japan .

A
aku76 posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 9:29 AM

Why not just go to the official site--www.baxmusic.com? It has several other LB albums for download, also.

Aloha!

Pages: 1 12 replies