Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tabou tiki mugs for sale

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

Should have been more aware of the dreaded internet scams.

The Top Ten Internet Scams Are...

1. Web Auctions
  2. Internet Services
  3. Tabou Tiki Mugs on TC
  4. Computer Equipment/Software
  5. Pyramids/Multi-level Marketing Schemes
  6. Business Opportunities/Franchises
  7. Work-at-Home Plans
  8. Credit Card Issuing
  9. Prizes/Sweepstakes
  10. Book Sales
C

Got an email today saying my mugs were sent out last week, so there is some movement happening. Hope everyone else hears something soon. I'll be watching my mailbox over the next week or 2 for mine....

Stefan & April are REALLY, REALLY good people, I know it's been LONG, but I do believe they will make good on this for everyone. Then we can all have a long-awaited MaiTai from your cool Tabou Tiki Room Tiki tOny mug!

I'll post a picture of my MaiTai when mine arrives :D

:drink:

i hope they get to you in one piece.

Don't hold your breath.

T

Woohoo! I received my Tabou mugs today. In one piece and they are even better looking in person. Thankyou tiki gods.

C

As promised, here's my MaiTai (& a Singapore Sling) in my new TABOU TIKI ROOM mug!!!
They arrived safe & sound today :)

Good onya guys! Maybe the ship has come in? I got an email last week saying they were shipped...?

Anyone else? Hopefully everyone soon! :D

HAPPY!HAPPY!JOY?JOY?

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Mine arrived safely too.

i hope someone's got an extra to trade to me.

C

On 2007-05-25 15:35, kingstiedye wrote:
i hope someone's got an extra to trade to me.

Check your PMs
:)

Now...I'm not one to say I told you so", but...

On 2007-03-26 17:51, POCKETIKI wrote:
...I'm sure Stefan will come through on this one guys..."Vorsprung durch tiki" as they say in Anglo/German TV ads!...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Trader Jim (Make mine another MAI-TAI with German efficiency barman, ha, ha!).

I'm still waiting for mine....you might want to hold on to that "I told you so".

On 2007-05-25 17:53, Atomicchick wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine....you might want to hold on to that "I told you so".

I don't know Stefan from 'Adam' but what I do know is that, by and large, most people into tiki do respect the 'mana' and if this hasn't gone smoothly there is probably a good reason? Keep the faith, I'm sure everyone will get their mugs and until then, I will 'hold on to' the "I told you so", but when you DO get your mugs, be sure to "TELL US SO"!!!

Trader Jim - Make 'YOURS' a Mai-Tai in a Tiki tOny Tabou Tiki mug!

Look at the two strangers who showed up at my door today. Didn't believe my eyes while opening.
Damn perty mug. The gods also shined down on me earlier today with a couple nice finds.

Lamp needing rewiring came from a hotel in Montreal, Sheraton-Mt. Royal Kon Tiki perhaps? Also scored a nice mug from Hawaii Kai. I knew good kharma was coming my way, always does.

RIGHT ON SA!

I've been flip-fLop-fLipPping...away on travel assignments BUT I did receive my TTR's over Memorial Weekend. My spares are headed to thier respective TC members as promised.

I'm sooo glad Stefan & April are following through in getting these to thier respective destinations. Regardless of delays and mixed emotions, when everyone gets thier mugs you will be VERY pleased! :D

Hopefully ohana still waiting will be rewarded soon...and that AC & KTD will be seeing thier replacements too?

Keep the faith, believe in the goodness of others and your mana will shine! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

No news yet, but then it's only been a little over 7 months. :(

I did get a second cryptic email ascribing the problems to a "friend" tasked with shipping the mugs, but since then nothing.

-SV

How funny, I got that same e-mail...still no mugs.

After a 17 hour day of work yesterday, I just wanted to come home and go to sleep. As I walk in the door, what do I see? A package from Germany! Which could only mean one thing.....the replacement Tabou Mugs have arrived! Not only did the replacements arrive, but an extra two mugs did as well! So, I guess good things do come to those who wait! Eeeee, I'm stoked!!!

T

On 2007-08-31 14:01, Atomicchick wrote:
So, I guess good things do come to those who wait! Eeeee, I'm stoked!!!

You deserve sainthood for the patience you've exhibited.

(I'm working on it myself with the Notch Severed Head mug!) :wink:

Not only did the replacements arrive, but an extra two mugs did as well! So, I guess good things do come to those who wait! Eeeee, I'm stoked!!!

YOWZA-Yowza-yowza AC! :D That's great news... I hope that with the announcement your new arrivals, it should be wrapping up the saga of Tabou Tiki for all?

KTD did you get yours braddah? Anybody else left out there waiting???

It's been a mixed bag of emotions for sure, but I think we should all extend an open hand out to kaiserstyle for making things right with thier TC Ohana. Things may get a little crazy and nutz from time-to-time but OHANA is always here to help, understand and get through the rough patches. :D

On 2007-08-31 14:46, tikigreg wrote:

So, I guess good things do come to those who wait! Eeeee, I'm stoked!!!

You deserve sainthood for the patience you've exhibited.

(I'm working on it myself with the Notch Severed Head mug!) :wink:

The difference is that Notch has kept everyone informed along the way and has now offered to add on a Roberto Loco mug for free to ALL those who have suffered so terribly from Head deprivation.

TM

I've resisted adding to this post, but here's my story: I paid for two mugs back when they were first offered in Nov. '06. The mugs finally arrived in January, two months after I had paid for them. Unfortunately, one was cracked. The packaging was very bad, I was surprised both mugs weren't broke. I immediately emailed pics to see if I could get a replacement mug (one was a gift for someone).

I got a fast response: "Hi,These mugs are hand made, each one unique. We did not get them made by tiki farm or another big provider, but a very small pottery company in Germany. To me it looks like a GLAZING problem. Is the "crack" on the outside of the mug as well? A "crack" can't just be on one side. If this is really a problem for you, send it back and we will send you another one."

My response: "Hi,Thanks for the quick response. Yes, it is a crack, definitely not a glazing problem. The crack is on the outside and inside. It starts
at the rim and spreads out to an upside down "Y". It doesn't seem there was enough packaging material (newspaper). I would like to get a
replacement. I will send it USPS Airmail Parcel Post, so you should see it in 4-10
days. Thanks, Matt"

I got their address and sent the damaged mug back, on my dime! Then I started watching this post, hoping I would get my replacement mug, but as I kept reading the new posts, I wasn't counting on it.

Then last week I received a package from Germany! Low and behold, not just one mug, but two showed up! I guess two were sent as an appeasement for all the hassle....not bad. So, 9 months after I paid for two mugs, I now have three!

M

Even after all these years it is still embarrassing for me to read this thread since it shows me in what a mess I was in by late 2006 when we gave up "Tabou Tiki Room". Why I want to apologize for the delayed shipping now? Does anyone even care? Well, I don´t know but after the demise of Tabou I stepped away from tiki & rum. I got back to both of these things I feel so passionate about and decided to start an indiegogo campaign to produce naturally infused rum. One of the perks are 8 Tabou mugs that I had found in a box last year.
I want to ask the tiki gods (and everybody that felt ripped off by me) for forgiveness before I offer these mugs. I never want to fail so miserably again.
Mahalo, Stefan

On 2013-07-23 03:08, Meermaid wrote:
Even after all these years it is still embarrassing for me to read this thread since it shows me in what a mess I was in by late 2006 when we gave up "Tabou Tiki Room". Why I want to apologize for the delayed shipping now? Does anyone even care? Well, I don´t know but after the demise of Tabou I stepped away from tiki & rum. I got back to both of these things I feel so passionate about and decided to start an indiegogo campaign to produce naturally infused rum. One of the perks are 8 Tabou mugs that I had found in a box last year.
I want to ask the tiki gods (and everybody that felt ripped off by me) for forgiveness before I offer these mugs. I never want to fail so miserably again.
Mahalo, Stefan

:tiki: ALoooHA Stefan!

Wow! :o I'm truly surprised to see this thread resurface. I can't speak for everyone and won't, but to the best of my knowledge everybody received what they ordered and more.

Yes, this was a real mess at the time... but all is good now. :) I corresponded with a lot of folks back then and was simply trying to keep the peace. Tiki Diablo was my soul positive of influence, he's a great man of character...so I listened to Danny. The spirit of ALOHA is stronger than anarchy. :wink:

‘A‘ole pilikia and shaka shoootz! :D
Jonesey

M

@TravelingJones: Thank you very much for your post. I had to get this off my chest before I´m selling the last mugs. And yes, Tiki Diablo is an amazing person. I´m so happy he was part of creating Tabou and I truly hope I will be able one day to fly him back to Germany for round two.
Mahalo, Stefan

Please check out my indiegogo campaign if you are interested to buy a Tabou Tiki Room mug:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meermaid-infused-rum/x/3882989

Pages: 1 2 72 replies