Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tabou tiki mugs for sale

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

Here it is at last, the famous tiki tony designed Tabou tiki mugs. Tabou will no longer be prodcing mugs, and this is your last chance to grab one up! THE PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS: $45 USD for the mug, $20 USD for shipping surface to the States, $36 USD for Airmail. The shipping price is the same for 1 or 2 mugs. For within Germany, the mug price is 35 Euros and shipping 6 Euros. Within Europe shipping is 11 Euros. Please direct payments through PAYPAL under the following account: [email protected] To all those who order mugs: please send us your mailing address under [email protected] when you tell us you sent paypal payments 'cause our psychic abilities don't reach the USA. (unless you mentioned it on the paypal site, thanks) Please read the info under the last pic!

The numbering system on the bottom of the mugs is the following: The 1st number means second edition, (the 1st edition was only 20 pieces and long gone so don't ask) the 2nd number means the amount that were produced in that edition, and the 3rd number is what number YOU have in the edition. So the example above means 2nd edition, 100 produced, mug 100. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD EDITION!!! LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE TABOU MUGS, ONLY 60 LEFT AND THEY ARE GOING FAST! Any more exclamation points would probably be overkill...

30 mugs sold, 30 more to go. Thank you for the interest.

W
Wolli posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 2:33 PM

Hi Stefan,
any new information about the mugs ??
When do ship them out ?

Wolli

Still waiting for mine. Anybody else receive theirs?

So I paid for these mugs over a month ago, was planning on giving a couple as Christmas gifts to my coolest traders, still haven't received the mugs and no replys to my e-mails. Is anybody else in the same boat as me?

C

yep, me, too, though I do expect we'll see them soon. The chaos of selling the bar & moving countries may have just gotten the best of them temporarily. Hoping to hear something after the holidays....

my wife got mine (the greatest christmas gift) on friday after no replies to email,etc....so hopefully all of yours are in route

No such luck yet. I paid for express shipping. It's been over a month, definately not express!

On 2006-12-27 06:47, croe67 wrote:
yep, me, too, though I do expect we'll see them soon. The chaos of selling the bar & moving countries may have just gotten the best of them temporarily. Hoping to hear something after the holidays....

selling the bar?? are they giving up the bar??

C

No Tabou Tiki mug sightings yet on the Eastern Shore? Anybody else? I'm probably not alone; if Stefan could post a word of encouragement here...anybody have contact with them?

:D Shaka Y'all and Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

No mugs. No replies to sent e-mails. I don't have a good feeling about this. I'm beginning to feel like I've been had.

T

Hey chick, you got mugged !!!!!

Hi everybody, packages were sent out on the 16th/17th of December. Can you please understand that in Europe the paypal payments took almost 3 weeks to clear our bank account. We are not scam artists. We just sold the bar, are expecting a kid in 2 weeks and sending over thirty mugs out at the same time. The people that paid for express I'm very sorry, the German post office SAID they would get there for christmas. Anyone who still didn't get their mug and paid for EXPRESS MAIL please contact us. Everyone who paid for surface mail you need to be way patient as it takes up to 9 weeks for surface. This is after the 3 weeks that it took paypal to clear our bank account. We are not trying to scam anyone.

T

Thanks for the update. I wasn't worried, but I was curious.
It can't be easy having a baby, selling a bar and moving, especially around Xmas.
Good luck and Happy New Year.

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 6:21 PM

I knew all would be fine - I haven't gotten mine, yet, but I know they are on the way - Thanks so much & best of luck with all of your life changes!!!!

ALOHA Tabou! Got da message, LIFE IS GOOD! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

ALOOOHA TC MUG COLLECTORS! GOT TABOU???

On 2006-11-29 06:46, kaiserstyle wrote:
30 mugs sold, 30 more to go. Thank you for the interest.

On 2007-01-05 14:37, kaiserstyle wrote:
Hi everybody, packages were sent out on the 16th/17th of December. Can you please understand that in Europe the paypal payments took almost 3 weeks to clear our bank account. We are not scam artists. We just sold the bar, are expecting a kid in 2 weeks and sending over thirty mugs out at the same time. The people that paid for express I'm very sorry, the German post office SAID they would get there for christmas. Anyone who still didn't get their mug and paid for EXPRESS MAIL please contact us. Everyone who paid for surface mail you need to be way patient as it takes up to 9 weeks for surface. This is after the 3 weeks that it took paypal to clear our bank account. We are not trying to scam anyone.

Several months have passed and I would like to request a show of hands:

(1) Who ordered Tabou Tiki mugs in November/December?
(2) What was the total number of mugs purchased?
(3) How many people received thier purchase?
(4) Did your purchase arrive safely and undamaged?
(5) Have you had any follow-up correspondence regarding your purchase?

Many of us have waited patiently and I know of only TWO collectors that recieved thier package of broken dreams. More than 15 weeks for shipment from Europe and 10 weeks since any posted reply from kaiserstyle?
I for one can be patient and sympathetic to various personal circumstances incurred for these folks. They are after all TC Ohana, right? They have our understanding, good faith and trust as members of this fine community.

So where are the packages? Where is the follow-up to shipment of goods?

I personally purchase many things internationally and this is my very first non-arrival from overseas origination. I've purchased over a dozen items from various parts of the world in the past 3months and all have arrived promptly, safely and with cheerful correspondence from all parties involved in transaction.

So I will start the list;

Number of MUGS PURCHASED & DELIVERY TYPE requested:

• TravelingJones: -3 mugs/ Express/ NOT Received.

Mahaloz for your participation,
Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

T

Hi All,

I got mine about a month ago, after a few e-mails to both e-mails provided, it just arrived sort of out of the blue. It's in one piece even.

Tikisgrl

Nothin so far. Haven't heard anything either-big bummer :-?

i ordered 2. they arrived smashed. i sent an e-mail and got a reply requesting a pic of the broken mugs. i sent it and never heard back. it's been over 2.5 months now.

C

Hi Everyone -

I ordered 2 mugs that I have not, yet, received.

BUT I did just TODAY receive an email & he wants to make it right. I know he travels a ton - for months at a time (he just returned from a trip) - and with the new baby, April has not had the ability to address this. I have met these folks & they are truly good tiki people. I don't excuse that it has been a VERY long time since we paid & have not yet gotten the mugs. But I really am confident that they have good intent & will make good on all of this. I don't tend to be the naive type - actually more cynical - but I do believe they will make this right. The only thing he is "gulity" of is maybe taking on a bit more than he could handle in the middle of some major life changes.

Let's extend just a bit more TC good will - I think we'll be glad we did.

Ordered 4 mugs express shipping. When the mugs FINALLY arrived, two of the four were smashed. I have sent several e-mails with tons of pictures of the broken mugs and have yet to receive a single response. I wanted the extra mugs as Christmas gifts. Guess it's a little late for that now. Because it has been so long, without even a response to an e-mail, it is difficult to remain optimistic.

My Tabou made it to California intact with the regular delivery service. It was a harrowing journey nonetheless! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Hope you all get your mugs eventually!

T

I ordered 2 mugs along with the rest of you and have yet to receive something. I have sent a couple of emails with no response. I'm not going to overreact but this is starting to make me sort of a downy clowny.

V

I ordered 1 mug and got it without problem.

I ordered 1 mug, surface mail.
Nothing received so far.

I have sent three emails, and have to date received one reply back to the second one saying that they would look into when it was shipped. Since then, no word.

I'm trying to keep a good outlook, but it's tough given the circumstances. From what I've heard they're good people, but it's hard to imagine how this got so bungled as I routinely send and receive packages from all over the world and have never had this kind of experience.

I still have my fingers crossed …

-SV

I hope y'all get your mugs soon. I don't think April and Stephan would intentionaly rip you guys off. Lagging with shipment, yes, but I stayed with them for a month almost and they were awesome peeps.

I have two mugs and would give one of them to somebody here that is missimg one in a free raffle type dealio or something. Just a thought.

T

Just think how famous this mug is now. Much less in the world and its a 50/50 thing if you get an exploded one or not, and there is a bunch of posting on it now. Its so bad, isn't almost comical. If and when a box comes, just shake it and see if it sounds like Logos or not.

I ordered 2 mugs via surface mail. Mugs are MIA and never bothered e-mailing.
I tried to file a complaint with paypal, but was after the 6 week window to
do so. Little lesson to be learned if you order something and the item takes
longer than you are comfortable with, log a complaint before 6 weeks and then
cancel the complaint if item arrives that way you aren't out the money. Trying to a TCer the benefit of the doubt, like the drawing idea.

ALoooHA!

I received an email from Stefan and I want to share a brief portion of his message, as follows:

"hi, i promise i will take care of the mess." "please give me a chance to take care of this soon."
mahalo, stefan

I wrote him back a lengthy reply, but condensed for this forum; I strongly encouraged him to do the following:
(1) Please contact EVERYONE who purchased mugs from you.
(2) Please expedite shipment of mugs that haven't been shipped, replace those that are broken.
(3) Please reply to this TC post and provide thier personal apology to TC Ohana.
(4) Please just DO THE RIGHT THING.

I sincerely hope that 'kaiserstyle' will bring this whole "mess" to a happy conclusion soon?

Speaking only for myself; all I ever wanted was an original Tiki tOny 'Tabou Tiki Room' mug from Berlin. I also wanted a couple to share with friends as Mele Kalikimaka. Regardless of this past distraction, I just want the 3 mugs they sold me in TC Marketplace and I paid for, to include EXPRESS shipping of $55USD...three months ago.

:D PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

a quick word of advice to anybody getting the mug that is completely isolated from the recent content of this thread. the mug is crazed as is obvious in the photo. you should inquire if the glaze is indeed a crazing glaze. if it isn't, display this beauty (hopefully you'll get them!) with pride but don't drink out of it.

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-03-21 20:21 ]

wow, im glad ours safely arrived in december, its my favorite mug....but only for display, plenty others to drink out of!

ordered one - regular post - not received

I do know of others in the UK that have got theirs?

I just wanted to say mahalo to TravelingJones for taking the effort to get
this flamshammery straightend out, hopefully everything gets squared away.
Now get crackin' on that global warming, Al needs your help.

W
Wolli posted on Thu, Mar 22, 2007 3:55 PM

I live in Germany and also had to wait nearly 3 months of my Tabou Tiki Mug.
It's al little bit strange.....I wrote Stefan some emails + messanges via TC after I had paid for the mugs and never recieved any answer, but suddenly the postman ring the bell and hand me out a package with my mugs.
How we say in Germany:" Was lange waehrt wird endlich gut" (Good things come to those who wait)

So I hope everbody in US will recieve his mug soon.

I wish they would reply to my e-mails, that would be cool. It would be even cooler if two new ones arrived at my door to replace the broken ones. :(

Just thought I'd say I got mine quite some time ago and was oblivious to the fact that not everyone has. I'm not sure whether my other UK mates have got theirs though? Great mug which was worth waiting for, especially if you're a BIG Tiki tOny fan like us here at POCKETIKI Magazine! I'm sure Stefan will come through on this one guys..."Vorsprung durch tiki" as they say in Anglo/German TV ads!

All the Best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a MAI-TAI with German efficiency barman, ha, ha!).

bump

I ordered 2....1 is for TikiTony. Not here yet.

Bump.

Still no news... at least for me.

• SV

Bump. While we wait hows about a game of "Where's Tabou?". Please circle find.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 1:42 PM

Fine job Murph, you deserve some cotton candy or maybe a fried Twinkie.

Anybody????

T

Nope, nothing at all. I've tried emailing various emails but with no luck.

C
croe67 posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 7:51 AM

Nothing, yet.
I just re-emailed him to all 3 email addresses I have for him. He travels for work for months at a time & doesn't seem to check email while he is gone. I am guesssing that when he gets back, we'll hear from him again......

I sent him a message to his myspace account. He read it, but still has not replied. :( It amazes me how people can just literally steal from others and not think twice about it. Very untiki like...shame!

Pages: 1 2 72 replies