Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Name My New Puppie

Pages: 1 21 replies

U

I Just brought home this 8 week old Boston Terrier. My wife said let's name her Tiki. Great name, but maybe alittle to generic. So I thought I'd bring this up on Tiki Central for the Ohana to give her a awesome Tiki Goddess name. What do you think, what should we call her?

Hey nice to meet another Unkle on the board!

Cute pup. Hmm names, have you thought about naming her after a tiki esablishment?
How about: Koku (dog)
or you can use this site to help you out: http://www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/hawaiian.cgi?convert

Wow....she is a cutie-pie. Maybe you can shop for a name while you wait for suggestions.
http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_wargods.htm
http://www.babynamenetwork.com/baby_names/origins/Polynesian_baby_names.cfm

I have baby Golden Retrievers....they are 3 months old now. Just an FYI...they had tempermental tummies...but I finally found that Iams Puppy food worked the best for them...they love it and it seems to agree very well with their tummies. Now if I can just get them to quit chewing on the bark I have in my yard!!!

Your little girl has beautiful markings and such a lovely face....she does deserve the name of a goddess. :)

MD

She kind of has that marquesan (sp?)look with her cute little eyes all bugged out to the side like that. What a cutie. Teach her to ride on the dash or the back window of the car.....make a great real booblehead!
Congrats.....
How about Princess Mai Koku.....
Then when it comes time to pick up the yard....it'll be Princess Mai Koku poo poo. Or the shovel will be a Princess Mai Koku poo poo platter.

Gawd I'm a Dork.

S

OMG, too danged cute.
I have no name ideas, but I reawyy wanna pet hew and wuv hew and give hew wots of petting and wuvvin...
Okay, oops, puppy tawk started....
hmmm, how bout Lilo, or Stitch! hehehehehe
Thanks fer sharing!
Pea

I had a cat that I named Nahu which in the Hawaiian Dictionary means

1. nvt. To bite; to have a tendency to bite, as a dog; to sting, as beating rain; pain, as of stomachache or of childbirth; bite. ho?o.nahu To bite, cause a stomachache; to pretend to bite.

I think it's a great name.

G

Menehune Nuggets

Oh, sorry! Wrong thread...

Awwww, what a cutie!

So how about 'Ku-tie'? Or...

'Kuri'? (Maori for dog)
'Queen Kuri'?

'Puhuruhuru'? (Maori for hairy) (& it has poo in it :lol:)

More pu/poo names: ie 'Princess...'

'Purotutanga'? (beauty)

'Puruhi'? (flea!)

'Punua'? (young animal)

'Purei'? (to play)

'Puahi'? (dogskin cloak!)

I wont be able to stop thinking about this until she has a name, so please let us know...

My pick: "Princess Puruhi"

Good luck! Tama :)

I like...

"Kohia" (Female Polynesian name for a Passionflower)

TikiDog

Z

It may not be tiki, but she looks like a 'Lola' to me.

Congats on the new puppy. I love Bostons, with their little tuxedo markings, they're always looking rather formal.
Their black & white markings also look dashing with dog-sized aloha shirts!

How about "Pike" 'cause she's Wall-Eyed?

U

Thanks you Ohana for all your help in the naming of the puppy. My wife and I love Princess Mai Koku, but Koku doesn't really roll off the tongue. Kohia and Pele are my favorites so far, but this is tougher then I thought. Name and new pictures coming soon.

flairdog

K

On 2006-12-05 11:40, Johnny Dollar wrote:
flairdog

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

D

i like the name Hula Girl

Flairdog.....OMG I'm still laughing at the vision of that one. That will not be complementary to her fabulous little eyes. I am eager to hear what name she will get....and see more pix. :)

Ohhhh, I think BT's are the cutest puppies in the world! I have two myself ( Will & Grace).
I like Pele myself.

U

Here's the wife with the new pooch. The name we decided on is... Princess Mai COCONUT, Coconut for short.

K

Coconut (Cutie) Pie!
have fun and spoil her rotten...lots of nylabones to chew...
:D
K.

Ohhh...Coconut is a cute name. She looks quite happy and well loved. Have fun with her. :)

Terribly cute! I vote for the name Marty... or Feldman... or possibly Marty Feldman. Yep.

Seriously, I think it's not to late to incorporate Unkle John's suggestion and give the pup some creative spelling also:Kokunut!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-12-19 10:16 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies