Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Congratulations, Hanford! He won a Nightmare Before Xmas contest!

Pages: 1 16 replies

H

Hanford's entry in MySpace's Design Your Own Nightmare Before Christmas Character contest was announced today as the winner! The contest was run as a promotion for the new 3D version that's out in theaters. Here is Hanford's winning character:

Hanford created this character, using the contest's online character-creator tool as a starting point, and adding the finishing touches in Photoshop (you can read more about how he created it here, in a blog post on his MySpace account). There were more than 1,600 entries, and the filmmakers judged Hanfords to be the best, which is pretty darned cool. One of the prizes he won was a video from Tim Burton, congratulating him on his win, which is also pretty darned cool.

You can see Hanford's entry on the MySpace profile for The Nightmare Before Christmas here, and you can watch Tim Burton's congratulatory message on Hanford's profile here.

Congratulations, baby!

J

Congratulations Hanford!!! Nice work! A drink on me next Wednesday!

Yeah! I'm thrilled for you!!!

MT

Wow, that's way cool! Congratulations Hanford!!!

C

Super Genius! Very Clever a good win!!

Chongolio

P
pablus posted on Sat, Dec 2, 2006 9:58 AM

Nice work, cap'n.
When Burton hires you for his next film, make sure he puts a tiki in it somewhere.

Congratulations Hanford!!! That is very very cooooool.

Cheers,
Jeff

That thing is very cool. Nice piece of work. Congrats.

Great character....and congratulations. What an honor!!!

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun making it!

K

Congrats! Fantastic!
Just something you "whipped up"?
:D
K.

G

My son is beggin' me to take him to the 3D version. Congrats Hanford, that is WAY cool!

Egad! That's awesome! Great minds think alike. Looks like Tim really DUG your design. Fantastic.

T

is the 3D version still playing, I dodn't think it is around here anymore, I think it got replaced by HappyFeet or something. Man, I didn't see the re-release and I going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life.

H

On 2006-12-13 14:59, teaKEY wrote:
is the 3D version still playing, I dodn't think it is around here anymore, I think it got replaced by HappyFeet or something. Man, I didn't see the re-release and I going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life.

Don't worry about it teaKey. You didn't miss much. It was exactly like the original except it was in 3D. Glorious, engulfing, mesmerizing 3D.

Congratulations Hanford on your winning entry! I saw the 3D version of Nightmare Before Christmas back in October at the historic El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. The added depth really enhanced the ghoulish beauty of the film. As I left the theatre I couldn't help but think, that a tiki themed animated film should be made in the style of Nightmare Before Christmas set in an exotic, tiki populated, paradise, and that Tim Burton would be the perfect one for a project such as this. Most definitely Tiki Tony and Al Evans would be creative consultants. Ken Ruzics paintings would also serve as inspiration. Just a crazy thought I had!.......You listening Hollywood??

Congratulations Hanford, I can imagine how many graphic artists and cartoonists entered, you must have beat out thousands. That's great.

I like the idea for the next Tim Burton movie too, we would go to that, Wendy

Pages: 1 16 replies