Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

steel artist - Tiki Table (support TreeTikis project)

Pages: 1 4 replies

NEW DELICIOUS TIKI ART TABLE

Architectural metal artist new work that grew out of guerrilla tiki art project in neighorhood (check out saving LA palm skyline topic for story).

Description:
Architectural & sculptural style end, lamp or coctail table.
Ever so retro, and simultaneously forward looking it screams
out for a couple of MaiTais or martinis
or or maybe just a fish bowl.............
Its tiki fierce & fun at the same time.

Materials: solid 1/4" thick A-36 mild steel, 3/8" inset clear glass top.
How is it made? CNC laser cut, magically fitted parts so that when assembled there are no visible welds inside or out.
Finish: Steel shot peen finish with clear powdercoat, giving a soft metallic sheen that is a warm grey. Basically it's blasted not with sand or conventional abrasive- it's BB blasted.
Dimensions: 14.09" x 14.09" x 21.75" tall.
Heavy: YES! Aren't all Tikis heavy?? Weight is approximately 50 lbs with glass top.

NOT AN AUCTION ITEM - only direct from LA based artist studio.
Also available in #304 or #316 stainless steel,
email or contact artist at
http://www.ornamental-iron.com/indexes_docs/ornamental_iron_gold_exit.htm

$600 studio direct/wholesale. Dealer inquieries welcome. Price does not include crating or freight outside of LA area.

Other forms - ie. NEW STUFF COMING SOON !!
dining room chairs &
custom palm planters
tiki bar structures (making one by commission currently), and tiki art. If you have a special need - I can modify the motif (there are actually two) into other fun & enduring furniture. Studio is recognized with national awards for architectural metals & artist has lectured internationally on computerized fabrication technologies as an artist working in an architectural setting.

YOU ARE NOT JUST BUYING AN ART TABLE ~ YOU ARE SUPPORTING A TIKI PROJECT.
Profit from tiki tables is earmarked for ongoing TreeTiki art project, converting palm stumps abandoned in urban LA as the city starts removing them for whatever reason (power line interference, disease or spite). Each table funds a TreeTiki somewhere that will be posted on TikiRoom/Central forums.

Mahalo
the TreeTiki wahine

R

Amazing table!! I would love to see the cutting machine in action on this.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 6:08 PM

great potential for a lamp methinks :)

P
PremEx posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2006 8:34 PM

great potential for a lamp methinks :)

I was over at TreeTiki wahine's tonight for the official unveiling of her TreeTikis and got to see this tiki base up close and personal...and with a candle inside this table...it projects awesome tiki shadows on the walls! :)

Hey RodeoTiki

I am (probably) too heavy into documenting process in my design work. The TreeTikis & TableTikis are in this case laser fabricated, with minimal ~ very invisible welding. Even though this particular project is 'outside' tiki topic, it addresses your curiousity. Bless you for having more than 9 lives to sustain it.

Images of a studio project from drawing thru laser fab (actually the same machine that cut the tikis - a Mitsubishi LXP 40-30 nitrogen laser with O2 assist, Mitsu GeoTool software - 80kb buffer ~ for all you technically inquisitive) to finished details.

http://161.58.102.106/publichtm/ornamental_iron_com_galleryc_13.htm

thumbnails are clickable to check larger images out with some explanations. It can be a slow load, so enjoy patience.

ps - I have been thinking about a lamp - particularly a table lamp. ahh, but that is another week.

e-)
da TreeTiki wahine

Pages: 1 4 replies