Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hawaii Five-0 series on DVD

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Thanks Josh, will hit Amazon...I am watching some 5-0 now. :)

T

Season 3 comes out Jan 22 next year. Only 84 days.

Wahooo!! Thanks for the updates!

Just watched the first epidode of Season 3!

Just found out that CBS has posted the first season of Hawaii Five-0 on their website. There's also Star Trek, Twilight Zone, MacGyver and Melrose Place.

"Hook 'em, Danno." :wink:

Um, didn't mean to be a threadkiller here.

To make amends:
http://departmentofrecords.blogspot.com/

For the soundtrack fans in this topic, you'll find (as long as it's still there) a really boss little gem. I suggest nabbing it while you can.

This is great fun; Morton Stevens' score is totally '60's cool, sort of like "Bullitt"-goes-Hawaiian... Spin it up while you're up to other non-TV-watching activities, and it's like watching the show in your mind. Oooo.

Got my Seasson 3 in the mail...will be watching it this weekend....da da da da duh duh....da da da da duuuuuuuh!!!!

The fourth season is available for pre-order on Amazon.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-03-16 10:08 ]

Found this newsletter that some folks might find interesting. A lot of info on that fan site.

Season 3 was totally wonderful. :D

Season 4's been out for a few days! Highly recommended as it's the last round with Kono and also contains the brilliant Buddy Ebsen travelers cheque scam episode.

Just got mine as a Father's day present. Made the kids watch a couple of episodes with me but they had the expected reaction "one of dad's strange old movies again". sigh I'm kinda getting used to that!

Great to watch again, the last time I saw these I remember being 7 or 8 and I was the designated "remote control" for the TV. On cold and rainy Sunday nights in England 5-0 was awe-inspiring to me..

The version of the theme music switched on these!

Yee Haw...just got my season 4...I feel a weekend marathon coming on!!!

There is a new television network showing up across the country as local stations convert to digital. Retro Television Network. This is a broadcast network, not a cable only station. I am picking it up with rabbit ears.

One of the local stations here in Orlando (Action 27) has added Retro Television Network
on 27-2. My Tivo found it doing a keyword search for 'Hawaii'.
They show Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI back to back every night at 9EST.

When it started to Tivo last week they were at the end of 1980, the last season. Last night (Monday June 30th) Season 1 Episode 1 aired. This is a good chance to see it from beginning to end. Should take about a year.

Check out this page to see if it is broadcasting in your area.

http://www.rtnville.com/affiliates.html

T

On 2008-06-11 20:16, bamalamalu wrote:
Season 4's been out for a few days! Highly recommended as it's the last round with Kono and also contains the brilliant Buddy Ebsen travelers cheque scam episode.

Yes! 3000 crooked miles to Honolulu, with the best ending ever:
"Aloha. Aloha, suckers."
I love that one! I just got mine the other day!

I had that on my answering machine for a while!

T

I just watched "Bored, She Hung Herself" available from here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.hawaii-five-o/browse_thread/thread/b7fdbbdc56f36db4?pli=1
I loved it.
Just to reiterate, this is the "suppressed" episode from season 2, not included in DVD pkgs. nor ever shown on TV. It depicts a creepy, esoteric, and dangerous "yoga" practice in a way that was very controversial. I consider it an excellent episode, though part of that is probably due to the "forbidden fruit" aspect of it. I like the dark subject matter and the over-the-top depictions of countercultural "hippies." A good description of the show can be seen here, on the lower half of the page:
http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/5-0log2.htm
However, if you intend to watch the episode, I'd suggest doing so before reading the synopsis. The video quality was fine for me. The imperfection of it seemed fitting in a strange way.

[ Edited by: Thomas 2009-04-15 14:10 ]

T

On 2009-04-15 00:14, Thomas wrote: ...not included in DVD pkgs. nor ever shown on TV...

Well, not any more at least. Apparently it was aired once and then suppressed due to the subject matter. It has been claimed that a viewer attempted a dangerous practice depicted in it, and died doing so.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies