Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island: New Year's Eve 2006 Party!

Pages: 1 37 replies

M

Aloha!

We’re pleased to announce Forbidden Island’s first ever New Year’s Eve Party! This exclusive private event will be a great way to usher in 2007, island style! Each admission includes:

-Three of our famous exotic cocktails of your choice!
-Dinner catered by Alameda’s own Hawaiian Drive-Inn
-Champagne toast
-Entertainment by Alameda’s own DJ Hyball.
-Party favors and much more!

Tickets are only $60, and are only available at Forbidden Island. Hurry on in because it’s selling fast- we’re limiting the event to just fifty people so there will be plenty of room to celebrate!

Don’t miss the best party in Alameda!

Mahalo!!

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com
510-749-0332

J

Ahh, finally a decent New Year's Eve party very close to home!

Ticket purchased. I'm there! Yay!!

I hope some other TC people are gonna sign up for this awesome event!

what a neat idea!

Hmmmmm...I hate being on the road (after drinkin') on a holiday and the drive back to Sacramento is so far after midnight. Any nice places to stay in the area? If I can book a room, I might try to make it.

Got my tickets.....got my leopard print dinner jacket.....can't think of a better place to ring in '007!!!!

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2006-12-04 23:06 ]

It does smack of a Vespar Martini doesn't it. :)

J

On 2006-12-04 22:30, VampiressRN wrote:
Hmmmmm...I hate being on the road (after drinkin') on a holiday and the drive back to Sacramento is so far after midnight. Any nice places to stay in the area? If I can book a room, I might try to make it.

This post has the info for places to stay in Alameda. Of the ones listed, Hawthorne Suites is the closest to Forbidden Island, and considering it's New Year's Eve and the police will be out in full force, you may want to stay as close as possible to limit your in-town driving.

Ooooh. thanks for the link. I just got tickets for me and my crazy Mom (she is 87 years old) and loves to have a good time. I don't know if we will stay till midnight, so will just figure it out later. This will be my first time to a Tiki event and how exciting to make it the Forbidden Island. I am looking forward to meeting people from TC. (Dang.....my fabulous fez is lost somewhere in my garage....we will have to make do with some neck decor by way of a lei.)

Yeee Haaw....just got a room at the Days Inn (not a fabulous 5 star joint), but who cares after a few libations, some dancing on the tables, and a rip-roaring cab ride.
:tiki:

M

Thanks everyone for all the interest!

New Year's Eve at Forbidden Island is SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!

See y'all soon!

On 2006-12-05 19:03, VampiressRN wrote:
Yeee Haaw....just got a room at the Days Inn (not a fabulous 5 star joint), but who cares after a few libations, some dancing on the tables, and a rip-roaring cab ride.
:tiki:

It may be a Day's Inn, but it has a fabulous A-frame and Googie style artichecture!!
Ms D and myself may be spending the night there too

Fabulous!! Better get a room now...the Hawthorne had no rooms, so figure other places will be filling up too. I'll be taking the taxi to and from the hotel....sounds like the police are pretty strict on the island. I look forward to meeting fellow TCers. :)

S

Gosh Dernit, I sure wish I could be joinin' ya!!!
Everyone have a GREAT time!!!
Pea

IF for some reason you have tickets and can't go, I would be happy to buy them. I SLEPT! Just PM me. Thanks a lot!

Booked a suite today at the Day's Inn!! It sure is sweet - two beds, a couch and a bar!!
Can you say Room Party??
Anybody else travelling to the Isle for NYE? Book at the Day's Inn.
Let's really bring in 007 Tiki style!!
Their rates aren't bad, considering. $79.99 for single bed, $89.99 for 2 beds and $110 for a suite.
See ya all at FI...
Meanwhile, here's a pic of the best darn looking Motor Inn in Alameda
Interesting fact...the adjoining restaurant, now an Asian Buffet, used to be a Sambo's

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2006-12-08 00:42 ]

Thanks for the picture of our humble abode for the ringing in of 007. See you there. :tiki:

Thanks Conga Mike for the Days Inn photo and rates. Got a suite booked there for NYE for the 4 of us going to the Forbidden Island Island party.

The cab companies are going to be busy in Alameda!!!

M

***Midnite needs a miracle! ***

Long story short: we were unable to purloin two tickets to the big FINYE cavalcade of fun. However, I have been able to, through the kindness of another, get dibs on one unwanted ticket. I need, NEED, one more. Thus, if you, or you, or anyone, like that guy over there, have an extra ticket, or won't be using one for some sorrowful reason...

Let me know. Just send me a PM, I'll be away for a few days and won't have much time after I return so I'm asking now: midnite needs a miracle.

Danke,
midnite

PS Merry/Happy everything!

Haven't heard from anyone since my last post, but still hoping someone wants to give up two tickets. Really bummed that I didn't get my tickets when I was at the bar. Please PM me if you have two available.
THANKS A LOT!!!

My Mom has a cold and is not feeling well. I will talk to her later today, but I may be interested in selling the 2 tickets I have. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

I will be sorry not to make this event, was really looking forward to it, but maybe we can hit the following Wednesday night. I may be out a hotel room too, so let me know if you are interested in that as well.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2006-12-28 04:58 ]

I look forward to the pictures at least. :)

TW

I missed this! ACK! I guess I will be at the La Pinata down the street moping over a rum and coke. :(

Yee Haw....theded1 is going to the FI New Years Bash. Thanks for buying my tickets.....I sure will miss not going....but soooo glad you will be able to go. Toast a flaming drink for me....and post pictures!!! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH VampiressRN. We will toast many many drinks, though hopefully nothing that will give me 3rd degree burns. Pics will surely result. YAY!

MT

If anyone wants to check out the local "Christmas Tree Street" in Alameda while en route to ring in the New Year at Forbidden Island, it is located on Thompson Avenue, between High Street and Fernside Blvd. It's not as elaborate as the Rombiero house up in Novato, but is definitely worth a look-see in my opinion.

Here is a map for those interested in checking it out.

Paging Captain Midnight...

Late breaking news is that my friend cancelled for tonight so I have TWO FREE tickets to FI NYE. I need Ray's phone number ASAP.

If someone could call me with his number or call him and give him my number I would really appreciate it.

Phone Number Removed

He's got first dibs on the tickets but if I can't reach him by 2 pm or he's already made other plans then I will make them available to the next person on the FI wait list.

Had to update this it seems that my single ticket might have been promised out and I still want to give Midnight first dibs on what has now become two tickets. So I have to hear back from him by 2 pm or we'll be letting the single go to another TC member and I'll once again have only a single up for grabs.

Melissa

[ Edited by: retrodiva 2006-12-31 13:07 ]

[ Edited by: retrodiva 2006-12-31 16:45 ]

CL

Great time last night. Still recovering. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the people, dining, dancing...and most importantly, arm wrestling...cheers to the champ...the wonderful Ms. Stephanie of FI fame. :)

S

I want to see pictures too! I couldn't go :(:(:(

Suzanne

Here are some pics of the fabulous New Year's Eve party @ Forbidden Island.

Our Table -- complete with leopard print cupcakes!

Me in my red faux fur jacket and Fez-o-Rama Sun Tiki fez

Dressed to Impress

The Festivities

Midnight Arrives

A Toast to 2007!

The Infamous Pink Leopard Print Party Hat

The Fuel that Powers the Tiki Life!

YEAH!!! Thanks for posting those pictures....looks like you all had a grand ole time ringing in the 007. :)

CL

Thanks for posting Tikitastic. I was starting to think everyone was still passed out from the party and afterparty festivities. ;-D

On 2007-01-02 21:42, Tikitastic wrote:
Here are some pics of the fabulous New Year's Eve party @ Forbidden Island.

H

I left my voice in Alameda. I think I tied one on and now I can't get the damned knot undone. It was all worth it. What a fantastic night. I neglected to get many pictures of the fab afterparty at the Days Inn, but I've got plenty o' pics from the main event. Many thanks to all the fine folks at Forbidden Island for making it happen!

The whole album is here: http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/nye2007/

:down: Haole'akamai's extra-fancy nails:

:down: Tofu Joe et Haole'akamai, avec fez et chapeau du culte de l'oeil:

:down: Tiki Woo's ever-smilin' face is always a pleasant sight:

:down: Hanford & Tofu Joe:

:down: Barback Stephanie, and her fantastical eyewear:

:down: The elegant Coco Loco:

:down: Boo Loo (a.k.a. Martiki's better half) is a vision of pink loveliness:

:down: The boys really know how to dress:

:down: Hanford, with new friends Colleen & Jonathan:

:down: Tofu Joe & Hanford display cunning skill with their sartorial choices:

:down: Haole'akamai rises to the challenge of some hot chick-on-chick arm wrestling...

:down: ...but it takes Stephanie to finally topple her from the top of the hill...

:down: ...and the crowd goes ape-shit insane (note the swinging lamp):

:down: Random crowd shot (Coco Loco & Tikitastic are on the left, Tofu Joe's tassle is on the right):

:down: Hanford starts to get really excited for midnight:

:down: Jessica, happy to be serving a room full of joyous, experienced drunks:

:down: Mai Tai & Hanford get their champagne at the ready:

:down: Hanford gets his extendable fork (to match my extendable cigarette holder) at the ready:

:down: Stephanie & me:

:down: Will the Thrill:

:down: Martin, the ultimate master of ceremonies:

:down: Tofu Joe & Haole'akamai celebrate the new year with an absolute shredding of rugs:

Happy New Year, everyone!

Alright, FINE!!

Go here for our photos, and believe me, I drank so much these are the good ones!

CL

:D

S

I was definately in the WRONG place on New Year's Eve. I was at home with a cold (which is still here, ick).

Looks like it was SO MUCH FUN!

Next year??!?!?!

Suzanne

M

Favorite picture- but more to follow....

TW

What an amazing time! THANK YOU everyone at Forbidden Island for everything. There was no other place I would of rather been.

Pages: 1 37 replies